Post-Game Talk: GM 2: Flames def. Canucks - 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
About Petey, is it true that he grew another 2 inches and is now 6 foot 4? The Canuck website shows the exact same info for him as last year. If it's true, that may be affecting his timing/shooting. Just wondering.

I haven’t heard anything about him growing 2” just that he put on 15lbs over the summer.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Newell Brown is out to lunch.

Top pp unit needs to be loaded up..fuking Josh Leivo was a go to guy....brutal

Tanev wow that was bad. Worst game ive seen him play in awhile

Petey Boeser need to get going. Our top line is junk so far

Ice was terrible as was our passing.....better wake up

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Newell Brown is out to lunch.

Top pp unit needs to be loaded up..fuking Josh Leivo was a go to guy....brutal

Tanev wow that was bad. Worst game ive seen him play in awhile

Petey Boeser need to get going. Our top line is junk so far

Ice was terrible as was our passing.....better wake up

Hey, remember that fairy tale everyone was only gonna get better? Nobody even figured in a guy like Tanev in that kind of equation.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Holy crap Hughes is shifty.

A pass misses him and he turns around and is able to catch the puck before its out of the oZone.

Can we please stack all our talent on one PP and let those guys play it for 90% of the time? We do not have 2 units worth of offensive players.

People finally realizing Green is a garbage coach yet?

All it took was the team finally having some expectations or standards put on them

Im definitely starting to lose my patience for Green.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
TJ Miller is not worth a high first round pick. Not a chance.

I like JT Miller and think he’s a great fit for the top 6 but that 1st we gave up is a bit scary as if it’s a top 10 pick this year, it’ll likely be a high pick the following year.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
One of Mr aquilini's shortcomings that often gets overlooked is his seeming willingness to spend $4 million on fourth line checkers yet always cheaping out on his head coach. A stronger personality than Jimbo must one day drum into his head that good coaching is important.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
TJ Miller is not worth a high first round pick. Not a chance.
upload_2019-10-5_23-18-5.gif

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-5_23-17-38.gif
    upload_2019-10-5_23-17-38.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 1

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Since we're talking about coaching, anybody else keeping an eye on Buffalo's good start with Ralph Krueger now coaching? I know, it's way too early, but maybe Buffalo got fortunate here.

And with our home opener on Wednesday, we play the Kings who will have played in Calgary the night before. And......yeah!......... we'll finally get last change. There's always blue skies behind the clouds.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It's 'win or else' for Green this season. And based on some of the recent interview clips I've seen of him, the pressure is definitely building. There isn't a coach in recent NHL history who can survive three years out of the post-season. Even Willie's record wasn't that bad.

I have no idea how this season's additions Myers, Ferland and Miller will work out. So far it's been a mixed bag. But given Jimbo's dismal track record of UFA signings and trades, it pays to be skeptical until evidence surfaces to the contrary

What really worries me though is that just about every knowledgeable hockey insider is saying that 'as Petterson goes, so go the Canucks'. And that's the sad but true reality of the situation......this is an unreasonable amount of pressure to put on a 20-year old kid.

On just about every other team with young players, there'd be some veterans around capable of picking him up until he gets un-tracked. But when your 'veterans' are comprised of guys like Beagle, Schaller, Sutter and Eriksson, well they're not capable of picking anyone up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad