Post-Game Talk: Glass Ceilings Being Shattered! Pens-3, Buf-uh,0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SidGenoMario

Apr 10, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
See, we're back on the right side of the win column, this is why you shouldn't have gotten so mad over the Dallas loss! You can't win all of 'em! This team is still elite. Top of the East, natch

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
See, we're back on the right side of the win column, this is why you shouldn't have gotten so mad over the Dallas loss! You can't win all of 'em! This team is still elite. Top of the East, natch

I'll have a double.

penguins2946*

+Glass and Engelland on the bottom line. I really hope DB uses Glass-Vitale-Engelland
+Crosby got 2 points
+Gibbons potentially a solution on our top line for this year
+Maatta and Niskanen
+Fleury

-JMN looked like crap
-Orpik sucks
-Orpik sucking brought Martin down
-We should have scored more

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
The only line DB should be allowed to tinker with is Geno's right now.
Gibbons or Megna should be playing with Sid. Engo plugged into the 4th line. No Kobasew or Ebbett out west please and i think we got a chance.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+Glass and Engelland on the bottom line. I really hope DB uses Glass-Vitale-Engelland
+Crosby got 2 points
+Gibbons potentially a solution on our top line for this year
+Maatta and Niskanen
+Fleury

-JMN looked like crap
-Orpik sucks
-Orpik sucking brought Martin down
-We should have scored more

The rest of it is par for the course, but the highlighted part is (a) predictable, (b) disconcerting, and (c) inevitable in terms of one of the things that will be this team's undoing in the playoffs.

The only line DB should be allowed to tinker with is Geno's right now.
Gibbons or Megna should be playing with Sid. Engo plugged into the 4th line. No Kobasew or Ebbett out west please and i think we got a chance.

Curiously, that is the only line with which he will NOT tinker right now.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Well we won. Crosby played well. Fleury got the shutout. I don't know if anyone played bad (other than Orpik) but the only other player I was impressed by tonight was Megna. Letang definitely looked better tonight and I like forward Engelland.

The third period was really sloppy though.

LaughAtMyPain

'91 '92 '09 '16 '17
Oct 26, 2013
JMN looked like terribad. If we got scored on, then it would have definitely been against that line. The only thing that line did was win 11 of 13 faceoffs.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
+ Glass and Pyatt were both good tonight. Engelland too in limited ice time.
+ MAF
+ Megna has speed to burn, looked good tonight.
+ Sid
+ Letang, Scuderi, Niskanen were all really solid.

= Gibbons looked good with the puck on his stick in the offensive zone, but he definitely needs to get stronger. I like the skill though.

- Martin had a rare off-night.

Not much to this one. The Sabres are brutal and we executed well.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Uninspired effort, Pens didn't care.

I do like the third line however. I'm starting to see some hope for the team.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I'll take this time finally managing to not blow a shutout, even if it is only against Buffalo.

And yes, yes, I know, regular season, doesn't matter, they'll get destroyed by Boston once the playoffs come around. Same old song and dance.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Uninspired effort, Pens didn't care.

I do like the third line however. I'm starting to see some hope for the team.

The hope is that we stay healthy and Kobasew and Ebbett never see a lick of ice time again. For me anyway.

ETA: When Vitale/Bennett return. You healthy scratch Engo and keep the better of Gibbons or Megna up.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
tumblr_m01bbjIsOW1r4orlio1_500.gif

+ Fleury shutout #4
+ Engelland
+ Gibbons
+ 3rd line
+ Winning when they should

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Lol. Always enjoyable to see posters watch different games. I didn't even see the game tonight, so I'm not sure who to believe.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Ha...seriously most of you don't deserve to see the pens win another cup. If/when they do, you'll be back to being giddy little school girls acting like you never complained non stop about every shift of every regular season game.

Pens have their problems . Not winning since 09 with the two best players in the world, we have definitely reached must win territory . But it amazes me how some of you torture yourselves watching the worst team in the league play every night. Your favorite part of game days are when the line combos are announced, so you can do what you do best. It's pretty funny

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
++ good game for letang, stable poised, he is going to be amazing
++ flower
+sid and kunitz
+glass
-geno and neal, neal was especially bad, geno picked up in the third, but there was no flow, just not there
everything else - meh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad