Glendale: Still incompetent, and now attemping to wiggle out of the lease (Post 200)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
The NHL (or any sports league) doesn't operate on normal business logic. Vegas is very likely, should the Coyotes end up moving. It will be a market that would love a team that isn't an expansion team, and would come cheaply. It's an escape hatch market.

If normal business logic doesn't matter, then Vegas has no advantage over any other market. If it does matter, Vegas is a loser.

Vegas isn't even a good escape hatch market - pick any of the others discussed. Hell, Milwaukee would even be better, and it isn't even in the conversation. You could move any team to the Bradley center and instantly have higher attendance than Winnipeg.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Stopped reading at "There ought to be more NHL teams in Canada", so I literally stopped reading after the first sentence.

There definitely should be more teams in Canada. Quebec and Ontario could easily support a team.

Matzel

Jul 26, 2003
You could move any team to the Bradley center and instantly have higher attendance than Winnipeg.

Could you charge as much per ticket?! (for example - 2015 Jets playoff tickets went for an average price of ~$200/seat)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Good. Because individual sports writers do NOT stand for all things Canadian.

And I am not even Canadian... ;)

I'm Canadian, but I can not stand stand most of the sports writers. Most of their columns are so full of ----.

Fallenone

Mar 29, 2012
Not before Las Vegas, Houston, and Mexico City. ;)

True That. Just how many Canadian cities can support a NHL Team? I really have doubts about QC. Couldn't before. And as the Dollar equal out, as it has. Even Canadian Players rather not play there. Please don't say this City or that City deserves a Team. Can They Support a Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad