Hughes - Tanev
Benn - Stecher

Markstrom

Calgary Flames’ Starting Lineup:

To Be Posted

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
This will be a tough game with the flames coming of their season opener loss.
Canucks 4-3 in OT.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Hopefully Gaudette is in for Schaller or Eriksson and hopefully Green ripped into Sutter for his horrible play.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Watching the Avs-Flames game last night I was struck by how different it was watching two good teams vs two poor teams like the canucks opener.
If the Flames get any sort of goaltending I believe they win 5-2 (EN).

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Wonder if Gaudette draws in here. Likely candidate for him to sub in for is Virtanen, though it should be Eriksson, of course.

If Gaudette draws in it will be for Eriksson or Schaller. Virtanen had a solid game against Edmonton, led the team in hits and had a couple takeaways playing only 9 minutes.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Watching the Avs-Flames game last night I was struck by how different it was watching two good teams vs two poor teams like the canucks opener.
If the Flames get any sort of goaltending I believe they win 5-2 (EN).

That was such an entertaining game last night. I hope the Flames are a little pooped out for Saturday's game, and Petey takes it to them.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Over a thousand posts for that last game day thread! I'm impressed. It's been a while since this board has seen that kind of activity. I wonder how long it'll take to grow demoralized again.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Step one has already started:

Next will be Schaller when Roussel rejoins the team. People got upset about Baertschi getting sent down over Schaller/Eriksson but in the end it was about if you want Roussel or Baertschi.

Roussel is twice the player of Baertschi that can produce at the same offence clip plus he can PK and provide grit.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Eriksson as an 'extra d-man' with Fantenberg? Is it possible that Eriksson is a 'healthy scratch' after only one game? Benning's failure to deal with the Eriksson situation in the off-season is going to be a distraction until it gets resolved somehow.

You'd love to be a fly on the way listening to the Canucks hockey ops types this off-season doing their verbal gymnastics and rationalizations about the wisdom of bringing this guy back.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Next will be Schaller when Roussel rejoins the team. People got upset about Baertschi getting sent down over Schaller/Eriksson but in the end it was about if you want Roussel or Baertschi.

Roussel is twice the player of Baertschi that can produce at the same offence clip plus he can PK and provide grit.

Colour me impressively surprised that Eriksson is the guy subbing out.

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat

26.5% of our cap space taken up by our 4th line and healthy scratches/buyouts/buried/cap recapture. Ouch.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
26.5% of our cap space taken up by our 4th line and healthy scratches/buyouts/buried/cap recapture. Ouch.
Yep, in addition to Eriksson, they could bench or buy-out Beagle, Schaller and even Sutter, and replace them with Gaudette and a couple of Utica guys earning the league minimum and the team would actually be BETTER.

But I'm wondering. Is the fact that the six million dollar man is apparently being consigned to the press-box a sign that Green is finally showing some backbone and refusing to have the GM's back on the on-ice personnel decisions? It's an embarrassment to be sure. But the $16.5m in salaries for the bottom-six is on the GM not the coach.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

excellent

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013

Who cares? the current Canucks line-up is solid and those bad contracts will eventually flush out now that the top 6 is established. I don't foresee Canucks signing any more bottom six forwards to larger contracts moving forward. They needed it back then when their line-up was bare bones.

lmao that you're going to hold a grudge on Canucks because of cap structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad