Post-Series Talk: Florida Panthers defeat the Boston Bruins 4-2, advance to ECF

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Swayman was great without him this series was a sweep.
nope the 5-1 win in game one was not all swayman
Look , we all knew Panthers would win series.....I have 5 of them in my pool ( 4 stars and 2 oilers) I have no Bruins.
But the Bruins showed better than I thought they would. Good on them.
Low-rider looks like he's going to be a good one.
McAvoy is a wrecking ball that can keep both teams in the game.
Last year and this year Bruins have played 20 play off games.
Charlie McAvoy didn't suck in about 5 of them

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Before this gets flooded with Leafs and Canucks fans.

Good series Florida fans. Y’all have lots of reasonable and fun fans to chat with during the series and you have a good team.

That being said…

I hope these teams play again next year after the Bruins get a chance to spend some $$ up the middle and we kick your ass!
Right on . Ya know the Bs will be back. Most resilient team the lrague

Reactions: pearljamvs5

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Anyday Boston is eliminated is a good day.
And the leafs did that........in 1959.

Good series and the better team won.

Boston was impressive enough to get it to 6 games with positives emerging:

1. Swayman
2. Lohrei
3. Beecher
4. Brazeau

All getting valuable experience.

Now the Bruins actually need to get a 1st and 2nd line C this summer as I am shocked the 3 3rd line C and a 4th liner took them this far.
It is quite amazing.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Before this gets flooded with Leafs and Canucks fans.

Good series Florida fans. Y’all have lots of reasonable and fun fans to chat with during the series and you have a good team.

That being said…

I hope these teams play again next year after the Bruins get a chance to spend some $$ up the middle and we kick your ass!
It's always amusing how the most vocal and obnoxious fans tend to cheer for organizations with almost no success.

TooMuchMan

Sep 29, 2010
Deep Space Nine
Panthers were clearly the better team but if a few bounces/calls go different, this series could have been a Boston win. Congrats to their fans... especially the ones who stuck through the dry years before the current crop. I'd love this to be a rivalry that continues going forward (Boston/Miami is arguably one of our top city-to-city rivalries with the Heat/Dolphins being longtime foes). Get yer jabs in now!

Swayman is a gem... fully deserves a $50+ mil contract this offseason.

Aside from a few periods and stretches, Boston couldn't solve the Panthers' neutral-zone game and didn't put up enough sustained in-zone pressure when they did break the zone.

Fully expect the talk-show nonsense about Pasta to start again in minutes. When Marchand was out, he was the only Bruin forward with talent to match against any of the Panther's top 5 or 6 forwards. He's going to get locked down, it'd be stupid if the Panthers had let him play clean... and he still managed to create multiple solid chances each game. Didn't convert as often as he usually does, but he's still the guy.

Debrusk was one of the most consistent and productive Bruins throughout. I don't know if he'd want to re-sign. I don't know if the Bruins want to re-sign him... or if they have the bucks allocated to do so... but if I'm Sweeney, I try for sure to get it done.

I was working on a personal analysis of the Bruins' going forward (since I'm no longer writing/etc., for anyone but myself) and three points seem in deep conflict with each other:

I. The Bruins have too much talent to go for a total tear-down.
II. The Bruins have a few major holes that make definitive contention less likely.
III. The Bruins don't have the cap space and future assets to assuredly fill those holes.

Personally, I have some ideas... but they're all super risky and I hate them as much as I'd advocate for them. Boston is between like 4 dozen rocks and three score hard places.

As for the Cats:

1. I both admire them and detest them (which is good).
2. They're so deep.
3. I think they didn't play to their best level... but if they do, I think they're back in the Cup Final for sure.
4. If they get performances out of Bob like they got in games 5 and 6, they're very scary. I have honestly never been a big fan of his game but if he plays like an All-Star behind that group of skaters, I think the Cup will be making its first trip to Sunrise.

[Edited because of dumb Florida city name and the fact that I'm dumber.]

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Easily the most insufferable team in the league but it’s by design so well done to them I guess. They have a real good shot of taking down the Rangers but they need to limit the minutes Ekblad is playing, man is cooked
It's really sad.. he was bad almost every game

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
nope the 5-1 win in game one was not all swayman
Look , we all knew Panthers would win series.....I have 5 of them in my pool ( 4 stars and 2 oilers) I have no Bruins.
But the Bruins showed better than I thought they would. Good on them.
Low-rider looks like he's going to be a good one.
McAvoy is a wrecking ball that can keep both teams in the game.
Last year and this year Bruins have played 20 play off games.
Charlie McAvoy didn't suck in about 5 of them
They have a really good team structure as well, it's really annoying.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The better team won. All good. Hoping for a wildly different Boston team next year. This group was sorely lacking in the bad ass department.

Reactions: NyQuil

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
Whew. Got florida in some pools. And I got NYR too so I got my east coast stacks find and dandy. My western players are shaky. McDavid and gang might blow it. But I think tons of people have Oilers guys so might not be that bad. Need Dallas to finish off Avs as I got Dallas guys too.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Panthers were clearly the better team but if a few bounces/calls go different, this series could have been a Boston win. Congrats to their fans... especially the ones who stuck through the dry years before the current crop. I'd love this to be a rivalry that continues going forward (Boston/Miami is arguably one of our top city-to-city rivalries with the Heat/Dolphins being longtime foes). Get yer jabs in now!

Swayman is a gem... fully deserves a $50+ mil contract this offseason.

Aside from a few periods and stretches, Boston couldn't solve the Panthers' neutral-zone game and didn't put up enough sustained in-zone pressure when they did break the zone.

Fully expect the talk-show nonsense about Pasta to start again in minutes. When Marchand was out, he was the only Bruin forward with talent to match against any of the Panther's top 5 or 6 forwards. He's going to get locked down, it'd be stupid if the Panthers had let him play clean... and he still managed to create multiple solid chances each game. Didn't convert as often as he usually does, but he's still the guy.

Debrusk was one of the most consistent and productive Bruins throughout. I don't know if he'd want to re-sign. I don't know if the Bruins want to re-sign him... or if they have the bucks allocated to do so... but if I'm Sweeney, I try for sure to get it done.

I was working on a personal analysis of the Bruins' going forward (since I'm no longer writing/etc., for anyone but myself) and three points seem in deep conflict with each other:

I. The Bruins have too much talent to go for a total tear-down.
II. The Bruins have a few major holes that make definitive contention less likely.
III. The Bruins don't have the cap space and future assets to assuredly fill those holes.

Personally, I have some ideas... but they're all super risky and I hate them as much as I'd advocate for them. Boston is between like 4 dozen rocks and three score hard places.

As for the Cats:

1. I both admire them and detest them (which is good).
2. They're so deep.
3. I think they didn't play to their best level... but if they do, I think they're back in the Cup Final for sure.
4. If they get performances out of Bob like they got in games 5 and 6, they're very scary. I have honestly never been a big fan of his game but if he plays like an All-Star behind that group of skaters, I think the Cup will be making its first trip to Sunrise.

[Edited because of dumb Florida city name and the fact that I'm dumber.]
great post

Reactions: MaWa

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
While to to some NHL fans might not see FLA vs Boston as some great old NHL rivalry.

Boston and Florida hate each other in multiple sports. Phins vs Pats and Heat VS Celtics. This just adds to it.

It will be same for when we play the Rangers. While Panthers Rangers do not have a ton of history S.FLA and NY have a ton in other sports. Dolphins VS Jets and Heat vs Knicks. It will be intense between the fan bases.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
1716002335081.jpeg

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Holy shit people, stop saying it was a good series. It was a terrible series. Florida was on a different level than Boston and without Swayman standing in his head the whole series it would’nt have been close. Congrats Florida. Well deserved win.

When someone dies, you say nice things at their funeral. Even if they were a schmuck.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Good series but games 4 and 5 having tacky penalties just sours the mood. I feel like the Bruins giving up that crappy of a goal to lose the series is a nice way of balancing out how many weird fluke goals I saw Boston score this season. Panthers did everything right in Boston, and those games are incredibly important when their next venue is MSG, a cauldron that'll make a lot of teams afraid. Lets see what ya got, Florida

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Boston is a very tough out. Difference between the leafs and Florida is Florida scores goals when they need to.

Reactions: MaWa

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
While to to some NHL fans might not see FLA vs Boston as some great old NHL rivalry.

Boston and Florida hate each other in multiple sports. Phins vs Pats and Heat VS Celtics. This just adds to it.

It will be same for when we play the Rangers. While Panthers Rangers do not have a ton of history S.FLA and NY have a ton in other sports. Dolphins VS Jets and Heat vs Knicks. It will be intense between the fan bases.
Disagree.

I don’t hate the Panthers at all.

I prefer to be alone with my grief, but I appreciate the invite.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Yup the Leafs have the offense to challenge Florida.
You mean all that offense that was displayed in the Bruins series?

David Pastrnak is the Bruins best forward but I can’t really say he had a game where I was like “He’s the best player out there” - I just don’t think you can win with a guy like that.

When the game gets tough, physical and nasty he crumbles.
:facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad