GDT: Gm 10: New Jersey Devils @ Boston Bruins - 10/26/13 - 7P ET -NESN - 98.5 FM

ilovetheflyers8

Jan 26, 2009
D.C.
Hey guys, I have Brad Marchand on my fantasy team, and I was wondering why he seems to be putting up less points than in the past few seasons? I see his average TOI has gone down about 2 minutes since last season, is that part of the reason?

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Missed the game, was on a 16 hour flight to Moscow ugh. So we blew a lead? not shocked with so many games in a short period of time, how did they play?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Hey guys, I have Brad Marchand on my fantasy team, and I was wondering why he seems to be putting up less points than in the past few seasons? I see his average TOI has gone down about 2 minutes since last season, is that part of the reason?

Well, first 8-10 games of the year Krejci and Lucic have been hot and Marchand and Bergeron have been cold. Erikssons injury didn't exactly help change that.

Marchand has been about 50-60% since his last concussion in the spring. Hate to say it and he hasn't been awful but he isn't the same guy who was hot most of last year right now.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
To be honest, I don't know how upset I can be with this game as it was sort of a freak thing that happened at the end. Looking at it overall, the first half of the game was fantastic, and the Bruins were also really good for most of the third. Frustrating way to end it, but whatever, **** happens.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
And I also agree that Bergeron cost us the game. Can't really fault him too much though as he was trying to make the right play. Just came off his stick too high.

Dennis Bergkamp

Oct 23, 2013
It's 82 game season, stuff like this happens. Good to get it out of the way now, maybe they can learn something from it.

ilovetheflyers8

Jan 26, 2009
D.C.
Well, first 8-10 games of the year Krejci and Lucic have been hot and Marchand and Bergeron have been cold. Erikssons injury didn't exactly help change that.

Marchand has been about 50-60% since his last concussion in the spring. Hate to say it and he hasn't been awful but he isn't the same guy who was hot most of last year right now.

Oh, I don't think I knew he had a concussion last year. Thanks for the response.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Sometimes you win one you were supposed to lose. Sometimes you lose one you were supposed to win. Sometimes they're back to back.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
This defence is so painfully slow in their own end, it's scary. The book is out here, all you gottta do is forcheck, you don't even need to be good at it, they **** themselves as soon as anyone gets near.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Bad games happen. It's not like this team to be so sloppy on the PK, I don't think it's something that will continue. 6 on 3's are always tough, a lot worse when most of the team has mentally checked out of the game. Yes, Bergeron's mistake was costly but to me he's clearly not 100% and he will probably work harder than anyone to fix his mistakes. Shows how spoiled we are with him when we are shocked when he does something wrong.
Sometimes it's good to have a frustrating game like this to wake everyone up. Learn from it and move on to the next one. On the plus side Iginla had a 3 point night and that line seems to be rolling. If the other lines can pick it up a little and we clean things up in our own end we are in good shape. Definitely missing Eriksson though.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It's 82 game season, stuff like this happens. Good to get it out of the way now, maybe they can learn something from it.

Missed the game and forgot to hit the "confirm" button to record. Watched the Sens waltz into Detroit a few nights ago and embarrass the Wings on home ice. I know the Devils haven`t played well this year but there are games where every good team playing a struggling one will lose.

Judging again solely on what I have read this AM, a usually stellar PK was anything but. Never understood why teams who have the lead let up, literally every team does it, must be something in the mind that says "we got this" and the team just stops keeping the foot on the gas pedal?

Oh well, 10 games in, 7-3 record without playing their top game and with the absence of Marchand`s presence (I mean scoring absence) and Bergy/Loui having just starting to click when he was concussed. Plenty of reason for optimism, this is a very good team and I`m not worried one bit

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
When both Chara and Bergeron have bad games, its no surprise B's lost.

I missed the game last night so please accept my comments with that in mind. I have seen Bergy a touch hesitant at times (which I am not concerned about), leading me to think that although he "claims" he`s 100%, with what we know about him and how he plays, I`m going to suggest there are still a few lingering effects of those injuries he played through in the finals.

Not worried one bit about our boys though

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Iggy is officially in his regular season form, so I'm just glad I won't have to see so much "WTF Iggy score a goal!!" on GDTs. This guy is such a perfect fit on that line.

I wonder how we would've done with him over Jagr during last year's cup run. Actually no I dont. :cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad