Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniferH

Holts Did It
Nov 7, 2013
Georgia
102243_original.jpg

102717_original.jpg

- Riding this rodeo until the Caps lose, I guess.

Last edited:

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
You missed a good chance to call him Stenchnikov, but otherwise, well done! Also, let's kill these f***ing f***s!

JenniferH

Holts Did It
Nov 7, 2013
Georgia
Honestly, the lines could be totally wrong. I still have the projected lines from the first game. If they're wrong. Eh. They're projected lines after all.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I do think Tom Wilson can intimidate his beard into growing faster

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Might be another 1 goal game or even OT. But I like our chances if we play our game.

Vegas likes the canes slightly in this one

Reactions: Drakon

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Need 2 points tonight because Orpik needs rest to stay effective ffs!

"If you asked anyone on our team who you would be the happiest to see score an overtime goal, it’s probably Brooks Orpik,” goaltender Braden Holtby said. "Come playoff time, you realize why that kind of game is so important. The way he plays, how hard he plays, how hard he makes it — it would be tough to play that way all year, but in the playoffs you can tell no one’s getting by him.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
This game will say a lot for our long term hopes... orrr maybe not.

Kuzy gets room with Ovi and Willy. I’d prefer to see him back there so that Vrana has Nicky. V is more NEEDED by Nicky for speed than Kuzy. Touches the puck more.

I’m thinking Caps hit their stride now. It’s been a slow build. 5-2.

Reactions: foundhockey

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Nick seems to be willing to burn some villages. I think he will be good on either line.

Kuzy is struggling because he is struggling, and for a long time already.

More concerned about bottom-6 anyway

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think we can all sit back and laugh at this point at the Holtby embellishment spin. The predictable ending, a guy scores on him 5 hole as he finished his 360.

If Orpik leads us to another cup, he may be approaching legend status. We were a stacked team that couldn't even get close without him. Who are the widely accepted top DD men in playoff history... Charlie Huddy, Dave Langevin... playoffs awards remain focused on scoring or tending but in the softass modern NHL, hitting and shot blocking are more prominent than ever IMO. In the 1980's both teams would hit each other aggressively, neutralizing any advantage it may gain. With 3 elite hitters on our team, it sets us apart from many teams.

Vegas seems to have finally figured out that every game is a near coin flip/unpredictable, and finally stopped with crazy odds. Bummer. In the past a team down 0-2 would be +170.

Series thread locked. heh.

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
If we lose, ban her for life:)

I prefer the backup tender approach. Just because Jen won her first start, it doesn't mean we HAD to start her next game. Too late now ha. We push our luck sometimes. Is she a good road GDT author, can she win in hostile territory? There is nothing wrong with sitting idle on a career 1-0 record waiting for a tap on the shoulder. A game 6->7, yeah sure.

Unless we have a game 7 ace in the hole ringer. Anyone that picks up an L should be banned.

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think we can all sit back and laugh at this point at the Holtby embellishment spin. The predictable ending, a guy scores on him 5 hole as he finished his 360.

If Orpik leads us to another cup, he may be approaching legend status. We were a stacked team that couldn't even get close without him. Who are the widely accepted top DD men in playoff history... Charlie Huddy, Dave Langevin... playoffs awards remain focused on scoring or tending but in the softass modern NHL, hitting and shot blocking are more prominent than ever IMO. In the 1980's both teams would hit each other aggressively, neutralizing any advantage it may gain. With 3 elite hitters on our team, it sets us apart from many teams.

Vegas seems to have finally figured out that every game is a near coin flip/unpredictable, and finally stopped with crazy odds. Bummer. In the past a team down 0-2 would be +170.

Series thread locked. heh.

Pronger. Stevens. They had offensive games but still. The Caps wanted Orpik. They didn't want a player as good or even better than Orpik. They wanted Orpik

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Hope you are feeling well enough to go to the game @txpd !

You were good luck last time a few weeks ago!

This goes to all Raleigh/Carolina area Capitals fans. I know there is a lot of you. We need you guys! Stand up to the storm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->