GDT: [GM 10] Canucks vs. Devils | Tue., Nov. 1st, 7pm, Sportsnet 360 | Battle of the Hugheses/Reverse Retro Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Don’t get me wrong on the trade Horvat thing…if I had my druthers I would have moved Miller and signed Horvat instead (or moved both…).
Moving both was the play. Honestly, the rebuild could’ve been done really good with the pieces.

Miller, Horvat, Garland, Boeser. You can’t tell me that base of trades doesn’t setup the Canucks decently for the future

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
I’m completely OK with eating some crow on Horvat, I did not expect this start from him this season, he’s having a really nice season so far.

It’s a shame the team is not
His first few games he looked really bad and then turned it around. If I'm him, there's no chance in hell I'm re-signing with this loser franchise.

Allvin in that case needs to trade him for a haul and a half at the deadline. Or ship him off to Columbus for a fatty overpayment.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Signed JT first. Horvat still unsigned and they don’t seem close to getting it done. And whatever reasons I’m forgetting. Oh Yeah, what cap?
Trade Garland and they can give Horvat his raise. Kuzmenko will probably move on in that case if they're not able to get rid of Boeser (if they're even trying).

And I'm not sure how signing JT means Horvat is gone.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Preach Sally.

Screenshot_20221017-173729_Chrome.jpg

thenextone

Mar 19, 2005
New York City
I hate to make excuses but this team has never recovered from the pandemic season. It’s almost like a trauma that needs a total blow up for all parties involved. Hughes, Petterson, Miller have not looked that good in the 2 seasons since, despite some nice stat lines.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Stopped watching in the second..The Devils were more than comfortable at the pace the Canucks played in the 1st period..and the home side couldn’t push it in the second.

Like Buffalo, the Devils are a legit team now..Both of these teams look better than the Canucks.

Reactions: geebaan

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Really like watching a strong even strength team

Their passes and breakouts just seem so basic,
D-to-D to the winger and to the center and out of the zone and into the offensive zone

Watching us breakout looks like we are pulling teeth.
Everything looks so difficult and the passes are into skates or we simply shoot it off the glass and hope for the best.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Half sober postgame thoughts:
- OEL and Myers both need to be healthy scratched. Absolutely embarassing these guys are our veterans. Lazy, dumb, incompetent, slow, etc
- Miller is the king of garbage PP points
- Horvat is scoring his way out of town
- Hughes is definitely still not 100% yet we still play him 26?+ minutes?????
- Pearson as extra attacker lol
- Demko does not look good. Martin should start Thursday vs Anaheim
- Putting in Stillman and taking out Burroughs made absolutely no sense
- We actually look like we miss Guillaime Brisebois. Jesus christ.
- Bear was pretty good. Good small plays to keep plays alive. Very apparent he has come from a competent organization
- Podkolzin is just going through it hard right now
- Schenn ground and pound was hilarious but dirty. And somehow Joshua gets kicked out too after finally (barely) engaging
- Fire Jason King. I hate everything about PP1. Telegraphed Petey shot, stationary structure, Miller forced passes, Hughes muffin.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Trade Garland and they can give Horvat his raise. Kuzmenko will probably move on in that case if they're not able to get rid of Boeser (if they're even trying).

Seeing the way they kept Miller, if Bo gets 99 points this season management is definitely keeping offering him 8x8 by the end of the season 😂

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Stopped watching in the second..The Devils were more than comfortable at the pace the Canucks played in the 1st period..and the home side couldn’t push it in the second.

Like Buffalo, the Devils are a legit team now..Both of these teams look better than the Canucks.
good thing we have this group forever

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
The Pacific division so far is better than I expected. Vegas has been awesome, the Oilers are the Oilers, and the Kings and the Krakken are solid teams so far. Flames have been good and I think they will pick up.

December5th

Feb 5, 2021
victoria
Jim Benning has made me anti union and pro releasing players with non guaranteed contracts
at least let teams buy out contracts without a penalty. its a sick joke that GMs can be desperate to save their job and can hamstring a franchise for years. this is terrible for the nhl. even without a gm's blame, it just sucks anyways and lowers the quality of the game. if a player isnt worth his contract then a team should be allowed to keep paying him but remove him from the cap. the best possible product should be on display

Reactions: Ozone and Kryten

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Miller starting to look him self on the PP.

He was creating grade A chances 5on5 too.

Bad thing is it looks like he has really lost a step and him actually carrying the puck outside when he is entering the zone is no longer a thing, his only move is to stop and turn at the boards. Opposing D will adjust to this.

Reactions: geebaan

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
The Pacific division so far is better than I expected. Vegas has been awesome, the Oilers are the Oilers, and the Kings and the Krakken are solid teams so far. Flames have been good and I think they will pick up.
This is why I am confident in finishing bottom 5 in the league. Every single team in this division is faster and better 5 v 5 than us.

Reactions: mossey3535

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

So they sign Horvat cool. That means they 100% lose Garland and Kuzmenko and replace them with…..cheaper and hopefully just as good players?

Good luck.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
So, if there’s a shake up on the players side, what does that look like? Who goes and who or what do we target? Garland, Boeser or try to unload a big ticket d’man?
How many 1st round picks are you prepared to trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille