Aug 7, 2009
Bennett's PP production last year:

2 40% BENNETT,B - CROSBY,S - KUNITZ,C - NEAL,J
1 20% BENNETT,B - IGINLA,J - JOKINEN,J - KUNITZ,C
1 20% BENNETT,B - CROSBY,S - SUTTER,B
1 20% BENNETT,B - KENNEDY,T - SUTTER,B

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
For those of you obsessed with stats, Adams has more career points than Bennett, Gibbons, and Megna combined. So using that logic, lets put him on Crosby's RW. :sarcasm:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Interesting how I chose to read that. 44 P pace. That's Staal territory. $6milx10yr here we come :)

How did you first read that? :laugh:

Here's a list of the top 20 rookies in terms of PPG from last season. I only used ones that played at least 20 games.

1. Yakupov - .65PPG
2. Huberdeau - .65PPG
3. Gallagher - .64PPG
4. Conacher - .62PPG
5. Saad - .59PPG
6. Schultz - .56PPG
7. Galchenyuk - .56PPG
8. Bennett - .54PPG
9. Killorn - .50PPG
10. Tarasenko - .50PPG
11. Baertschi - .50PPG
12. Zibanejad - .48PPG
13. Wiercioch - .45PPG
14. Flynn - .42PPG
15. Barrie - .41PPG
16. Silverberg - .40PPG
17. Foligno - .38PPG
18. Hamilton - .38PPG
19. Coyle - .38PPG
20. Panik - .36PPG

The only player on that list that averaged less ice time per game is #20 Richard Panik. In order, the 7 players ahead of him averaged 14:33, 16:55, 13:51, 13:58, 16:27, 21:26, and 12:19. (Only Galchenyuk and Saad had less PP time)

Bennett averaged 12:18 per game. Young forwards that are thought of very highly like Tarasenko (13:24TOI), Zibanejad (13:33TOI), Silfverberg (16:13TOI), and Coyle (15:03TOI) had less points per game despite averaging between 1 and 4 more minutes.

Also, last year he did not have a point in his first 4 games. In the next 22, the only time he went more than one game without getting a point was when he went pointless in the final two games of the season. So he showed the ability to produce, and do so consistently.

For some reason though (and I'm not talking about you specifically) some are putting a lot of weight into this season where he has been struggling (for various reasons), but ignoring the success he had last season.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
You've just cracked the mystery of Bylsma.

He probably factors in the number of teams a player has played for as well.

Apparently it's how some of the posters in this thread think too. Since Bennett hasn't lit up the world statistically in his limited playing time, he's already been labeled a bust. :shakehead

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Apparently it's how some of the posters in this thread think too. Since Bennett hasn't lit up the world statistically in his limited playing time, he's already been labeled a bust. :shakehead

I thought he was a bust because of injuries? Now there's two reasons? God damn it.

Can we agree on NOTHING!?!?! :rant:

It's too soon to know if he's a bust or not, just like it's too soon to call him a success. We're getting antsy because of the whole mess with this team. Shero's being a meanie.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Have to jump in here late - as usual. Bennett has such a high upside, way way higher than two of my fav Pens, Gibbons & Megna , who I want to never see sent down again.

That said, Beau was a much better player last year than what he showed in his limited action this season. Slow start, sophomore slump, call it what you will, but he was not locked into his game early in the season as he was last year after the excellent coaching he received and utilized at WBS.

Hopefully he returns as that player ( a couple weeks in the A over the break would probably help) from last season.

Not to be condissending, but a lot of fans have a hard time distinguishing past performance with present, and the high upside Bennett showed last year that earned him a 1st line tryout this season.

If the injuries have indeed been flukes, and he can get back in the zone from last season when he was a complete player, and a magician with the puck, our Crosby line problems are solved IMO.

Malkin112*

TEiEheI.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad