GDT: GM 28 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Carolina Hurricanes | Dec 9 | 7:00PM PST | CBC/SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Rod must have said something during the intermission. This is Canes hockey - high pressure and high volume of low quality shot attempts.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Yeah. I can see that. If you can find the work and afford to make it happen, it'd be pretty crazy to be able to grow up there. Though you know you're just spoiling your kids for life, right? :laugh: They're gonna have to grow up and move away and be like, "wtf is this, the world outside sucks". lol.

Great memories of spending pretty much every summer holiday in the Kootenays as a kid. Can't even imagine just...living there all the time. Doubt the novelty would wear off, but i wonder. Always still try to make it there as often as i can. Have family and friends throughout the Kootenays and Okanagan. Most of them have migrated to the parts i don't like as much though. Ugh.

But yeah, just not really where i'm at in life. For what i do and what i want to do, it's just not the right fit right now. Even if i look at it kind of longingly sometimes, buying a bunch of cheap acres in the middle of nowhere and becoming a hermit lol. But heck, there's something so energizing about dense urban environments. Just clearly not for everyone. Certainly not the way i grew up.

It's all beautiful throughout B.C., you just need to find your jam. The Kootenays are gorgeous but it's like going back in time up there. Very rustic and laid back. Spent a week up there this summer checking things out it's very nice.

Most of our friends still live on the coast so I bring the kids down a few times in the year. They dont like the city at all anymore lol.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Still can't believe Carolina has won a cup before the Canucks. Their Stanley Cup parade was sad.

That is still one of the great hilarious Stanley Cup Final matchups out there.

Small market that doesn't give a f***. vs Small market that is insane and bases their entire identity on it.

And the funniest possible outcome for that.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
I think I'm going to have to pull out my lucky grouse to finish this game off

giphy.gif

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Still can't believe Carolina has won a cup before the Canucks. Their Stanley Cup parade was sad.

The Canucks fumbled the bag in the 05-06 season, top 6 drama, bottom 6 issues, defence was bad plus the goaltending which was the elephant in the room before the seasons started.

Trade deadline was horrible, our supposed 'reinforcements' were all trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad