GDT: Gm 26: New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins | 11/29/13 | 1P ET | NBC, TSN |98.5 FM

NYR89

Jul 29, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
First time to TD Bank tomorrow. Any recommendations for food inside/outside the arena? Looking forward to a good showdown :yo:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
B's Thanksgiving

Happy Turkey Day!

After the B's grinded it out at practice, they were planning on heading home to relax and rest up for Friday's matinee.

"First Thanksgiving with my wife, so she's cooking dinner, and we're going to enjoy that and watch the Detroit Lions," said Michigan native Torey Krug, who had the chance to see friends and family in Detroit.

Don't expect him to be checking on the turkey, though. 'Are you going to help out cooking?' "No, not at all," the defenseman was quick to quip.

Fellow blueliner Matt Bartkowski was banking on a low-key day, and some help on the turkey from his girlfriend as well.

"I've got a buddy coming up from Pittsburgh and Jordy's coming over, so we'll have some food, and have some fun."

Getting to enjoy time with the team, and with their families today, some choose to merge the two.

Every year, Shawn Thornton and his wife play Thanksgiving hosts. Many of the B's may have grown up in Canada, but the 'Mayor of Charlestown' is about as Bostonian as it gets.

"My wife's cooking for everybody so I probably would have been doing errands around the house all morning, anyways," he laughed, of getting to come to the Garden for a practice.

"We have a bunch of the guys coming over, Soupy, Smitty, Dougie, Quaider, Looch, maybe Tuukka so a big feast, we've got some turkey and ham. Watch some football and get ready for tomorrow."

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
This made me laugh.

Mix and match lines-I would keep everything the same but do one of switch Yeti and Marchy or Louie and Iginla.

I hope Seidenmoose is back-the team IMO is missing him.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
That was the most hysterical thing I've read in my life. Do you guys do this every game? It seems like a lot of time and effort.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
whens the last time we won a black friday game?
seems like forever. was it against the isles in like 08?

i see a 2-1 game today. hopefully tuukka shines again.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The B's just have to play a better game today...right ?

I have a feeling they will come out flying.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That was the most hysterical thing I've read in my life. Do you guys do this every game? It seems like a lot of time and effort.

Something I have no patience for:laugh:

Our GDT makers are great, always provide us with some of, if not the best in the league...no bias here;)

You want bias? Todays score will be

Bruins 16, Rangers 1:sarcasm:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Our GDT makers are great, always provide us with some of, if not the best in the league...no bias here;)

Sounds good to me :)

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
The B's just have to play a better game today...right ?

I have a feeling they will come out flying.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

I certainly hope they don't play worse.

I expect this to be a tough game but I also think the Bs are going to look to play tether than they did on Wednesday. That game was an embarrassment and they won't want to repeat it.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto

Now you're just being silly. The Rangers aren't scoring today.:snide:

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island

I gots me a feeling that Torey is going to score this game.

In the future Krug will always look back -- whatever ultimately becomes of his career -- and remember that his NHL coming out party was scoring 4 goals in 5 games after being tossed into the fire in the EC semis against King Henrik Lundy!!!

He will never forget that... hell, I'LL never forget that :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad