Pre-Game Talk: GM 14: Vancouver Canucks @ San Jose Sharks - Nov 6th - 7:30PM PST - SN360

Status
Not open for further replies.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Getzlaf and Perry not playing tonight because they have the flu. hopefully they miss our game too :D

And now we know why Sbisa was really a last minute scratch for "illness". That sly dog.

Turns out Sbisa is a weapon for this team after all. A biological weapon. :naughty:

"Hello former teammates, let's shake hands and do bro hugs and *achooooooo*. Well, see you guys on Sunday!!!" ;)

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
This whole splitting back to backs is a relatively new concept.. Traditionally or I should say historically running a #1 like Miller for 3 in 4 is not a big deal... At all. ... Or 70 of 82.
- consider the time of year it is.. And consider a potential 4 day rest that would follow.
- this isn't close to overplaying a goaltender. Shouldn't even register on the magical fatigue-o-meter...

Hell.. If Lack can play 17 straight or whatever he did... I'm pretty sure Miller can handle a measly 4 straight starts.

If he wins in SJ he should play in LA... If he wins in LA... He should be a virtual lock to play Ana.

This fatigue thing is hilarious to me considering what other goalies are doing THIS yr even... Forget about what Luongo used to do for us or Lack did for us after Luongo was traded.

----------

Anyways.... I think every knows where everyone stands.. Logic for both sides..

Some think Lack should be a lock to play one of the back-to-back even if Miller is winning.
I think he if he wins, he keeps playing... Like they used to do..

I think we all hope for the same thing at the end of the day.... That The wins rack up in Cali...

Really, it's not that people don't think Miller could play the bulk of this trip...or every game if he had to for that matter. The question is just...why? Especially with the travel.

Lack is a promising young goaltender...you want to see what you've really got. And the whole idea with the Miller signing, seemed to be in getting 2 goaltenders in the fold who the team can count on any given night to give them goaltending that is good enough to win.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I've noticed during this recent stretch we have been dumping and chasing a hell of a lot more than we did earlier in the season. I guess it's finding that right mix of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad