Pre-Game Talk: GM 25: Vancouver Canucks @ Columbus Blue Jackets - March 12 - 4:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Vancouver Canucks @ Columbus Blue Jackets

Canucks' Record: 11-7-6 @ Jackets' Record: 10-12-4

WHEN: Tuesday, March 12th, 4:00PM PST
WHERE: Nationwide Arena, Columbus, OH
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: TEAM 1040

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup: (unconfirmed)
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Raymond - Hansen
Booth - Lapierre - Kassian
Weise - Ebbett - Sestito

Hamhuis - Tanev
Edler - Garrison
Alberts - Ballard

Luongo

Columbus Blue Jackets' Lineup:
To Be Posted.

Game Notes:
- G Roberto Luongo will start for Vancouver.
- The Canucks re-assigned F Jordan Schroeder to the Chicago Wolves of the AHL. F Andrew Ebbett has been recalled in his place.

The Last Meeting:

Jacket Killers:
Chris Higgins - 10GP, 3G, 8A, 11Pts
Henrik Sedin - 44GP, 9G, 29A, 38Pts
David Booth - 7GP, 4G, 1A, 5Pts

Canuck Killers:
RJ Umberger - 19GP, 6G, 3A, 9Pts
Jack Johnson - 22GP, 3G, 8A, 11Pts
Ryan Johansen - 4GP, 0G, 2A, 2Pts

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Is Luongo confirmed as the starter? Never thought I'd say this but this game against Columbus is huge. They're the hottest team in the league over the past 5 games. Wow.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
This isn't going to be an easy game by any means. They've beaten DETx2 and us on their winning streak. They've also been within one goal of CHI twice (once in OT) and STL once.

Let's pray we get Mason. Unless we make him look like an all-star again.

Seriously, time to put the big boy pants on.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Well at least they aren't rushing him back. I suppose he rushed back too quickly the last time he played? Or did something happen to re-aggravate that injury?

I fail to see what another 4th line grinding WINGER is going to do for us.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Is Luongo confirmed as the starter? Never thought I'd say this but this game against Columbus is huge. They're the hottest team in the league over the past 5 games. Wow.

Yes, Luongo is confirmed.

Big game - the Canucks can't afford to sleepwalk in this one as evidenced by our last outting against these guys. They beat you with their lunch pails and hard hats. Canucks need to match that.

They should feel humiliated after coming into a building with several days off, against a team that played the night before, and getting outworked, outskated and outhustled in just about every facet of the game in Minnesota. Hopefully they show some pride with a good effort.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Well at least they aren't rushing him back. I suppose he rushed back too quickly the last time he played? Or did something happen to re-aggravate that injury?

I don't think he is confirmed 100% not playing, but I think an extra few days off to be sure is the right thing to do, here a quote from him

@VanCanucks:

Bieksa: "Felt great to skate in a full practice today. We'll see how I feel tomorrow on game day."

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
If Steve Pinizotto is the answer... I seriously fear the question.

none of these minor moves (Ebbet recall and Pinner as well) are going to solve our problems, but they aren't expected to, they are decent small moves and should not be evaluated with the expectation of turning this team around

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Schroeder's scratched for Ebbett? Not that Schroeder has played great but ugh... Ebbett in the lineup scares me. You just know he'll end up on the second.

Schroeder has been sent down to the AHL, probably better for him to be there with Jensen then playing on the fourth line here

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
I will be betting all my vCash on Vancouver this game. I don't see how we can possibly lose to Columbus twice in the span of a week.

I didn't see how Detroit could possibly lose to Columbus twice in the span of a week.

Canucks are struggling hard right, I wouldn't be surprised if Columbus takes this game, especially with them being the home team. Hopefully things can get turned around but I'm not exactly optimistic.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Schroeder's scratched for Ebbett? Not that Schroeder has played great but ugh... Ebbett in the lineup scares me. You just know he'll end up on the second.

Well, he (Malhotra, technically, but Manny was taking Ebbett's place for now) was on a line with Raymond and Hansen in practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad