GDT: GM 1 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | 7:00PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Good luck tomorrow @Luckylarry and especially @Ginger Papa

You two are beauties, GP might be one of the funniest and nicest posters on HF. Makes it harder to hate the Canucks with a gem like that.

Hopefully an Oilers victory tomorrow, but frankly just happy to have hockey back and some normalcy in our lives again.
I wish we had Marky between the pipes. Not liking our chances against the high flying Oilers without our MVP net minder.

Reactions: snipes

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
OK...I'm ready for some hockey. Feels like it has been a loooong time.

Hoglander with his first.
Hughes with 2 assists

Holtby with a 27 save, 1 goal game.

empty netter gives Canucks 3-1 win.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon

You two are beauties, GP might be one of the funniest and nicest posters on HF. Makes it harder to hate the Canucks with a gem like that.

Hopefully an Oilers victory tomorrow, but frankly just happy to have hockey back and some normalcy in our lives again.

Don't trust em. It's how they lure you in. :sarcasm:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I wish we had Marky between the pipes. Not liking our chances against the high flying Oilers without our MVP net minder.

The Canucks have tended to play us pretty well during the Green era. I think it's going to be a very close game, some of these games are going to get ****ing heated with the teams playing each other so frequently. A rabid fan base (although not present at the games) plus extremely partisan local media should add further fuel to the fire in the Canada Cup division.

I for one welcome the chaos and intensity in hockey, hope we see lots of skill and physicality within the rules from both teams tomorrow. Hockey gives us some sense of normalcy in these crazy times, like the rest of you guys I'm just happy to have it back more than anything.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

Back at you @snipes .
You were a class act during the WJC’s . Hopefully both our Teams end up in the Playoffs but not as first round opponents.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana and snipes

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

All the best this year Snipes, something to get your mind out of that horrific Seahawks game against the Rams.

I’m still not over it, smh.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
All the best this year Snipes, something to get your mind out of that horrific Seahawks game against the Rams.

I’m still not over it, smh.

Buddy I am still salty about that one, could barely even watch the remaining games I was so disgusted by that performance.

Trade Russ for Deshaun Watson at this point, tired of Russ choking since 2014 in the playoffs.

Reactions: Luckylarry

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Buddy I am still salty about that one, could barely even watch the remaining games I was so disgusted by that performance.

Trade Russ for Deshaun Watson at this point, tired of Russ choking since 2014 in the playoffs.

Ahh I think it’s more in the play calling than anything. Upgrade over Brian Schottenheimer, he was playing way too much Marty Ball.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
aw, now i wish they brought out the Canada Cup as the prize for winning the Northern Division playoffs. the original, 95-pound trophy made of solid nickel

It's never too late, get the other Mods on HF to agree, everyone pitch in a dollar, and we can build a beautiful HF Canada Cup 2021 and send it to the winning club.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Don't trust em. It's how they lure you in. :sarcasm:

Look at what @Ginger Papa has already done, I'm in here chiming cordially with you guys like I'm some kind of traitor. Kill them with kindness eh GP? lol

Anyways, I think we're meant to get our hate on before the game, kind of the calm before the storm right now. I'll leave you lads to it.

I'm expecting that Kermit meme tomorrow on the mains GP. You know the one I'm talking about. Cheers, hockey is back tomorrow and I can't ****ing wait.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

I’d make that deal for sure. Isn’t Watson 10 years younger, and still getting better? I met RW at UBC golf course several years ago. He’s surprisingly short. He reminded me of Matt Dunnigan (in stature) who I ran into training on the track at SFU back in the day.

Reactions: Indiana and snipes

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
No Miller in practice this morning, so that’s not a good start for your number 2. Any team needing this many things to break well is (imo) in for a disappointing season.
Those were very doable items. Hughes, Miller will not slump, one of those three should play well. The goaltending is the only question there but it is for everyteam. There could be other positive surprises or negatives as well.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Dhaliwal reporting that Michaelis going to Edmonton and on the taxi squad. Awesome news. I think he is a serious candidate for 3C.

Reactions: Nucker101

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Man people are really making a thing out of what Brock said? No wonder so many players hate playing in Canada, I’ll laugh and shake my head if the media asks him about it during the next chance they get.

Reactions: Indiana and lousy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad