GDT: Gm 13 - Ottawa Senators @ Boston Bruins/11-1-14/7P ET/NESN, CiTA, TVA, 98.5 FM ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I know right? I wonder what he'd be saying if he played for the Bs

To me, the PBP guy is supposed to be the straight man and the color guy can play the homer card etc. It's just extremely awkward when Jack goes overboard. I can appreciate the passion he has for the team, but enough is enough.

Oh good, another composite stick discussion.

ElkabombKid9

May 18, 2007
Boston
There is the little matter of 11 points in 22 games last year...

There's something to be said for putting players in a position to succeed (not sure this can be stressed enough). Clode had him on the shortest leash ever and he was playing with an enemic Looch and Fraser on his off wing this year. Not great.

Sorry, totally missed the sarcasm.

No problem, it's crazy how you get jumped on in here sometimes :laugh: i agree with you. I don't think you can fully assess some of these younger players after seeing 3-4 games...

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
This is why guys like he and Subban should never get a sniff of the Norris Trophy, which is meant for guys who can actually play D...

Subban and Karlsson are not the same. Karlsson is a liability defensively. Subban is just prone to mistakes once in a while. He's like Boychuk with tons of skill and better speed.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
There is the little matter of 11 points in 22 games last year...

There's something to be said for putting players in a position to succeed (not sure this can be stressed enough). Clode had him on the shortest leash ever and he was playing with an enemic Looch and Fraser on his off wing this year. Not great.

/QUOTE]

Meh not gonna cut it. If you're not going to kill penalties, be good in the dot, play the PK, or hit, you better be scoring some goals. 22 assists, a lot of them just a regular pass to another guy making the last pass, isn't going to get it done when you can't contribute in other ways. And I'm going to apply the same logic to Loui, he's gotta start putting some of those in the net too. He just also happens to do all that other stuff Spooner doesn't.

Whatever you say.

I mean there has never been an offensive player that has struggled to produce in his first go round with the B's...cough, Krejci, cough.

Arthur*

To me, the PBP guy is supposed to be the straight man and the color guy can play the homer card etc. It's just extremely awkward when Jack goes overboard. I can appreciate the passion he has for the team, but enough is enough.

There are some guys he just has a hate-on for and can't objectively cover. Karlsson, Kessel, Steve Ott. He loves PK Subban though, which is weird.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Whatever you say.

I mean there has never been an offensive player that has struggled to produce in his first go round with the B's...cough, Krejci, cough.

Krejci can win faceoffs, plays defensively sound, and can play the PK. Spooner cannot.

A purely offensive player, better be lights out on offence. Also Krejci as a rookie played on a shallow Bruins team compared to the cup winners/presidents cup winners. The Bruins teams of the last 5-7 years have been deep.

ElkabombKid9

May 18, 2007
Boston

Couldn't agree more. And i think a lot of times it either totally disgusts or makes it awkward for Brick. You can tell when there is a good 10 second pause after Jack says something.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com

Missed the Fraser goals. Excited for them though. Were they nice?

WhichGoodnaturedCooter.gif

Put in a rebound.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Krejci can win faceoffs, plays defensively sound, and can play the PK. Spooner cannot.

A purely offensive player, better be lights out on offence. Also Krejci as a rookie played on a shallow Bruins team compared to the cup winners/presidents cup winners. The Bruins teams of the last 5-7 years have been deep.

Yes...that's exactly how Krejci appeared when he first came up to the B's, a finished product.

People have such short memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad