Post-Game Talk: [GM 26] Vancouver Canucks defeat Montreal Canadiens | 7-6 | Garland, Mikheyev(2), Horvat, Studnicka, Kuzmenko, & Pettersson

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Is it just me or does it drive others crazy when so called professionals call him “Buce Budreau”

Reactions: Indiana

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
In all seriousness anyone that has coached hockey at any level will see 3 huge issues.

all good skaters today are now employing linear crossovers to pick up speed in the neutral zone and once they do they are entering the zone purposely in the middle and dishing to the outsides. It’s called an “inside to outside track” and we simply don’t defend it. It allows the other 2 forwards to cross over and my god are we terrible at defending that zone entry.

our breakouts are terrible. We use the “out” or “reverse” breakout depending on who’s on the ice I’ve noticed. Maybe it’s done on purpose but you never hit forwards with speed so slower guys like JTM9, BB6, etc enter the zone and then button hook because the defensman can take away their lane. There’s no risk of getting beat outside. We literally never see them even attempt to beat outside because the defensman just stays on his inside edge and all they have is a chip in or button hook.

We don’t winger win face offs. Either we win clean or we lose them. Half the face offs are winger wins. We have actually gotten scored on 4 times this year that I remember based on a faceoff loss and a winger win / winger interference which they rarely call and boom in the back of the net.

Yes our roster sucks but there’s some small-ish tweaks that could help.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Vlad Krutov and Kyle Wellwood will always share the team title for most expandable
image.jpeg.f47b0f4e0625897c156b7c00085e14ec.jpeg

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Lolwhut?

I live in Asia so don’t catch games live during the week, I saw 4-1 score on my lunch break. Didn’t see this coming lol

Reactions: Indiana

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
We are barely beating the Arizonas and Montreals... Yikes... These have been the least confidence inducing two wins I can remember...

Kuzmenko being able to produce on the 3rd line is fantastic. His trade value should be sky high.
Elias Pettersson is really f***in good.
The wheels came flying off the Spencer Martin train... I expected it to happen but not this soon and not this spectacularly.
I'm really warming up to Studnika. The effort on that goal to break up the pass and then the patience and hands to score.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
The first was like go shovel snow lol
Omg.. saw a score update of 0-4 and decided to skip the game to MNF... Then watch some YouTube videos..

Then buddy messages a group on WhatsApp and says.. It's Not Over!! And posts a 4-4 scoreboard pic from the game... So boom.. go to the PVR and back to watch it all unravel for the Habs beginning near the end of the 2nd... And wow..

Couldn't imagine sitting thru all 61 mins.. the emotions, lol...
I had at least the luxury of seeing 0-4 and then checking out till 4-4...

Posted at 5-6 that it was so Canucks to come all the way back from 4-0 to take the lead just so they can say they blew another lead... But.. nope... Great entertainment!

2 points banked...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad