Pre-Game Talk: GM 15: Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Blackhawks - Feb 19 - 5:30PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Eager

Feb 16, 2010
Hawks fan here, have a question just out of curiosity

Don't really check your boards too much other than around a Hawks game, but the there's like a night and day difference between what everyone is posting about Kassian this game compared to last. I have not watched many Canucks games since the last the Hawks game, just wondering what happened. Mental mistakes? Wearing down a bit? New season adrenaline rush wearing off?

HiggsBroson

Feb 2, 2010
I'm in Chicago ready to cheer on the Nucks. Good Luck charm? Probably not.
Chiggs said booth is in apparently. Leave it until tomorrow for sure.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto

Don't really check your boards too much other than around a Hawks game, but the there's like a night and day difference between what everyone is posting about Kassian this game compared to last. I have not watched many Canucks games since the last the Hawks game, just wondering what happened. Mental mistakes? Wearing down a bit? New season adrenaline rush wearing off?

Typical cold streak of a developing power forward, probably.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

IMO, it's fatigue. He's looking slowed down over the last few games and not as fresh as he was at the start. It's been a hectic schedule, so it's somewhat understandable, but hopefully it's a short term thing.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
IMO, it's fatigue. He's looking slowed down over the last few games and not as fresh as he was at the start. It's been a hectic schedule, so it's somewhat understandable, but hopefully it's a short term thing.

I'll agree on this one. He's played a lot of minutes where he's been expected to be extremely physical.

Jealous. I want to go to Chicago.

Yay Booth! /GodBless

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City

I think he's being overcoached. A powerforward shouldn't be backing up through the neutral zone or taking away passing lanes. He should be punishing dmen forcing turnovers and taking the puck hard to the net. Instead, the Canucks have him curling wide and angling his check off instead of going right through them.

He definitely needed to clean up his play in his own end, but offensively, let the kid loose.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011

Hopefully we get to see the Amex line again! I was choked AV didn't put it back together last season.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If I were coach tomorrow, I'd roll with...

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Lapierre - Volpatti

With Higgins and Kassian interchanging as need be. What I think we will actually see is...

Higgins - Kesler - Booth
Weise - Lapierre - Kassian

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
You would want to play the team that has Jacobs as their owner? **** that! Jacobs will get his way no matter how bad his team is

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Maybe we'd win this round because hopefully we wouldn't be playing with a team stuck together with Hubba Bubba from AV's trashcan due to injuries.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Hopefully we get to see the Amex line again! I was choked AV didn't put it back together last season.

Yup, Booth and Kesler were struggling down the stretch to the playoffs and AV was too obsessed with making his shutdown 3rd line with Higgins. :shakehead He was determined to make that shutdown 3rd line after booting coho. I still think we may have had a chance if AV had let AMEX gain some confidence and rhythm going into the playoffs. Instead, he further destroyed their confidence. Great job, coach!

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

unfortunately this imo

Kassian best games have come when he was firs traded here and at the beginning of the season. Hopefully he can put it all together though

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
If I were coach tomorrow, I'd roll with...

Booth - Kesler - Kassian
Higgins - Lapierre - Volpatti

With Higgins and Kassian interchanging as need be. What I think we will actually see is...

Higgins - Kesler - Booth
Weise - Lapierre - Kassian

I hate any lineup that sees Booth on the right side. He's much much more effective on the left side (as you have in your suggested lineup).

What I would probably do is this:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Hansen
Booth-Schroeder-Kassian
Higgins-Lapierre-Weise

It keeps all the left wingers on the left side, and all the right wingers on the right side.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I hate any lineup that sees Booth on the right side. He's much much more effective on the left side (as you have in your suggested lineup).

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Hansen
Booth-Schroeder-Kassian
Higgins-Lapierre-Weise

It keeps all the left wingers on the left side, and all the right wingers on the right side.

IIRC Higgins is similar to Burrows in the fact he's a LW that plays RW very comfortably.

I'd say give the AMEX line another few games. They were ripping it up before injuries last year. Booth-Kesler-Higgins

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
He was also playing to r minutes with the wolves. Seems to be a conditioning thing

I don't think it's conditioning. He seems to be in great shape.

The NHL is much faster to play in and after the original burst of adrenaline, rookies tend to slow a bit to put everything together.

I'm not too worried. Kassian by all reports seems to be a diligent guy in regards to his hockey career so he'll work hard to get through it.

Schroeder was more than ready for the NHL when he came up, hence why he's only appearing to get better.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Hansen
Booth-Schroeder-Kassian
Higgins-Lapierre-Weise

I would rather roll with the AMEX line (which has been proven effective) and then Raymond/Schroeder/Hansen since it's working right now. Regardless of what lines AV decides to roll I hope we stick with them for a while, I know it's been necessary to juggle lines cause of injuries, but we need linemates to get familiar with each other.

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
I would rather roll with the AMEX line (which has been proven effective) and then Raymond/Schroeder/Hansen since it's working right now. Regardless of what lines AV decides to roll I hope we stick with them for a while, I know it's been necessary to juggle lines cause of injuries, but we need linemates to get familiar with each other.

Completely agree. Get ready for this important stretch of 3 games a week.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Hansen
Booth-Schroeder-Kassian
Higgins-Lapierre-Weise

Why not swap the 2nd and 3rd line wingers? Raymond - Shredder - Hansen has been really good. While Booth could also play with Jordan, I don't see Kassian as good of a fit.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Why not swap the 2nd and 3rd line wingers? Raymond - Shredder - Hansen has been really good. While Booth could also play with Jordan, I don't see Kassian as good of a fit.

Do you think Booth is really ready for 2nd line duty? Not to mention having Booth and Kesler both on the same line while they're trying to get their legs back might make that line a complete liability. At least this way we shelter them a little bit.

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
Am I the only one who'd be concerned with a rusty Kesler playing with a rusty Booth on a second line? Stick Booth on line 4 for now until he or Kesler look like they're fully back.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Am I the only one who'd be concerned with a rusty Kesler playing with a rusty Booth on a second line? Stick Booth on line 4 for now until he or Kesler look like they're fully back.

Nope, I agree with you. No rush to put Booth in a top nine role. If he plays himself into the top nine then great, I'm sure AV will make the in-game adjustment and slide someone down.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Remember, everyone - comments that paint an entire fanbase/large portions of a fanbase with the same brush are not permitted. Same goes for discussing moderator actions in public. The posts discussing both of those - as well as any posts that quoted them - have been deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad