Pre-Game Talk: GM 15: Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Blackhawks - Feb 19 - 5:30PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
We're going to likely have to go through Chicago in the playoffs. May as well get Schneider some more experience dealing with their shooters.

Meh, I don't think Lu is going anywhere this season. The only thing I think we'd trade him for this season is a legit top 6er. I don't think he'll get a legit top 6 that is an upgrade so we might as well wait until the offseason. We may not have the very best offensive players, but we quite a bit of depth this year. I guess we'll just have to see what this team is made of until the trade deadline. Either way, I'm excited. Also, with all of these goalie injures already in such a short season, it's probably safer to just go with both.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I think it's going to be a better game than some people around here think. It wasn't all that long ago where we kept the Hawks from scoring one goal. Don't care what goalie starts, I feel both need to have a bounce back game, and will be looking for some redemption on their last performances.

Hope Booth is good to go, if so:

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Kassian
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Higgins Lapierre Volpatti

Have Kassian on a short leash for this game if he decides not to hit and make a difference. Higgins could very well end up on the second line where we see the AMEX line for the first time this season.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I'm liking our offensive guns more and more, this is clearly a stronger group of forwards with the added young guns then last year.

Kassian, Schroeder and a renewed Raymond are giving us new life. We need to get our PP together, though. We have more than enough guns to be a Top 5 PP again.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Kassian, Schroeder and a renewed Raymond are giving us new life. We need to get our PP together, though. We have more than enough guns to be a Top 5 PP again.

Bolded for truth. This stretch of hockey is the best Raymond has looked in a couple of years. Just a great start for him in all aspects. Defensively responsible, going to the dirty areas, making sick moves with the puck, utilizing his linemates well...

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Schneids had a poor game so Lu was given a chance to take the ball and run with it. He didn't do that against St. Louis so, imo, the ball goes back to Schneids.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I think it's going to be a better game than some people around here think. It wasn't all that long ago where we kept the Hawks from scoring one goal. Don't care what goalie starts, I feel both need to have a bounce back game, and will be looking for some redemption on their last performances.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Kassian
Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Have Kassian on a short leash for this game if he decides not to hit and make a difference. Higgins could very well end up on the second line where we see the AMEX line for the first time this season.

I don't really agree with giving Kassian that spot on the second line and Higgins getting demoted to the fourth. I think he needs to work his way up the lineup, not be gifted a spot and the. demoted after every mistake. Also we should have our lineup merrit-based, and Higgins has been outperforming Kassian. I would try Kassian on the PP in front of the net (maybe not the first) if he's playing good. I think we'll go with the AMEX line like you said, the chemistry is there and some familiarity for booth and Kesler as they are returning to mid-season form.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
We're going to likely have to go through Chicago in the playoffs. May as well get Schneider some more experience dealing with their shooters.

Canucks vs. Blackhawks in the WCF with the winner facing NYR in the Finals. (or Canucks vs Kings)

Can you imagine? That would make for a "season to remember."

Last edited:

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Canucks vs. Blackhawks in the WCF with the winner facing NYR in the Finals. (or Canucks vs Kings)

Can you imagine?

As long as it's not the Bruins, I'll be okay. :laugh:

Preferably not the Pens either. Golden Boy will get all of the calls.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor

Can you imagine? That would make for a "season to remember."
The Canucks will never get a fair shake in the playoffs -- especially the Finals -- against a beloved Original Six team. I'd much rather low-profile teams upset all the media darlings and save us the headaches and bad press. Seriously.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
The Canucks will never get a fair shake in the playoffs -- especially the Finals -- against a beloved Original Six team. I'd much rather low-profile teams upset all the media darlings and save us the headaches and bad press. Seriously.

Canucks vs. Panthers featuring

ex-Blackhawk Kris Versteeg
ex-Blackhawk Jack Skille
ex-Blackhawk Tomas Kopecky
ex-Blackhawk Brian Campbell

J-just like going up against the Cup-winning Blackhawks!

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Is anybody else worried that the Ramond/Schroeder/Hanen line will disappear in the playoffs? In a long, physical series it could be a huge issue cause let's be honest, Kesler will be shutting down the opponents stars and we will need scoring from our third line.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Is anybody else worried that the Ramond/Schroeder/Hanen line will disappear in the playoffs? In a long, physical series it could be a huge issue cause let's be honest, Kesler will be shutting down the opponents stars and we will need scoring from our third line.

Well hmm? it is possible they didn't look their best last night. But the Kesler line is still capable of scoring and hopefully the Sedin's can do their magic.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Kassian
Raymond Schroeder Hansen

I rather do:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows = Sedin line
Higgins-Kesler-Booth = Bringing back the Amercican express line it was called?
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen = Schroeder line
Volpatti-Lapierre-Kassian = Volpatti!!

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Canucks vs. Panthers featuring

ex-Blackhawk Kris Versteeg
ex-Blackhawk Jack Skille
ex-Blackhawk Tomas Kopecky
ex-Blackhawk Brian Campbell

J-just like going up against the Cup-winning Blackhawks!

Canucks vs Panthers would essentially be the old Panthers vs the old Blackhawks. Weird.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Well hmm? it is possible they didn't look their best last night. But the Kesler line is still capable of scoring and hopefully the Sedin's can do their magic.

to be fair, Raymond and Schroeder were forced to replace the struggling Higgins and Kassian with Kesler and Jordan was stuck with two guys playing horribly. They look good, I just hope they can outmatch other teams third lines come playoff time which would obviously give us a huge edge

your lineup is exactly what i want for next game and then Kassian's play improve to the point of justifying him replacing Higgins

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
I would like to see the Canucks give Kesler and Kassian at least one more shot together. Kassian is obviously struggling right now, but it's for games like this that Vancouver acquired him. Should be a physical game in a hostile atmosphere, perfect. I would love to see him and Kesler have the opportunity to punish the Hawks D on the forecheck. For similar reasons, I'd go with Volpatti over Weise.

This game will also tell us a lot about how the Canucks are going to handle the goaltending situation going forward. If you really plan on trading Luongo and making Schneider the #1 this season, I think this is a game you have to give Schneider.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Canucks vs Panthers would essentially be the old Panthers vs the old Blackhawks. Weird.

Good to know we'd have Detroit's support in this situation.
emot-black101.gif

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
I'd love a rematch with the Bruins.

Yes I would love to beat the Bruins. Too bad we don't get to play them this season; next season though :) Also I thought about power plays today.

Unit 1:
Sedin's = One on the wing and one behind the net.
Burrows = At the front of the net.
Kesler = Left wing where he usually loads up and shoots on net.
Garrison = On the point you feed it to him he will score and they also have to get Garrison closer to the net because that will lead to a more deadly shot and likely to go in.

Unit 2:
Schroeder = back of the net
Raymond = Left wing
Hansen = Right Wing
Kassian = Front of the net
Edler = Blue line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions