Post-Game Talk: [GM 13] Canucks defeat Senators | 6-4 | Horvat (2), Mikheyev, OEL, Studnicka, & Pettersson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: November 8th, 4:00PM PST

WHERE: Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa, ON
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

Garland-Horvat-Podkolzin
Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Mikheyev
Pearson-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Aman-Studnicka

Hughes-Schenn
OEL-Myers
Rathbone-Bear

Martin

Senators Line-Up:

Tkachuk-Stützle-Giroux
DeBrincat-Brassard-Batherson
Motte-Pinto-Joseph
Kelly-Gambrell-Watson

Chabot-Bernard-Docker
Sanderson-Hamonic
Brannstrom-Holden

Talbot

Last edited:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I didn't really expect to look around and think the left-side of the defense might be a problem, but it looks like it is at the moment.

But hey, maybe if we get the right mix of bottom-pairing defensemen, it will miraculous make-up for the fact we have only a bunch of bottom-pairing defensemen. Probably not, though.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
This is peak ineptitude, and it is frankly hilarious.

-That stillman-Myers pairing is shit.
-And what is Hoglander suppose to think after a strong outing? It is such a weird message to send.
Accountability isn’t a thing in this organization and that’s why they are where they are.

Last edited:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Bruce Boudreau cannot possibly be that clueless. I refuse to believe he's that dumb.

This must be a guy who is retiring or knows he's on the outs giving a massive f*** you to the organization. That or the guy needs an MRI asap to see what the f*** is going on in his brain.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Dries out isn’t merit based. They just have bad optics with scratching other players.

Why’s Stillman Still-in? That pairing hasn’t worked.

Anyways, hope this roadtrip provides some clarity. Either go 4-1 and get yourselves right back in to it or fall out.

They will probably go 2-2-1.

Coming into the season, I was really curious as to who would finish ahead between Ottawa and Van. I leaned Van because Ottawa plays in a hell division and still do lean that way, but curious as to how the teams look head to head regardless

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Either management has told Bruce they like Stillman and want him to play or Bruce has a blind eye for Stillman,

I'd even take Brisebois over him.

It's not like this is dressing some scrub forward in the bottom 6 either where the player will struggle but won't usually cost you a game, dressing a dman as bad as Stillman will cost you games

Last edited:

Lat

Oct 12, 2005
I'm assuming Burroughs doesn't play the left side. He should, in reality, probably be playing over Myers though.

Rathbone is the one who'd be playing over Stillman.
He definitely has in past games and looked decent enough on the left. Boudreau probably has a fixation that LD must have a LHS (and vice versa).

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
If you watch this goal for instance, which was the tying goal against nashville
and you had a film session and you see, wow this stillman Myers pairing is really not it.

like this goal epitomizes the Myers-Sillman pairing in a nutshell
-puck watching
-Barely skating
- Over aggressive on players who are ZERO threat

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
If you watch this goal for instance, which was the tying goal against nashville
and you had a film session and you see, wow this stillman Myers pairing is really not it.

like this goal epitomizes the Myers-Sillman pairing in a nutshell
-puck watching
-Barely skating
- Over aggressive on players who are ZERO threat

I can't even... What is Stillman trying to accomplish? Why?!

Bonus points to Pearsson for obviously not giving a heads up on Nino being a threat.

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I can't even... What is Stillman trying to accomplish? Why?!

Bonus points to Pearsson for obviously not giving a heads up on Nino being a threat.

Garland had good body position and a stick on puck to keep everything to the outside
Stillman is like I’ll skate right in front of you for no reason.

I also love how Myers was actually going to follow them behind the net, thinks twice about it, but is too late back and Nino has already scored.

Thay just bleed goals and scoring against, and provide nothing in return.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
If you aren't going to play Hoglander, fine. Just please don't rot the asset down to nothing. There should be value out there for this player and if he's not a fit here, then take the value and move on.

Probably holds true for Rathbone, as well.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
JT-Bo-Hogs was a great line, shouldn't be broken up after 1 game.

JT, Bo, EP and Kuz are red hot, keep the lineup top heavy and outscore some problems until the goalies figure it out. We aren't losing due to a lack of balanced forward lines or center depth.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
This is right up there with Macintyre blaming Garland. Stillman, Myers and Dries are the three that turned that into a goal. Myers has no business going down below the goal line once Garland has chased the puck carrier back there, Stillman also has no business going down below the goal line and chasing Garland's guy, and Dries is looking out at the left point where the puck quite obviously isn't going to be heading instead of protecting the slot. What is Pearson supposed to say in that split second: "Hey, between the three of you who are supposed to be doing the down-low defending, can one of you pick up Neiderreiter?"

Sharkbomb

Jul 20, 2022
Bear has been a positive surprise. Canucks are 3-1-1 in their last 5 games, and I hope things will continue to stabilize on the right side of .500. Right now besides trash D depth, the biggest issue is we need better goaltending.

Reactions: Indiana

Breakers

Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
This is right up there with Macintyre blaming Garland. Stillman, Myers and Dries are the three that turned that into a goal. Myers has no business going down below the goal line once Garland has chased the puck carrier back there, Stillman also has no business going down below the goal line and chasing Garland's guy, and Dries is looking out at the left point where the puck quite obviously isn't going to be heading instead of protecting the slot. What is Pearson supposed to say in that split second: "Hey, between the three of you who are supposed to be doing the down-low defending, can one of you pick up Neiderreiter?"

No way!
Did I-mac seriously blame Garland???

He's play it text book
he has leverage and inside body position
stick in lane to prevent the pass to the slot
keeping him to the outside

Reactions: racerjoe and Dala

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
It seems that when Bruce wants to get a player going, he sticks them on a line with Bo..It got Miller going, and now the coach is trying to get Podz going.

-Podz and Hogs are in the same boat right now..would not surprise me to Hogs back in the lineup vs the Habs, and Podz out..rinse and repeat.

Honestly, I think when the game starts ..Bruce is going to load up the top 2 lines line he's been doing the last while..so I'm not reading these practice lines as the gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad