Kootenays
Ah yes life as a Canucks fan.

giphy-downsized.gif

giphy-tumblr.gif

Get well soon boys

drivier

Apr 30, 2009
Vancouver
Antoine and Adam "AA" paired with "Shotgun Jake". Yah, all sorts of bad jokes to make there.

That line is destined to be entertaining (good and bad).

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
And so the COVID chaos begins, before the Canucks even hit the airport. Benn is obviously a depth d-man and no great loss; but Miller leaves a huge hole on the lotto line.

But this is only the beginning imo. Once NHL players start traveling; staying in hotels and hitting the airports, the COVID code red is only going to get worse. It wouldn't shock me if the entire NHL schedule south of the border is imperiled pretty quickly.

Interesting to see Gary Bettman in a recent interview, admit that some of the NHL owners wanted nothing to do with another NHL season right now. And it's actually costing them a lot more money to have a season, versus just shutting it down. So the season went ahead only with some serious arm-twisting at the Board of Governors' level.

The Great White North Division is an interesting novelty. But I'm really having a struggle getting up for this season, knowing that chaos could soon reign....and teams might soon behind the eight-ball because nothing more than positive COVID tests.

I see this season as being more of a 'developmental and experimental' season for the Canucks.....plenty of ice-time for the kids and let the chips fall where they may.....then on to the entry draft and next season where hopefully some normalcy is back on tap.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
And so the COVID chaos begins, before the Canucks even hit the airport. Benn is obviously a depth d-man and no great loss; but Miller leaves a huge hole on the lotto line.

But this is only the beginning imo. Once NHL players start traveling; staying in hotels and hitting the airports, the COVID code red is only going to get worse. It wouldn't shock me if the entire NHL schedule south of the border is imperiled pretty quickly.

Interesting to see Gary Bettman in a recent interview, admit that some of the NHL owners wanted nothing to do with another NHL season right now. And it's actually costing them a lot more money to have a season, versus just shutting it down. So the season went ahead only with some serious arm-twisting at the Board of Governors' level.

The Great White North Division is an interesting novelty. But I'm really having a struggle getting up for this season, knowing that chaos could soon reign....and teams might soon behind the eight-ball because nothing more than positive COVID tests.

I see this season as being more of a 'developmental and experimental' season for the Canucks.....plenty of ice-time for the kids and let the chips fall where they may.....then on to the entry draft and next season where hopefully some normalcy is back on tap.
Did Betman mention anything about finishing this season if Covid runs amok?

Reactions: Indiana

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Sounds like Benn was the test and Miller the close contact, as Miller lives with Benn.

Benn sounds like the guy with the positive Covid test, and Miller is his close contact. If another player tests positive over the next couple days this could seriously blow up, and the whole team could be done for two weeks, or more. Might need a limousine sized taxi.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Very good point (RE: unpredictability), although Matthews and McDavid have both already had COVID

Oh, I see @McXLNC97 already addressed that

Athletes are going to be a pretty good case to study potential long term covid affects given how much of their job has to do with physical fitness and how much they're monitored and tested for things like that

Reactions: Indiana

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
Alright...we're off to a smashing start. I'll just fire off the 2021 Draft Thread...

Honestly I think every team is going to get hammered with Covid this year. Under these conditions most of the players will have gotten it by the end of the season, so may as well get it over with.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Can't you get re-infected?

Well at least we have taxi squad Loui

Not all that well studied. There's been like, less than 50 total confirmed reinfections out of nearly 100 million confirmed cases. They're obviously missing some but they're missing a lot of regular infections as well. From a closed environment, there were 3 reinfections out of 1400+ antibody positive healthcare workers over 7 months - and none of the 3 had symptoms.

src: Study of Healthcare Workers Shows COVID-19 Immunity Lasts Many Months

Don't wanna derail the thread with covid discussion so I'd take it to the covid section if I were you, but reinfection isn't much of a scientifically substantiated concern atm. Just wanted to clear that up before too many people read into it a little too much. It can happen but it appears rare from the current evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad