GDT: GM#10:Feb 5th, 2013|Toronto @ Washington|We gotta close it out.

DaveT83*

Toronto look like a completely different team on the road - everything is simplifed simple plays actually look routine.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
A great gif. Not so great player. I wonder what happened to him. I've heard of prima donna behavior off the ice. He reminds me of a latter day Forsberg now.

Forsberg has something Ovechkin doesn't....heart. Forsberg literally played his leg off until he couldn't play anymore. Relied on his strength/speed but also his hockey sense and hustle. I assumed a few years ago that Ovechkin would surpass Forsberg at some point but this is pathetic/hilarious.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
ahahahah @ you Homers taking credit for all of JVR+Holzers work and giving it to Phil Kessel who had absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Also FYI - EVERY PLAYER IN THE ****ING ENTIRE NHL IS REQUIRED TO BACKCHECK EVERY ****ING SHIFT - this is not a unique situation that only applies to Phil once every 3 games.

You're an Alan Frew fan, aren't you?

Gards

Jan 11, 2013
I have a sickening feeling that we're going to see a letdown in the 3rd..really hope I'm wrong.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
ahahahah @ you Homers taking credit for all of JVR+Holzers work and giving it to Phil Kessel who had absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Also FYI - EVERY PLAYER IN THE ****ING ENTIRE NHL IS REQUIRED TO BACKCHECK EVERY ****ING SHIFT - this is not a unique situation that only applies to Phil once every 3 games.

Ya Kessel sucks.
Who cares if he has 2 assists, is a +3, backchecking and playing a good 200 foot game. He sucks because he sucks. Anyone who cant see that is clearly is the one who cant leave bias out and look at things rationally.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
So as I mentioned in the previous thread my younger brother is attending the game tonight (with his pup lol) and while entering the gate he was offered one of this Niklas Backstrom bobbleheads (gnomes as Bowen was talking about earlier in the broadcast) and he thankfully declined (while wearing a leafs hat lol dumbass Caps event staff).

True fan right there. Eff the Caps.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
The most ironic thing is you call him out saying he can't play defense does nothing but score goals. However when he isn't scoring goals and everyone is acting as if the worlds ending and he does his defensive dues, you deny to give him credit. It's hilarious but at the same so sad to see.

He had one effective backcheck in two periods and people are drooling over it, proof positive that he plays good defense. I mean, how much can you lower the bar in order to ballwash the guy?

DaveT83*

The most ironic thing is you call him out saying he can't play defense does nothing but score goals. However when he isn't scoring goals and everyone is acting as if the worlds ending and he does his defensive dues, you deny to give him credit. It's hilarious but at the same so sad to see.

What defence - his line look like they are killing a penalty every shift

Its great that he backchecks once every 3 games - really it is - but you cheerleaders don't need to hype it up any more than I need to hype up a missed pass or bad line change.

PoisonMushroom

I'm a fungi!
Mar 8, 2006
Toronto really hasn't looked very good. Scrivens is shaky and the team hasn't generated a lot of scoring chances. It's mostly that Washington looks absolutely horrible.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Ya Kessel sucks.
Who cares if he has 2 assists, is a +3, backchecking and playing a good 200 foot game. He sucks because he sucks. Anyone who cant see that is clearly is the one who cant leave bias out and look at things rationally.

Kessel has 2 assists on goals he had nothing to do with. He is +3 on three goals he had nothing to do with. Playing a 200 foot game...do you not watch what he's doing when the puck is in his own zone and Bozak and JVR are trying to retrieve the puck? One of these days I'm actually going to have to make a post-game video of all of Kessel's flyby's and spectator shifts in a period.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
What would it take to land Backstrom, I wonder?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
What would it take to land Backstrom, I wonder?

Backstrom wouldn't be that great of a centre to Kessel in terms of how much it would take to get him and Caps lack centres so they wouldn't trade him.

Kessel needs a good 2-way centre playing with him who's not afraid of the physical game, can win the puck, and make a good pass *cough* ROR *cough*.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad