Pre-Game Talk: GM 25: Vancouver Canucks @ Columbus Blue Jackets - March 12 - 4:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Kassian intentionally tries to hit Umberger three times and finally connects on the third try. This starts a bench clearing brawl which leads to a baseball game breaking out. Canucks lose the game in the top of the 8th. Luon9o doesn't get a shut-out.
After the game Kassian is traded to Buffalo for Hodgson.

I could go for this, as long as the bench clearing brawl happens. :laugh:

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
AV pisses me off more and more every day.

"Let's put our rookie in a position to fail while giving him almost no minutes, and then when he's sent down we'll give Ebbett great wingers! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!" - AV

Good thing AV makes players earn their icetime. Yet another example! :sarcasm:

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
The more I think about this game, I get the feeling that Luongo might turn in a dominant performance.

This seems like the perfect situation for him to thrive. No real pressure, and at this point he would likely win his starters job back with a couple of solid games.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We end up on the powerplay the whole game, after Alberts is put on the top pairing, and someone reacts to his hit on Dorsett and....I don't know, mildly trips him, clearly by accident. AV pays off the refs to give us that time on the PP, having full faith in Newell Brown and Rick Bowness. He is mistaken.

Canucks still lose 6-0, all short handed goals, and the Canucks fail to hit the net once, on it's 57 minute PP.

We lose so bad Columbus steals one of our previous wins.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
We end up on the powerplay the whole game, after Alberts is put on the top pairing, and someone reacts to his hit on Dorsett and....I don't know, mildly trips him, clearly by accident. AV pays off the refs to give us that time on the PP, having full faith in Newell Brown and Rick Bowness. He is mistaken.

Canucks still lose 6-0, all short handed goals, and the Canucks fail to hit the net once, on it's 57 minute PP.

The last sentence got me - well played.

I legitimately do not know what to expect tomorrow. I hope for a good effort, but I've been saying that for a while.

Steve Bennett*

So without 4 minute 4th liner Shroeder on the first unit pp what does AV do to mess up the pp in this one? Reward Lapierre's poor play by playing the point with Edler? :huh:

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
The last sentence got me - well played.

I legitimately do not know what to expect tomorrow. I hope for a good effort, but I've been saying that for a while.

I kid, I'm not that pessimistic, but I am getting frustrated with our lack of offense on the PP. The Sedins alone should be seating us in the top %. There is no way Kesler and Juice being out should affect this team as badly as it has.

So without 4 minute 4th liner Shroeder on the first unit pp what does AV do to mess up the pp in this one? Reward Lapierre's poor play by playing the point with Edler? :huh:

Mark my words, we will have a guest appearance from Aaron Rome as our 2nd PP center. If not, Ebbett playing 35 minutes.

This has nothing to do with Schroeder...I'd rather have him in the AHL then playing 4 minutes a night...I think you misjudged my basis for this comment.

ruiner

Feb 20, 2013
Its probably time to give the Dutch Gretzky some time on the 1st PP. I say it as a joke but seriously, how could you make our PP any worse at this point?

Steve Bennett*

Mark my words, we will have a guest appearance from Aaron Rome as our 2nd PP center. If not, Ebbett playing 35 minutes.

This has nothing to do with Schroeder...I'd rather have him in the AHL then playing 4 minutes a night...I think you misjudged my basis for this comment.

No I didn't at all, and I was joining in on the snarkiness towards the coach. I agree with you on Schroeder and the best thing for him right now is playing in a different role than on the 4th line - and that means the AHL so be it. I think AV has lost his mind since Rome was not brought back and his unconscious punishment of Gillis is to coach worse than ever before! If that's not the reason then what is it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad