GDT: GM 1 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | 7:00PM PST | SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Maaaan I'm so excited for the season to start... but no JT Miller for 8 games makes me super sad.... Why Benn why......

Reactions: Indiana

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Not all that well studied. There's been like, less than 50 total confirmed reinfections out of nearly 100 million confirmed cases. They're obviously missing some but they're missing a lot of regular infections as well. From a closed environment, there were 3 reinfections out of 1400+ antibody positive healthcare workers over 7 months - and none of the 3 had symptoms.

src: Study of Healthcare Workers Shows COVID-19 Immunity Lasts Many Months

Don't wanna derail the thread with covid discussion so I'd take it to the covid section if I were you, but reinfection isn't much of a scientifically substantiated concern atm. Just wanted to clear that up before too many people read into it a little too much. It can happen but it appears rare from the current evidence.

Reinfection generally being asymptomatic means it generally would not result in a retest.

I doubt there's been any large scale tests of asymptomatic individuals like sports leagues will provide.

Re-infection is definitely a risk that is not to be discounted.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Really need to avoid stumbling out of the gate in a 56-game season. Not a lot of runway to get back into the picture if you dig yourself into an early hole. Especially when every single game is a divisional game, and the out of town scoreboard doesn't really matter because someone will pick up 2 points in your division every single game.

Last edited:

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Really need to avoid stumbling out of the gate in a 56-game season. Not a lot of runway to get back into the picture if you dig yourself into an early hole.

Doesn’t help when our leading scorer last season gets COVID before game 1.

These players should not be permitted to stay together right now. Had he got a hotel room, or something, he’d be playing right now. We should do our best to limit these close contacts between multiple players. That means no group dinner, staying with each other, etc. It could save our season.

Ottobot

Aug 9, 2020
Miller going to miss more games than Benn should even play this season. Can only laugh about it.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Not all that well studied. There's been like, less than 50 total confirmed reinfections out of nearly 100 million confirmed cases. They're obviously missing some but they're missing a lot of regular infections as well. From a closed environment, there were 3 reinfections out of 1400+ antibody positive healthcare workers over 7 months - and none of the 3 had symptoms.

src: Study of Healthcare Workers Shows COVID-19 Immunity Lasts Many Months

Don't wanna derail the thread with covid discussion so I'd take it to the covid section if I were you, but reinfection isn't much of a scientifically substantiated concern atm. Just wanted to clear that up before too many people read into it a little too much. It can happen but it appears rare from the current evidence.

~2% re-infection rate according to Pfizer vaccine trial, albeit underpowered to draw solid conclusions. Antibody levels not measured.

https://www.fda.gov/media/144245/download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad