GDT: Gm 10: New Jersey Devils @ Boston Bruins - 10/26/13 - 7P ET -NESN - 98.5 FM

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Iggy is officially in his regular season form, so I'm just glad I won't have to see so much "WTF Iggy score a goal!!" on GDTs. This guy is such a perfect fit on that line.

I wonder how we would've done with him over Jagr during last year's cup run. Actually no I dont. :cry:

He really is, and they're just getting started. All three of them are so hot right now, that first period was just insane. Marchand and Bergeron will get going, hopefully Loui won't take too long. 3rd line has looked pretty good, but I'm not too keen on Caron still. Once Loui gets back and we can run Soderberg-Kelly-Smith it'll look really good. Everyone gets cold, our 2nd line just has a bit early. They'll catch on.

Get a good win against the Pens and we're right back at it. 7-3 is pretty good, we're 2 behind Toronto and have 2 games.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Never understood why teams who have the lead let up, literally every team does it, must be something in the mind that says "we got this" and the team just stops keeping the foot on the gas pedal?

Just plain old human nature. ;)
They're human, they're not perfect hockey playing robots like in video games.

I hope Chara's leg is healing ok, it must be painful with the friction of stockings, equipment and getting sweaty, yuck. Perfect setup for infection. Wonder if he's on antibiotics. If so, they can upset your stomach, give you diarrhea as side effects.

Bergy didn't do any upper body workouts probably all summer, so he's still building up his strength now, much like McQuaid wasn't himself last year after his problem with the blood clot.

Not making excuses, but there are legit reasons why those two especially might be somewhat off their game.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bergeron shot a puck over the glass to make it a 5-on-3 with a couple minutes left but he was pretty much par for the course otherwise; not sure what other poor play people are seeing out there.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

I hope Chara's leg is healing ok, it must be painful with the friction of stockings, equipment and getting sweaty, yuck. Perfect setup for infection. Wonder if he's on antibiotics. If so, they can upset your stomach, give you diarrhea as side effects.

Bergy didn't do any upper body workouts probably all summer, so he's still building up his strength now, much like McQuaid wasn't himself last year after his problem with the blood clot.

Not making excuses, but there are legit reasons why those two especially might be somewhat off their game.

Antibiotics can lead to weight loss as well as making you feel yucky all the time. I had MRSA last year that was labeled a superbug because it was antibiotic resistant, and the antibiotics I was on made me feel like death.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Wonderful momentum swing to go into Pittsburgh's den who's looking for revenge on us, could get ugly.

meh. Momentum doesn't exist game to game. Maybe their confidence on the PK might be a little fragile.

They still look good 5 on 5, I expect everyone to be better. Everyone not named Krejci, Lucic and Iginla and Rask have played poorly the last two games, and Rask wasn't great against the Devils.

I can't imagine a poor game from everyone 3 games in a row.

Marchand really needs to be better though. He looks so passive out there as if he's afraid to make contact and afraid of getting hit. He's not agitating or chirping and just seems un-engaged.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Bergeron shot a puck over the glass to make it a 5-on-3 with a couple minutes left but he was pretty much par for the course otherwise; not sure what other poor play people are seeing out there.

i agree. although i am sick of his weak ass shots from behind the dots right at the goalie.

if anyone should get the blame for the loss its Krug.

as bad as slow the Bruins were playing after the first, the Devils werent really doing much either other than on the power play. If Krug doesnt take the 4 min there, the B's most likely win that game, even though they stopped playing after the first.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Yep, these guys rely so much on condition/shape, you can`t convince me that Bergy is in his typical condition after a summer where he couldn`t really start doing the things he normally would for a long time after his usual training start time

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Yep, these guys rely so much on condition/shape, you can`t convince me that Bergy is in his typical condition after a summer where he couldn`t really start doing the things he normally would for a long time after his usual training start time

Agree 100%.

I think we fans sometimes think that a new season means the reset button has been hit for everyone, and everyone is starting fresh.

I'm not sure how long it took for Bergeron to feel "normal" after the SCF, but I would imagine it was some time.

We often talk about the challenges of a short summer when the team goes deep in playoffs (how fortunate we are to even talk about that!) -- add to that some pretty major injuries and Bergeron has had very little time to get ready.

And, by the way, if the way he is playing is "bad" then I'm ok with that.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

Well he only has 4 pts in 10 games. I'm sure he'll pick it up in short order, but I do wonder what the posts would look like if it was a different center with that stat line.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Well he only has 4 pts in 10 games. I'm sure he'll pick it up in short order, but I do wonder what the posts would look like if it was a different center with that stat line.

im not defending bergeron, but look who he is playing with right now.
his linemates have been smith, loui and marchand.
The best of those 3 have been smith.
marchand and loui (before his injury) have been practically invisible this year as well.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
marchand and loui (before his injury) have been practically invisible this year as well.

Marchand invisible, yes. But Loui?...:dunno:

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

Ericksson's been good this year as well as Smith, Marchand has been pretty bad. But Bergeron is not playing well right now.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
loui has been a non factor out there before his injury. He wasnt finishing. He had a lucky goal off his leg, and he had another goal before that. Hasnt done much else.

Smith has been good, but he is no top 6 player.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
loui has been a non factor out there before his injury. He wasnt finishing. He had a lucky goal off his leg, and he had another goal before that. Hasnt done much else.

I disagree, he looked decent defensively and he made some tremendous passes. Most importantly, he wasn't making costly mistakes.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I disagree, he looked decent defensively and he made some tremendous passes. Most importantly, he wasn't making costly mistakes.

he was good defensively, but offense wise he didnt do anything to help Bergeron. Who is struggling himself.
He's a good player, so I know he'll come along. But before the concussion, he wasnt doing much offensively

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Wasn't able to watch the full game and I'm glad I didn't
I was thinking this summer that Bergeron would get off the a slow start because he wasn't able to fully heal and train like a normal offseason. Anyone see this as well? Doesn't help that his linemates are struggling too.
It's great to see Hamilton play well and you can really see how great his upside will be. Once he fills out and can throw that body a bit around he will be terrifying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad