Pre-Game Talk: GM 14: Vancouver Canucks @ San Jose Sharks - Nov 6th - 7:30PM PST - SN360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
large.png
@
large.png

(13GP 9-4-0 | 2nd Pacific) (13GP 7-4-2 | 5th Pacific)

WHEN: Thursday, November 6th, 7:30PM PST
WHERE: HP Pavillion, San Jose, CA
TV: Sportsnet 360
RADIO: TSN 1040

Vancouver Canucks (unconfirmed)
8467875.jpg
-
8467876.jpg
-
8468085.jpg

8470274.jpg
-
8474009.jpg
-
8470358.jpg

8473574.jpg
-
8470755.jpg
-
8475178.jpg

8473432.jpg
-
8475223.jpg
-
8471498.jpg

8471303.jpg
-
8475690.jpg

8469465.jpg
-
8469598.jpg

8475598.jpg
-
8474134.jpg

8468011.jpg

8475663.jpg

San Jose Sharks:

To Be Posted.

Shark Killers:
Kevin Bieksa - 26GP, 4G, 13A, 17Pts
Nick Bonino - 11GP, 1G, 8A, 9Pts
Ryan Miller - 9GP, 7W - 1L - 0TL, 2.17GAA, .932SVP, 2SO

Notes:
- Alex Burrows is set to return after a 3-game suspension.

Streams:

http://hockeyreality.com/stream.html
http://nutjob.net/hockey
http://www.ifeed2all.eu/type/ice-hockey.html
http://atdhe.ru/hockey
http://forum.wiziwig.eu/forums/29-NHL-Icehockey

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
To answer the obvious question - no, this lineup is not confirmed. Complete guess work, and it will be updated as soon as official information is available.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
I doubt it'll happen but I'd love to see these lines

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Higgins-Bonino-Vey
Burrows-Horvat-Kassian
Hansen-Richardson-Dorsett

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Apparently I was a bad luck charm last game. Literally 1 minute after I stopped watching the game (family emergency) Henrik scored, and then the 3rd period happened. Just watched the highlights a few minutes ago. Bah humbug.

I won't watch this game if you guys pay me $100. :naughty:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Why we have sutch a hard time the last couple years a gainst these guys? There not that good but then a gain there regular season stars so wont be suprised if we lose the season series. I think will lose 4-2 goals by Bones and Kassian

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
So Matthias' play of late gets rewarded with a benching?

I don't think anyone has played bad enough to "deserve" a benching.

On that fourth line you can have any two of Hansen/Dorsett/Matthias on the wings and it would work.

Horvat played more than Dorsett last night, but Dorsett scored, it's a great problem to have.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
What do we do with the goalies over the next 3...

This is what i would do... We need a change up and get Lack out of that 2nd half of the back to back...

We need to run Miller here...

Thu - @ SJ - Miller
Sat - @ LA - Miller
Sun - @ Ana - Miller
Tue - vs Ott - Lack
Fri - vs Az - Miller

I don't think we are doing Lack or ourselves any favors by playing him in California... Let our #1 run the gauntlet and then get 4 days off.

Our team is letting down in those second games... and could be as simple as the players mentally letting down because they subconsciously feel the coaches are letting down by playing Lack. Try the change up.. piggy back on the emotions of playing a rival in Ana+Miller in net... and it sets them up nicely mentally.
Theoretically.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Like many, I don't know who sits for Burrows return. My guess is that Horvat is in for San Jose and out for LA/Anaheim games. Vey can came up from the 5 on 5 side of things but you want him for the powerplay. Matthais has really been coming along, hes been using his size protecting the puck and creating chances. Richardson is too important for the PK and faceoffs to take out. Hansen has been bringing the energy and forechecking required in the lineup.

I think I sit Matthais in San Jose and Horvat in LA and Anaheim. After that I do not know.

(in San Jose)
D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Vrbata
Higgins - Bonino - Vey
Burrows - Richardon - Kassian
Dorsett - Horvat - Hansen

(in SoCal)
D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Vrbata
Higgins - Bonino - Burrows
Matthais - Richardon - Kassian
Dorsett - Vey - Hansen

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
What do we do with the goalies over the next 3...

This is what i would do... We need a change up and get Lack out of that 2nd half of the back to back...

We need to run Miller here...

Thu - @ SJ - Miller
Sat - @ LA - Miller
Sun - @ Ana - Miller
Tue - vs Ott - Lack
Fri - vs Az - Miller

I don't think we are doing Lack or ourselves any favors by playing him in California... Let our #1 run the gauntlet and then get 4 days off.

Our team is letting down in those second games... and could be as simple as the players mentally letting down because they subconsciously feel the coaches are letting down by playing Lack. Try the change up.. piggy back on the emotions of playing a rival in Ana+Miller in net... and it sets them up nicely mentally.
Theoretically.

Miller vs San Jose
Lack vs LA
Miller vs Anaheim

Give Lack the first of the back to back.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Id give horvat saturday, so if matthias isnt a complete difference maker on thursday he can sit on saturday, then another day of rest for horvat on sunday then he slides in for tuesday against ottawa.

Horvat is with us till wrld jnr, and until matthias goes off the cliff horvat wont get 2 games straight

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Apparently I was a bad luck charm last game. Literally 1 minute after I stopped watching the game (family emergency) Henrik scored, and then the 3rd period happened. Just watched the highlights a few minutes ago. Bah humbug.

I won't watch this game if you guys pay me $100. :naughty:

Won't pay $100, but would be willing to create another family emergency. ;)

lady-kick.gif

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Id give horvat saturday, so if matthias isnt a complete difference maker on thursday he can sit on saturday, then another day of rest for horvat on sunday then he slides in for tuesday against ottawa.

Horvat is with us till wrld jnr, and until matthias goes off the cliff horvat wont get 2 games straight

I'd consider working Hansen into the press box rotation if he forgets the ways of the honey badger again.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com

It's not just Matthias that could get scratched in favour of Horvat. Vey, Hansen, and Dorsett could all get scratched depending on how they are playing going forward.

Even though they both scored last night, I think it comes down to Matthias or Dorsett if Willie wants to dress Horvat in San Jose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad