Pre-Game Talk: GM 15: Vancouver Canucks @ Los Angeles Kings - Nov 8th - 7:00PM PST - CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
So long as the refs don't magically give the opponent a 7 minute 5 on 3 pp for scrums that happen after every whistle on this california road trip...I'll consider the officiating improved from last year.

That ref should have been fired after that game. The 7 minute major was bad enough but the full 5-on-3 5 minute major penalty should never have happened and is a huge injury risk for the defending players. Some really petty **** from that chump. The ref should have had to put on full gear and block 20 slapshots from the team's best shooters as punishment.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
If both Vrbata and Kassian are out I wouldn't mind trying something like:

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Jensen/Burrows
Higgins - Bonino - Burrows/Jensen
Matthais - Horvat - Hansen
Richardson - Vey - Dorsett

Gives Jensen an ideal situation 5 on 5 even if you limit his icetime and give Burrows some of that icetime later in the game. I like the chemistry the second line has may as well keep them together. Vey can work in a pinch on that line but I prefer in at centre. With 3 possible rookies in the lineup to keep them seperated the bottom 6 will have to be juggled a little, the only constant is Dorsett on the '4th'. I like Richardson with Vey to take any defensive zone faceoff if needed and the rest will fall into place as it may.

Question is does Jensen get Vrbata's spot on the powerplay or does Hansen's RHS get it. If Jensen is in I hope he gets PP time with Bonino giving Bones a trigger man.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
anyone see this?

"Hery Greenmen.....you were good"

"Thanks Juice!"

:laugh:

They have one win in their last 6 games...... Scoring less than 2 goals per game over that period......

To follow up we get the flu ridden ducks.

Enjoying the horseshoes schedule

I never underestimate the Kings. They've had the Nucks number for some time. Being without our 2nd top goal scorer puts the team at a disadvantage, despite the Kings not scoring as of late.

Yeah, I agree there's some horseshoe involvement, and I'm glad the team has some of it right now, but that could come to a quick end on Saturday. At the end of the day, it's just my opinion that Lack should start. I'll be rooting for him as much as Miller should whomever get the nod.

wholesickcrew

May 7, 2010
Toronto
"Hery Greenmen.....you were good"

"Thanks Juice!"

:laugh:

I never underestimate the Kings. They've had the Nucks number for some time. Being without our 2nd top goal scorer puts the team at a disadvantage, despite the Kings not scoring as of late.

Yeah, I agree there's some horseshoe involvement, and I'm glad the team has some of it right now, but that could come to a quick end on Saturday. At the end of the day, it's just my opinion that Lack should start. I'll be rooting for him as much as Miller should whomever get the nod.

Yeah, but Vey had two points in two games against us last year. They're screwed without him. :sarcasm:

HockeyHobo73

Oct 3, 2013
Daniel Sedin throws a monster open ice clean hit on Kesler, and puts #17 on the shelf for 2 months... Calling it now...

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Iain MacIntyre‏@imacVanSun·1 hr1 hour ago
May be out there already, but #Canucks RW Vrbata has a lower body injury after takeout along boards in SJ. Finished game.
0 replies11 retweets4 favorites ReplyRetweet11Favorite4More

Looks like we may see a game with both Jensen and Horvat dressed.

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
Then he's got 4 DAYS OFF... he can go get a massage, take a fatigue management class, hang out at the pool... no problem.

If Miller can play 3 tough road games in 4 nights without any impairment in his performance, why do we even have a backup? Let's just ride Miller for the rest of the year. :shakehead

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Just a thought here...the Kings are an experienced, veteran team with smart coaches...there might be some benefit in coming at them with less than the full line-up, get Jensen and Horvat and Lack in there, not show them our hand too early so to speak.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Looks like we may see a game with both Jensen and Horvat dressed.

Interesting. If Willie wants to keep lines consistent, then I'm guessing the following lineup:

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen
Higgins - Bonino - Burrows
Matthias - Richardson - Vey
Dorsett - Horvat - Hansen

Looking back on it, there are several ways this can play out... The LW and C spots are locked in my mind, it's just the RWs that are up in the air.

Edit: Maybe it'll be Burrows on the 1st, Vey on the 2nd, Jensen on the 3rd, and Hansen on the 4th. Oh, what do I know...

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I know it's not going to happen, but I'd like to see:

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen
Matthias - Horvat - Richardson
Dorsett - Vey - Hansen

Keep what works. Just put Jensen where Vrbata was and Horvat where Kassian was (gotta move Richardson over, though).

- Tanev - i was pissed at on the PP goal against... he had no business being that high chasing. Other than that, he had a sloppy game, not his best effort.. but a lot of that was the Sharks fault..

I agree it was one of his sloppier games (which isn't even a bad game for most D-men) but that PK goal was definitely not his fault, he wasn't even close to the breakdown lol.

He was on his right-side and the pass went to the left circle/slot. The goal was Higgins's fault because he blew the zone expecting the puck to get past the blue-line which left a gaping hole in the entire high left corner of the coverage once Richardson slid over.

Take a look for yourself. Starts @ 2:55... he attacks the point-man, misses and swings out and around the neutral zone.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Interesting. If Willie wants to keep lines consistent, then I'm guessing the following lineup:

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen
Matthias - Richardson - Vey
Dorsett - Horvat - Hansen

Looking back on it, there are several ways this can play out... The LW and C spots are locked in my mind, it's just the RWs that are up in the air.

Edit: Maybe it'll be Burrows on the 1st, Vey on the 2nd, Jensen on the 3rd, and Hansen on the 4th. Oh, what do I know...

I'd probably switch Vey and Hansen, if only because Matthias and Richardson are getting destroyed territorially and the Honey Badger should help mitigate that somewhat. Since Vey needs sheltering himself anyway you might as well place him with Horvat on the 4th line since it looks like they won't be using Bo in a tough minute role.

wholesickcrew

May 7, 2010
Toronto
If Miller can play 3 tough road games in 4 nights without any impairment in his performance, why do we even have a backup? Let's just ride Miller for the rest of the year. :shakehead

While I'm not actually for Miller playing both games, I don't get why some people (not just you) are acting as though it's impossible. If it were, we'd see a lot more backups during the playoffs.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
I just don't want to see Vey on the 3rd line again. That line's success has been below the goal line and Vey didn't fit in at all. Horvat, Hansen or Burrows all fit what that line has been doing much better. If Kassian and Vrbata are all out, I'd like :

Sedin -Sedin-Jensen
Higgins -Bonino-Vey
Matthias-Richardson-Burrows
Dorsett-Horvat-Hansen

Or go all in with an all rookie line:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Bonino - Dorsett
Matthias - Richardson - Hansen
Vey - Horvat - Jensen

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I know it's not going to happen, but I'd like to see:

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen
Matthias - Horvat - Richardson
Dorsett - Vey - Hansen

Keep what works. Just put Jensen where Vrbata was and Horvat where Kassian was (gotta move Richardson over, though).

I agree it was one of his sloppier games (which isn't even a bad game for most D-men) but that PK goal was definitely not his fault, he wasn't even close to the breakdown lol.

He was on his right-side and the pass went to the left circle/slot. The goal was Higgins's fault because he blew the zone expecting the puck to get past the blue-line which left a gaping hole in the entire high left corner of the coverage once Richardson slid over.

Take a look for yourself. Starts @ 2:55... he attacks the point-man,misses and swings out and around the neutral zone.
I'm confused at what you are describing... The play I'm talking about was the one where he needlessly chases Thornton up the boards leaving Edler vulnerable down low.

Because that's exactly what playing 3 in 4 equates to... Holy dramatic hyperbole, heh...

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
8473432.jpg

Of all the mugshots Dorsett is the only one looking through the viewer.

crazyforhockey

Jul 31, 2007
Very interesting with LA...possibly short staffed tomorrow

Regher left with an injury today (practice )
They don't have enough cap space to recall an ahl dman...so if he can't go they will only have 5 dmen for the game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad