GDT: [GM 10] Canucks vs. Devils | Tue., Nov. 1st, 7pm, Sportsnet 360 | Battle of the Hugheses/Reverse Retro Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Because they need to make major changes to the core.

Great he scored 2 goals. After being a complete no show while the score went to 4-0.
I agree with this. I'm talking from a FO/ownership perspective. If they trade him and maximise value, I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but he's a guy who consistently scores goals and wins faceoffs. Plus he's the captain. The likelihood of him being traded rather than re-signed is really low, imo.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Why do people think hes gonna sign here when hes clearly tired of losing and this trainwreck of a franchise
Again, happy to be proven wrong, but if their object is trying to 'retool on the fly' (whatever that means at this point), Horvat stays. They can jettison guys like Garland, Hoglander, potentially Boeser, etc.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
aaa.gif

Reactions: Ozone and mriswith

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I’m completely OK with eating some crow on Horvat, I did not expect this start from him this season, he’s having a really nice season so far.

It’s a shame the team is not

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Ethan Bear looked competent out there.
Then we have OEL who looks like Panda shit, Myers who looks he had an enema, Hughes who still looks injured, Stillman played ok.

thenextone

Mar 19, 2005
New York City
Worst case scenario, Horvat keeps scoring goals and Canucks keep losing. Teams aren’t going to trade for him unless they know he’ll sign with them. He’s a UFA so he has all the leverage. Another wasted asset…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad