Pre-Game Talk: GM 25: Vancouver Canucks @ Columbus Blue Jackets - March 12 - 4:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Well, he (Malhotra, technically, but Manny was taking Ebbett's place for now) was on a line with Raymond and Hansen in practice.

Haha, no way. Ebbett comes up and gets the choice wingers?

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Schroeder isn't just scratched - he's been re-assigned to Chicago.

Really? :facepalm:

Although, maybe that is good for him - what with how AV likes to use him.

Well, he (Malhotra, technically, but Manny was taking Ebbett's place for now) was on a line with Raymond and Hansen in practice.

SIMON.gif

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
:laugh:

Pretty much sums up my thoughts of this whole Ebbett thing.

Yup, me as well.

I'm not even all that opposed to sending him down for more seasoning - but the fact that he got saddled with Weise and Sestito for wingers, whereas Ebbett comes waltzing back in and gets to ride with Raymond and Hansen...

You talk about putting players in situations to succeed. And I understand the PP time, and the fact that he didn't score any goals/assists in that situation, but look at the other members of the PP crew - just how many of them scored?

I'd better stop before I hijack the thread. Frustrating.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
I don't know if it's funny or sad that in a time when Vigneault is probably feeling like his job might be on the line that his big answer is Ebbett on the 2nd line.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Yup, me as well.

I'm not even all that opposed to sending him down for more seasoning - but the fact that he got saddled with Weise and Sestito for wingers, whereas Ebbett comes waltzing back in and gets to ride with Raymond and Hansen...

You talk about putting players in situations to succeed. And I understand the PP time, and the fact that he didn't score any goals/assists in that situation, but look at the other members of the PP crew - just how many of them scored?

What's worse is that Raymond and Hansen are playing with a better player today in practice than they will in tomorrow's game. I think Manny despite his eye condition is still a more effective player out there than Ebbett.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Yup, me as well.

this is the biggest thing that annoys me about the situation

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Must win this game, Vigneault's job should be on the line. Two losses to CBJ in a week is not acceptable.

Shouldn't it be a must lose then? :dunno:

this is the biggest thing that annoys me about the situation

me too. AV, I hope this is the last game I ever see you behind that Canucks bench. Maybe I'll send you some gum in a care package with a signed keith ballard picture wearing the A.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
What's worse is that Raymond and Hansen are playing with a better player today in practice than they will in tomorrow's game. I think Manny despite his eye condition is still a more effective player out there than Ebbett.

I really do feel for Ebbett - it's not his fault. But I think this is just a boneheaded decision. Again, not because Schroeder's being sent back down, but because of the linemates each one is/was being given.

Outside99*

This makes sense - Ebbett has produced at this level and usually makes smart plays offensively.

Next move hopefully is Burr centering Higgins and Booth with Lapierre back to the 4th line.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I really do feel for Ebbett - it's not his fault. But I think this is just a boneheaded decision. Again, not because Schroeder's being sent back down, but because of the linemates each one is/was being given.

It's the same scenario Schroeder was placed in, just in reverse. Instead of being given scrub linemates, Ebbett is getting guys significantly above his play level. Both cases are putting the guys in a position where they cannot hope to succeed.

LolClarkson*

i don't even think ruff is the answer, but still: L O S E 4 L I N D Y

I'm not watching the game. And Gillis will do the usual thing and buy some time by firing the coach.

Aquilini supported Dave Nonis until the day he was fired. I hope he does the same with Gillis.

It's too late for Lindy, Grabner and Hodgson are already gone.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Did somebody seriously say schroader has played "great".

he has been bad, and that's being generous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad