GDT: GM 1 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | 7:00PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Sounds like from rumblings on Twitter that Miller may not be able to go tomorrow night. Virtanen skated in his place on the top line in practice, and MacEwen filled in Virtanen's spot, making the lines...

Boeser - Pettersson - Virtanen
Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander
Roussel - Gaudette - MacEwen
Motte - Beagle - Sutter

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Sounds like from rumblings on Twitter that Miller may not be able to go tomorrow night. Virtanen skated in his place on the top line in practice, and MacEwen filled in Virtanen's spot, making the lines...

Boeser - Pettersson - Virtanen
Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander
Roussel - Gaudette - MacEwen
Motte - Beagle - Sutter
Ya, guys on the radio were talking about that this morning. We are hooped without JT. This could be an ugly one in Oil country, like we used to see back in the early/mid 80’s. No Marky. No Tanev, and no Miller. :help:

Reactions: Ginger Papa

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
well that's an ouch.

can you ltir someone on a 14 day covid isolation protocol? they're healthy but expected to miss 10 days.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

If they have Covid, I hope they both recover, best wishes

As for the Roster:
Yikes, And our depth is already awful.

Losing Miller is a big blow, for sure, but I don't think it puts our roster in crisis mode yet. And at least MacEwen will get some game action.

I don't think Benn was slotted to play tomorrow anyway, as it seems like Juolevi has leap frogged him on the depth chart.

Still - rotten news for the two of them to be out for a bit. Hopefully they're alright.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i was expecting benn to start on the right side until hamonic had a few practices and was game ready. now they either rush hamonic or start rafferty.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

If they have Covid, I hope they both recover, best wishes

As for the Roster:
Yikes, And our depth is already awful.

That stinks...thats 8 games...They probably don't have it, just precautionary..Better to be safe than sorry, though....Just he way it is.
248F8AD4-232A-4568-B54A-1310E0269366.gif

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Losing Miller is a big blow, for sure, but I don't think it puts our roster in crisis mode yet. And at least MacEwen will get some game action.

I don't think Benn was slotted to play tomorrow anyway, as it seems like Juolevi has leap frogged him on the depth chart.

Still - rotten news for the two of them to be out for a bit. Hopefully they're alright.

I don’t know, taking basically one of our MVP forward out for 8 games makes the forward group look way less effective. And losing our only NHL depth on defence doesn’t help either.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I don’t know, taking basically one of our MVP forward out for 8 games makes the forward group look way less effective. And losing our only NHL depth on defence doesn’t help either.
Green must be pissed he doesn’t have a new contract, because he’s got to know his team is way WAY worse now than in that bubble. No Marky, Tanev, or Tofu. Now no Miller. Can we say
Green just might be the first coach let go this season? Seriously, without Miller (and no Marky stealing games) we could very easily go 0-8 for that stretch. How much losing before JB has to pull the old “change the coach” try to salvage the year?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Green must be pissed he doesn’t have a new contract, because he’s got to know his team is way WAY worse now than in that bubble. No Marky, Tanev, or Tofu. Now no Miller. Can we say
Green just might be the first coach let go this season? Seriously, without Miller (and no Marky stealing games) we could very easily go 0-8 for that stretch. How much losing before JB has to pull the old “change the coach” try to salvage the year?

what in tarnation.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
It says a lot about our roster construction if losing one 1st line player is what makes us go 0-8 but I don't think it's that dire. We can go .500. For all we know tomorrow McDavid or Matthews could have covid. This year is just so wild.

Hope Miller and Benn recover with no lingering effects.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
It says a lot about our roster construction if losing one 1st line player is what makes us go 0-8 but I don't think it's that dire. We can go .500. For all we know tomorrow McDavid or Matthews could have covid. This year is just so wild.

Hope Miller and Benn recover with no lingering effects.

McDavid and Matthews have both already had Covid.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Hopefully Miller and Benn are ok. This suck though; just the Canucks luck to lose one of their best player for the first couple weeks in a shorter condensed season. Although, at least it not as bad as Dallas' situation where more than half of their roster got gutted due to COVID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad