Post-Game Talk: [GM 2] Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers | 2-3 (Burroughs, Garland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Not sure why Dakota Joshua got hyped up. He looked rather unspectacular as a 4th liner in the games I've watched.

Joshua isn't tough, and the Canucks lacked puck-moving vs EDM.

Fine, then play a different forward over him. Going 11/7 willingly two games into the season accomplishes nothing except making it overly complicated for both players/coaches.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I don't have any kids myself but my buddy has twin 5 year old girls, and gummy melatonin has a big presence in their house.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
I am itching to watch some C
Having 2 kids suck. 10 years ago I would be starting my routine of dinner and beer at 6:30pm. Now it's a milk bottle and a book and hoping to god they fall asleep before game time. At least for tomorrow the only thing I have to watch is my mouth. I miss being able to swear at my TV screen though.

sleep training your kids will save your life. I had my kids all on a strict routine, lights out by 7pm and don't wake up until 7am-8am the next day. Kids need 12 hours of sleep a night and the best quality of sleep for them is ~6-7pm.

Training takes about 2 weeks but it will pay in dividends for the rest of your life. Take an edible or a drink every evening afterwards and enjoy the free time. It also gives you plenty of space between you and your kids that you start missing them even more.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Ronnie Attard was just sent down. He was a healthy scratch for their first game. Was hoping he would draw in. He's someone I'd be very interested in targeting. Another piece in a hypothetical Horvat trade would be Scott Laughton. I think he was playing LW to start this season but he's been a C for a very long time. He's at least playing so that's someone I'll be watching closely.

Last edited:
Reactions: andora and Lindgren

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Fine, then play a different forward over him. Going 11/7 willingly two games into the season accomplishes nothing except making it overly complicated for both players/coaches.
I prefer 11/7 to 12/6 tbh. Especially with the Canucks center depth. Gives flexibility if guys get hurt/penalized.

Lots of good teams do it with regularity. Oilers, Lightning, etc. League will eventually transition to that IMO.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I prefer 11/7 to 12/6 tbh. Especially with the Canucks center depth. Gives flexibility if guys get hurt/penalized.

Lots of good teams do it with regularity. Oilers, Lightning, etc. League will eventually transition to that IMO.

More often in the playoffs when you are shortening your bench or there are injuries, sure. Game 2 with everyone healthy and with no real purpose? Doesn't make sense to me. If you want to get Rathbone in the lineup then I'd rather just go OEL/Hughes, Rathbone/Schenn, Stillman/Burroughs and scratch Poolman.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Putting Mikheyev with two skill players like that is the type of way you start not enjoying Mikheyev for what he is good at.

I like the idea of putting Mikheyev with Pearson and Miller, and then moving Boeser to Kuz/EP's line. Gives them more speed and then you have two fairly good shooters in Pearson/Miller with Mikheyev being the deep retrievals guy.

Podkolzin showed reallllly well as a playmaker. Bo had a lot of chances in the first game in the center of the ice, and Garland can also drive offense at ES.

I actually think Hoglander out for Joshua in this game is a good idea considering you're going against Torts and what people said about their style of play in game one.

However, if Joshua shows nothing again physically and his line is hemmed continuously like it was with him the other day, he should probably be sent down to get some pace back into his game before he plays again - because if he isn't showing up in a season opener and a matchup built for him, I don't really see when someone like that is going to get going.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
2 day breaks to start off the season no less.

I think the Canucks once faced the Bruins in a 7:30AM PST start on US Thanksgiving in 1999. That was totally ridiculous.

Mine are 1 and 3 so I got a long long way to go till I get peace.

Mine are 7 and 9, but it doesn't get any better. Piano/Soccer/Taekwondo/etc practices, and not to mention homework.

• Wow
Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I don’t understand why Hoglander is going to sit if / when Mik is back. I don’t buy in to the theory that if you’re a skilled player you have to play in top 6 or top 9. Why will he sit over a “checker” or “tough guy” on the 4th line. Does Joshua scare anyone? Nope. Is Aman going to help our PK? Nope. Did Lazar shut down oilers top guys? Nope.

So what’s the point ? It’s not like we have a 4th line with purpose that’s effective at at least one specific thing. So if that’s the case, just dress your most skilled 12 forwards.

It reminds me when team Canada left Sid on the taxi squad in his rookie year in favour of bringing Kris Draper and other guys that were better “checkers”.

Reactions: Peen and mriswith

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks certainly came out with a good start last game (which was a problem last season)...I like the fact that they are on the road here, and can iron out the holes in their game...Special teams cost them last game.

Reactions: lousy and Lindgren

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Having 2 kids suck. 10 years ago I would be starting my routine of dinner and beer at 6:30pm. Now it's a milk bottle and a book and hoping to god they fall asleep before game time. At least for tomorrow the only thing I have to watch is my mouth. I miss being able to swear at my TV screen though.

My kids have been more fluent in profanity than I am since they could talk. :laugh:

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Sweet. One of two games I can watch this year without getting up at 0100/0400. The other is vs Winnipeg in January.

Too bad I already made alternate plans tomorrow night. I have imported the Turkey Trot to the Netherlands. Well, maybe I'll catch the third.

Reactions: Grantham

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Podz should be stapled to Pettersson.
1665773142656.png

Reactions: mriswith

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Mine are 7 and 9, but it doesn't get any better. Piano/Soccer/Taekwondo/etc practices, and not to mention homework.
Mine are 31 and 33. hardly any trouble at all. I found2 things.

having 2 kids is 3 or 4 times tougher than having one. My wife would say I will take one with me shopping but not both.

The kids got easier to deal with as they got older. Until they were about 13and then it was another whole different story. (My wife had the kids when we separated, the kids were 7 and 9 at the time).

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013

having 2 kids is 3 or 4 times tougher than having one. My wife would say I will take one with me shopping but not both.

The kids got easier to deal with as they got older. Until they were about 13and then it was another whole different story. (My wife had the kids when we separated, the kids were 7 and 9 at the time).
Me and my wife are out numbered and had to switch to a zone defence.

Jim Gaffigan has a bit.

Have 4 kids is like floating in the ocean trying not to drown and someone chucks you a baby.

I don’t have 4 though, I’m not a masochist

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
If the Flyers are gooning it up this year, this might not be the best game for Mikheyev's return from injury.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020

Not hockey related but

Keep them away from "nofriendo"

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Cousin has 4 boys and she runs her own business.

They moved to Smithers to literally just say “have at it. Dinner is at 6.” Have horses, atvs, lot.

Don’t know how she does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad