Post-Game Talk: [GM 26] Vancouver Canucks defeat Montreal Canadiens | 7-6 | Garland, Mikheyev(2), Horvat, Studnicka, Kuzmenko, & Pettersson

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
Had Martin, pettersson and Kuzmenko in my fantasy pool last night. Checked when we were down 4-0 and they were a combined minus 6 in fantasy points at that point I think.

Almost deleted my whole damn team in disgust.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Had Martin, pettersson and Kuzmenko in my fantasy pool last night. Checked when we were down 4-0 and they were a combined minus 6 in fantasy points at that point I think.

Almost deleted my whole damn team in disgust.
Icing on the cake was that goof Matheson looking like **** as EP went by him.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Last time I saw hockey like that was at Columbia 8 rinks.

Pond hockey at it's finest.

Hey they won, a good night but not indicating anything really.

They now have 101 goals against, the best team in the league has 53 goals against. Two different leagues? Three tiers?

I figured it was over at 4 - 0, goalie chased and they had never come back the last 25 years.

But not horribly surprising considering Montreal is in year one of a rebuild, no it was surprising because this group had never shown that kind of resilience this year.

Pick how this game is described, a great comeback, goals by the bushel basket, forget defence all out at all costs scoring.

Entertaining night against another bottom third team. In OT again. Close. Too close.

Once the thought of defence was tossed out they just outscored a very young rebuilding traveling team, barely.

They won, feel good for that, but the holes exposed and on display.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
Pettersson on that Mackinnon trajectory. He's going to challenge for points leader next year.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Who knows which team is going to show up in the first period of Wednesday's game at the Shark Tank? Will it be the Canucks in 'Period 1' last night, or the third period team? It's anybody's guess.

But the Canucks are 7-3 in their last 10 games. Some of those games have been downright ugly, like last night. But I guess it beats the alternative.

Still, this rag-tag defensive team playing in front to two journeymen goaltenders, can't end well, Can it?

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
next game will determine if this game was the TSN turning point of the season. Coming down from a 4-0 deficit to win the game in overtime is a character win.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
next game will determine if this game was the TSN turning point of the season. Coming down from a 4-0 deficit to win the game in overtime is a character win.

Next game is against a trash Sharks team. The road trip and the month of January will determine that.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015

This team just can’t do one or the other. Last season they couldn’t put the puck in the net but they could keep it out of theirs. This season they can put the puck in the net but can’t keep it out of theirs .

Reactions: Breakers

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
I see this game as 2 bottom feeders seeing an opportunity to grab a W tonight and going for it. Reminds me of the Ducks game earlier this year.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022

This team just can’t do one or the other. Last season they couldn’t put the puck in the net but they could keep it out of theirs. This season they can put the puck in the net but can’t keep it out of theirs .

It doesn't help with the atrocious goaltending Canucks have had this season. If Demko could just even play 70% of how he played last season then this team would be in a playoff position.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad