Glendale: Still incompetent, and now attemping to wiggle out of the lease (Post 200)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
...aaaaaaaaaaand here they are:

Most interesting part is Fortress being out of the picture. I'm wondering if Barroway and Co. refinanced under the NHL credit line, getting rid of the FIG debt?

Oh well. If they move, they move. I don't care anymore. It will have been very likely that the NHL approved of IA and Barroway as stewards, knowing full well that they intended to move the team, if a move does indeed happen.

Not worth worrying about.

Rink Rage

May 2, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Well, the gray for me is the losses. The ownership dragged their feet when it came to releasing those numbers. And I find it hard to believe you can make money without fans like ownership says they can.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You can't report accurate information related to the team's financial status when the reporter doesn't have the financials or the audit to observe.

It's like a blind man trying to describe what the Mona Lisa looks like.

Having said that, the Coyotes are in serious financial difficulties, just how bad I don't know. My personal opinion is they will demonstrate loses that can trigger the out clause, and ownership will evaluate all possible options, from staying, to moving elsewhere in Phoenix, to relocation to another city.

I expect it will be rinse and repeat on the relocation drama is three years. Frankly, I don't care anymore. I am going to detach from this team if they don't start playing entertaining hockey, well before the threat of relocation becomes a imminent subject of discussion.

You said it yourself, the reporter doesn't have the financials or the audit to back up his claim, yet you say the Coyotes are in serious financial difficulties. You have no idea, just like the rest of us, what their financial situation is.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Oh well. If they move, they move. I don't care anymore. It will have been very likely that the NHL approved of IA and Barroway as stewards, knowing full well that they intended to move the team, if a move does indeed happen.

Yeah, after we got ****ed in the lottery, I pretty much stop caring about ownership too. If they stay and become a really good team, great. If they don't, and end up moving, oh well.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
There is really no new development here. Is there? Some bored, inaccurate and inadequate reporter posted an article with more errors than facts. Whoop-dee-doo...

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
There is really no new development here. Is there? Some bored, inaccurate and inadequate reporter posted an article with more errors than facts. Whoop-dee-doo...

Yet, everyone is getting their ---- in a knot. Can't anybody form their own opinion? They believe everything they read.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

If the city wants out of the lease, they'll probably get it, and the team will be gone. Same thing happened to Atlanta.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If the city wants out of the lease, they'll probably get it, and the team will be gone. Same thing happened to Atlanta.

Yeah, the team will move to a new facility in Scottsdale and leave the --------in Glendale high and dry.:nod:

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
What? Please explain, I don't understand.

Bad joke i should've probably explained a little more.

Bored, ignorant, Canadian media dude is probably sitting in the direction of the red arrow. Looking out his window towards the direction of Arizona.

The light blue lines are his line of sight.

Looking at Arizona, from Canada, Glendale is East of Phoenix.

l117bun

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Most interesting part is Fortress being out of the picture. I'm wondering if Barroway and Co. refinanced under the NHL credit line, getting rid of the FIG debt?

Pretty much. If they leave, then whatever. I'll have 82 days a year to do something else with my life.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

It was always believed the Barroway purchase would retire the Fortress loan.

There should be a public record that the owners directed Glendale to send the payments to another business entity when that happened.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
That was one of the key benefits of bringing in an American owner like Barroway, right? Pay down Fortress and get a better interest rate on a different line of credit? Right?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That was one of the key benefits of bringing in an American owner like Barroway, right? Pay down Fortress and get a better interest rate on a different line of credit? Right?

Yes, and better tax advantages.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That pretty much sums up my reaction. You have to do a hell of a lot better than this if you want to scare us Coyotes fans. We're battle tested now. This person's effort was pathetic at best.

You better read these posts then.:) Some sound like their scared ----less.
I'm with you, been there done that, not worried at all.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

For those who don't follow along in BoH much. Two things happened when Andrew Barroway bought in..

1) It moved the Coyotes from a Canadian based ownership to an American one (and eliminated paying any corporate taxes to Canada on US-based loans.)

2) It allowed IA to use move the major portion financing from Fortress over to the NHL's $2 billion+ line of credit, which is estimated to be about half the interest rate Fortress usually charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad