Post-Game Talk: [GM 13] Canucks defeat Senators | 6-4 | Horvat (2), Mikheyev, OEL, Studnicka, & Pettersson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I mean, we have that exact player, in Lockwood. And i'm a lot happier with Joshua in that role. But i still think we can do a lot better than Joshua. There are better 4th liners out there than him, who manage to generate something in those limited minutes. Rather than just being content to "saw off" the results on the corsi tables.
Yeah I get that but like you said, having a guy who doesn’t really help or hurt you while making peanuts is technically a win in a hard cap league.

Reactions: biturbo19

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What continues to bother me is how some Canuck wingers are so weak along the wall. They arrive late and then simply get outmuscled.

That second Sens goal by Hamonic was the direct result of Joshua losing a back battle and the puck crossing the entire rink. I mean if your fourth liners can't win a puck battle and transition the puck of your own zone, then what good are they? On the offensive side, they'll be lucky to score a goal month.

I agree with other posters.....this is simply a 'flawed' roster and there are no easy fixes. I see Mike Reilly of Bruins is on waivers. He'd make an interesting addition to the Canucks, but makes far too much money for them to even consider it.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Yeah I get that but like you said, having a guy who doesn’t really help or hurt you while making peanuts is technically a win in a hard cap league.

i think this is outdated thinking. good teams have 4th lines that look like the 3rd or even 2nd lines of the past. if you're not getting 20-30 points from your 4th liners you're probably falling behind

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
i think this is outdated thinking. good teams have 4th lines that look like the 3rd or even 2nd lines of the past. if you're not getting 20-30 points from your 4th liners you're probably falling behind
It’s not outdated at all.

Less than 20 points is not acceptable unless the line is getting shutdown usage which it isn’t. So far the 4th line has produced 5 goals between the 4 of them(Studnicka replacing Lazar after injury) through 13 games which puts them on that 20-30 point pace you just mentioned. Being fine with that production at their cap hits/roles isn’t outdated.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
It’s not outdated at all.

Less than 20 points is not acceptable unless the line is getting shutdown usage which it isn’t. So far the 4th line has produced 5 goals between the 4 of them(Studnicka replacing Lazar after injury) through 13 games which puts them on that 20-30 point pace you just mentioned. Being fine with that production at their cap hits/roles isn’t outdated.

i wasn't saying the canucks 4th line is outdated (altho i think aman is probably not an nhl player based on his play so far) but that the idea that you just need a 4th line that can fill minutes without any expectation of production is outdated

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
i wasn't saying the canucks 4th line is outdated (altho i think aman is probably not an nhl player based on his play so far) but that the idea that you just need a 4th line that can fill minutes without any expectation of production is outdated
Well that’s just semantics we’re arguing then while actually agreeing on everything ense. Treading water to me is putting up 20+ points which you agree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino