Post-Game Talk: GM 2: Flames def. Canucks - 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
These millionaires don't live in the same neighborhoods as you or me. I'm sure there are quite nice affluent areas within reasonable driving distance (eg., regular driving to work distance) in Detroit.
I’ll take Vancouver and the rest of BC any day.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Ah youth, sometimes I feel so old being one of those unfortunate enough to have followed this team since game one. Of the 19 men who have been head coaches of this sorry franchise only NINE of them ever coached in the NHL again and three of those (Willie D, Harry Neale and Billy McCreary) didn't last even one more season before being consigned to the trash heap of hockey history. This town is NOT a place for career advancement as a hockey coach.

This is one of the worst posts I've ever seen here, and that's saying a lot.

Every coach we've had since 1991 has quickly received other opportunities elsewhere save for Rick Ley, who had a long career as an assistant after leaving here. Most have gone on to bigger and better things aside from Keenan who was a lunatic (but received 3 other jobs and was still coaching in the NHL a decade later) and Desjardins who is an incompetent moron.

But sure, the fact that Orland Kurtenbach and Phil Maloney didn't coach again after being fired in the 1970s means this city isn't a good place to coach. Jesus.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Respectfully disagree..why should a guy (Goldy) that cant produce, cannot retrieve the puck..is useless without the puck..be gifted top 6 minutes..?

Personally,I think guys on the roster right now are still trying to find chemistry with each other ...

Ferland,Pearson and Horvat is a bulldog line..I'm kind of stoked to see that one.

Think same thing other than power plays which looked good ànd bad coaching needs to change it up allow Hughes EP to be free and creative it's too predictable .
Agree new faces need time and they hadn't played badly get PP on track things get far better.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Is this market really that much more toxic than Montreal or Toronto? I seriously doubt it. Why can they attract good coaches but the Canucks can't?
Look at who Montreal hired as their headcoach and tell me that these guys somehow can't handle the toxicity. Claude Julien went from being absolutely hated by Montreal to being their head coach. How can Montreal attract their rivals ex-head coach but the Canucks can't attract anyone? Just doesn't add up.

You can't be serious. Those two teams are iconic franchises with THIRTY FOUR Cup champions between them and countless players in the HHOF; we have no Cups and only Bure is a hall of famer who played most of his hockey here. Our history is mostly one of shame and failure and it sure looks at this point that that isn't going to change anytime soon. High taxes, high cost of living, crummy wet weather a meddlesome owner and odious travel makes our city less desirable than most NHL cities. I know it's fashionable to blame everything on Benning here but this team is a really tough sell to anybody with other options.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
I’ll take Vancouver and the rest of BC any day.

Ah civic pride. Kinda warms the heart but it doesn't mean a thing to an ambitious guy from somewhere else who wants to advance his career in the hockey world. Becoming the coach of the Vancouver Canucks is like getting elected prime minister of Italy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad