Post-Game Talk: [GM 29] Canucks defeat Flames | 4-3 (SO) | Horvat, Garland, Dries, (Kuzmenko)

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Dries gets by on the fact that team is centre deficienct. Hog/Pod are in a veteran winger heavy team.
Fair point. This team is going to be hilarious down the middle once Bo gets moved since we all know Miller is much better as a winger.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Don't we have a 30 goal, 75 point JT Miller.

Isn't that pretty good?

The question is whether our goalies are going to be better than AHL level players (including Demko 0.883 sv%)...if we don't get goaltending at a 0.910 save% we're screwed.
6EAF9E59-B256-415F-81E9-C2053100C06B.thumb.jpeg.2d1af5d7dda87c786ccab318c982f02d.jpeg

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Canucks win 5-4 in OT.

The team was bag-skated, so their effort will be solid for exactly 1 game. Then, if they don't receive another bag skate during their 2 days off, expect an ugly beatdown from the Jets... probably 6-1.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Not sure how or why Hoglander is the extra at practice today. Bruce is a dinosaur.

At least Burroughs looks to be in lol

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I thought the Garland-Dries-Boeser experiment was over. I think Bruce has a soft spot for Dries. He seems much more lenient with him compared to guys like Hog/Pod

It should be, this line sucks. I actually don't even mind the lines other than this one. I think it's just Bruce throwing junk together since he doesn't have other options.

Reactions: Nucker101

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
It should be, this line sucks. I actually don't even mind the lines other than this one. I think it's just Bruce throwing junk together since he doesn't have other options.
It's basically the leftovers 4th line

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
IMHO Burroughs has been just as bad defensively...
After a brutal outing against the Capitals,Burroughs lost his spot in the lineup..

But let’s just hyper focus all of our attention on Stillman…(one of the lowest paid..if not the lowest)…He must be the primary reason the team is underachieving.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I still think a lot of the disappointment and resentment about this team is due to unrealistic expectations.

This team just isn't that good. Just because every summer management acts like we're a contender with their transactions and every October fans expect a world beater it doesn't mean we actually are a good team. The entire defense sans Hughes and maybe Bear needs to be replaced.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Not sure how or why Hoglander is the extra at practice today. Bruce is a dinosaur.

At least Burroughs looks to be in lol
It's just a reflex for Boudreau. If anything goes wrong, bench Hoglander.

Miller makes another terrible turnover? Hogs, get to the press box!

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005

Hogs has also been appalling with puck management in his own zone.

Last game we had a long long shift in our own end. Finally after much work from his teammates the puck is given to Hogs and he carries it near the red line, he absolutely needs to dump it in. Instead, he tries a high risk no reward no look backhand pass to a teammate. The puck isn't deep, we don't get the change we need, prolonged play in our end.

I'm seeing plays like this every game from him. He is so untrustworthy with the puck in our end and transition, and he doesn't play the game based on the situation (i.e. you handle the puck differently in the offensive zone if you're up 2-1 with 10 mins left versus down with 10 mins left).

He has unteachable puck retrievals, forecheck, and dexterity so I'm not suggesting he be traded. But I wouldn't object to a 2 week conditioning stint.

Reactions: Zippgunn

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

Last game we had a long long shift in our own end. Finally after much work from his teammates the puck is given to Hogs and he carries it near the red line, he absolutely needs to dump it in. Instead, he tries a high risk no reward no look backhand pass to a teammate. The puck isn't deep, we don't get the change we need, prolonged play in our end.

I'm seeing plays like this every game from him. He is so untrustworthy with the puck in our end and transition, and he doesn't play the game based on the situation (i.e. you handle the puck differently in the offensive zone if you're up 2-1 with 10 mins left versus down with 10 mins left).

He has unteachable puck retrievals, forecheck, and dexterity so I'm not suggesting he be traded. But I wouldn't object to a 2 week conditioning stint.
I know no team bats 100 but the fact that the Canes were rumoured to be interested in him should say something.

He brings that relentless puck pursuit that this team lacks and teams like Carolina have a surplus of.

I think he needs to be playing a consistent role to develop properly, if Bruce isn’t comfortable with that then I’d just send him to the AHL I guess. Or ideally find some taker for Boeser to free up some winger minutes.

Reactions: bossram

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008

He’s got a great mentor.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Yet another report comes out about the awful dressing room culture.

At this point, I'm convinced there are major issues and have been for months. You don't smell this much smoke without pulling the fire alarm.

This organization is a colossal, all-encompassing dumpster fire that should be openly mocked by fans of other teams.

kug8015c5s5a1.jpg

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I know no team bats 100 but the fact that the Canes were rumoured to be interested in him should say something.

He brings that relentless puck pursuit that this team lacks and teams like Carolina have a surplus of.

I think he needs to be playing a consistent role to develop properly, if Bruce isn’t comfortable with that then I’d just send him to the AHL I guess. Or ideally find some taker for Boeser to free up some winger minutes.
Like I said, I don't want to trade him. I kind of agree he should go to the minors to work on his game.

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver

At this point, I'm convinced there are major issues and have been for months. You don't smell this much smoke without pulling the fire alarm.

This organization is a colossal, all-encompassing dumpster fire that should be openly mocked by fans of other teams.

kug8015c5s5a1.jpg
Its easy to see even from an outside view that the team is full of arrogant SOBs that act like perrenial playoff contenders. Toxic culture and they haven't even earned the right to act like it.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Toxic culture room ya say? A bunch of high priced players not living up to the contracts they were given, country club atmosphere, etc.

Egos up the asses

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
From top to bottom, this is an organization in disarray. It starts with ownership; continues through the front office; and on to the ice where far too much money and term have been committed to players who are either in serious decline, or weren't good enough to begin with.

From all reports, Horvat, Schenn and Boeser are the highest quality, character guys in the dressing-room. So it's hardly surprising that all of them are likely to being playing elsewhere by the TDL or next season.

And they're the lucky ones. They leave behind the fans who are either completely frustrated or becoming apathetic about the future of this toxic franchise.

Reactions: canucksfan

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

kug8015c5s5a1.jpg
Obviously points the fingers to EP,Hughes and Miller being the villains.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

kug8015c5s5a1.jpg
Maybe it’s just me but I read this as Farhan talking from a media perspective. A lot of guys on this team aren’t great with the media or just don’t speak English well enough to give thoughtful answers.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Since we lost last game I desperately want to tank but since I am a man with little to no conviction if we happen to win against Calgary I am back on the playoff train

Let’s do this

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
After a brutal outing against the Capitals,Burroughs lost his spot in the lineup..

But let’s just hyper focus all of our attention on Stillman…(one of the lowest paid..if not the lowest)…He must be the primary reason the team is underachieving.

LOL.

So Burroughs is bad for a game and loses his spot. Stillman has been bad pretty much every game, like costing the team wins bad, and keeps his spot.

• Love
Reactions: geebaan

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Its easy to see even from an outside view that the team is full of arrogant SOBs that act like perrenial playoff contenders. Toxic culture and they haven't even earned the right to act like it.
It’s not the players. It’s ownership.

Reactions: Zippgunn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad