Pre-Game Talk: GM 15: Vancouver Canucks @ Los Angeles Kings - Nov 8th - 7:00PM PST - CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
The Sharks victory was pretty satisfying, let's add another one tonight against another one of the California giants. Would probably like to see Lack go tonight to save Miller for what I perceive as the bigger of the two games, the showdown with the Ducks.

wholesickcrew

May 7, 2010
Toronto
Lol sedins with burrows is gonna be a mistake, dont mess with the 2nd line that has bonino on pace for 40 goals.

and yea horvat with vey and jensen is better than richardson or mathias dragging a line along with slow board play that results in nothing.

horvat hasnt had a bad shift and je se alrsady has played 20 nhl games.

rookie line yea geriatrics we need youth and energy to beat la, not a slow as hell burrows and matthias making horvat look bad. And jensen played last year why would u put him on the 4th

Sedins hansen
higgin bknino burrows 40 goal pace line
vey horvat jensen actually skilled players
matthias richardson dorsett

absolute no brainr lineup with kas and vrbata out

Burrows was just out for three games, and if you want to keep those small sample sizes going, Bonino was on pace for 50 goals without Burr...

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
Sedins hansen

Nothing like Hansen on the 1st line to proclaim "no brain" was used in the making of this line up.

hockey dude

Aug 26, 2011
Lol sedins with burrows is gonna be a mistake, dont mess with the 2nd line that has bonino on pace for 40 goals.

and yea horvat with vey and jensen is better than richardson or mathias dragging a line along with slow board play that results in nothing.

horvat hasnt had a bad shift and je se alrsady has played 20 nhl games.

rookie line yea geriatrics we need youth and energy to beat la, not a slow as hell burrows and matthias making horvat look bad. And jensen played last year why would u put him on the 4th

Sedins hansen

You do understand that hockey is played on both sides of the puck? When you say no brainer, you do realize that your so called skilled players on the third line against LA's third line may just get killed.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
we might actually have a chance in this one. Kings D is a bit of a mess right now and they have no cap space to call anyone up.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
You do understand that hockey is played on both sides of the puck? When you say no brainer, you do realize that your so called skilled players on the third line against LA's third line may just get killed.

3rd line wo t get killed any more than the sedins do you really think hank and danny arnt softer than horvat and jensen.

sedins have been terrible against good teams and theres no reason to think horvat wo t do fine him and jensen both have gotten their feet wet.

Sayi g something over and over doesnt make it true, tour bias against horvat

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Nothing like Hansen on the 1st line to proclaim "no brain" was used in the making of this line up.

Who whould u put there burrows had 5 goals last year, and is now actually getting it done with bonino.

So many people think we can revert to 2011 when burrows legit sucks now, so slow, he will get destroyed aginast top pairing defense.

hansen is he better pick here id like to hear your

reasons

reasons

reasons

especially when hansen did t work on the 2nd, and having 3 players as slow as the sedins and burrows is going to be a disastr against la and anaheim.

give the sedins someo e fast

Last edited:

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Who whould u put there burrows had 5 goals last year, and is now actually getting it done with bonino.

So many people think we can revert to 2011 when burrows legit sucks now, so slow, he will get destroyed aginast top pairing defense.

hansen is he better pick here id like to hear your

reasons

reasons

reasons

Yes, because the Sedins skate like Bure right?

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
While I'm not actually for Miller playing both games, I don't get why some people (not just you) are acting as though it's impossible. If it were, we'd see a lot more backups during the playoffs.

Remind me how many b2b games there are in the playoffs?

Of course it's not "impossible" to play Miller X games in a row, b2b, etc. It would just be stupid to do so, if our starter is 34 and we have a backup that we trust (and presumably we trust Lack, right?...a mere three months ago there were people who thought so highly of Lack that they didn't even want to sign Miller in the first place). Lack played 20 games in a row at the end of the season last year only because we didn't trust Markstrom at all. (It didn't turn out very well if I remember right.)

As someone else said, if you don't give Lack a game now, then when *do* you give him one? When Miller starts feeling the fatigue of playing every game and his performance starts to tail off? I have a better idea.... let's manage Miller's games and make sure that doesn't happen.

Last edited:

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
Remind me how many b2b games there are in the playoffs?

Also, the playoffs can be seen as the sprint to the finish. Teams rest their starters adequately during the regular season so they can go with one horse during the playoffs. Teams that don't likely don't make it very far.

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks 2m2 minutes ago

No Zack Kassian, all other #Canucks are on the ice.

hockey dude

Aug 26, 2011
3rd line wo t get killed any more than the sedins do you really think hank and danny arnt softer than horvat and jensen.

sedins have been terrible against good teams and theres no reason to think horvat wo t do fine him and jensen both have gotten their feet wet.

Sayi g something over and over doesnt make it true, tour bias against horvat

I have no bias toward Horvat. As a matter of fact him between Matthias and Kassian I am looking forward to. But you placing him between two light weight top six type rookies and expecting some sort of miracle especially against a big strong team like LA is nothing short of ludicrous. And certainly not how you build rookie confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad