GDT: GM#10:Feb 5th, 2013|Toronto @ Washington|We gotta close it out.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
What did he say? I missed it
Just talking and rooting for Hamilton in the AHL all-stars lol.

Also Leafnation1949:
bozak is .556, 5 wins 4 losses according to yahoo.
What defence - his line look like they are killing a penalty every shift

Its great that he backchecks once every 3 games - really it is - but you cheerleaders don't need to hype it up any more than I need to hype up a missed pass or bad line change.
What the hell are you talking about? That wasn't even Kessel's man! My god I know you dislike Kessel but move away from that blind-hate and actually assess the team game properly. I have to argue more with Leaf fans about a leaf players' actual value than our rival fans because they fail to see what's real and what not and go to every game with such pessimism and hold it so dear. When kessel starts scoring then you will simply revert back to his defensive game is't strong as a norris trophy winner, it's jst pointless to even argue with you.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Toronto really hasn't looked very good. Scrivens is shaky and the team hasn't generated a lot of scoring chances. It's mostly that Washington looks absolutely horrible.

How many times can we keep giving them pucks in the slot before they start putting them in? Leafs need to be way better defensively in the third to leave Washington with the win. Sucks that the Leafs team defense just cannot instill confidence even with a 2 goal lead.

DaveT83*

PK supporters are so desperate to latch onto anything remotely positive to support Phil Kessels game ... its so sad.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Ya Kessel sucks.
Who cares if he has 2 assists, is a +3, backchecking and playing a good 200 foot game. He sucks because he sucks. Anyone who cant see that is clearly is the one who cant leave bias out and look at things rationally.

say it right
on the ice for 3 goals, thus the +3
puck touched him, thus the 2 assists.
200 foot game ,ya skating back and forth.
still no goals , thats what he is paid for.
the bad, no goals and his value has dropped to move him at the deadline:nod:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Mc completely screws the Grabo line, there is no chemistry at all there

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
What the hell are you talking about? That wasn't even Kessel's man!

Kessel doesn't have a man in his own zone. His strategy is actually to keep distance between himself and the opposing players so that if the puck comes to him he's ready for a breakout.

Seriously, just watch the next time his line is hemmed in their own zone, which is just about every shift. Who is he covering? Is it possible to find the perfect position on the ice such that at any given time, you're covering absolutely nobody? Kessel has found a way.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
PK supporters are so desperate to latch onto anything remotely positive to support Phil Kessels game ... its so sad.
:laugh:

PK haters are so blind by hate they are running with a goal drought only later to revert back to the same arguement he's soft. It's a sad sad cycle that won't die because they are bitter and sour from a trade.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
You're taking a piss on him on a night when he's got 2 points.

Kettle, meet pot.

Were you, by any chance, actually watching those goals? If so, please describe the role Phil Kessel played :laugh:

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
ahahahah @ you Homers taking credit for all of JVR+Holzers work and giving it to Phil Kessel who had absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Also FYI - EVERY PLAYER IN THE ****ING ENTIRE NHL IS REQUIRED TO BACKCHECK EVERY ****ING SHIFT - this is not a unique situation that only applies to Phil once every 3 games.

Not every player in the NHL has someone all over his ***k about how he goes about getting positive stats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad