Recalled/Assigned: Glass and Kampfer recalled

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Proves the point even more. Pirri is not needed when they have 10 other forwards in the lineup with better skills and three way play. Glass is unfortunately the internal option for grit but I am willing to give it a shot. BUT...BUT! When everybody is healthy and they are playing G1 in the PO, Glass better be ridin pine because if he sits Buchnevich then a first round sweep wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
3 way play?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
we just gonna act like this isn't as much on the players as it is the coach/GM?

No one did a god damn thing when our goalie got headshotted and no one did a damn thing when our lead scorer got molested by a goon. that's a ****ing joke.

inb4 Vignuts doesn't allow players to retaliate and stand up for one another.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
we just gonna act like this isn't as much on the players as it is the coach/GM?

No one did a god damn thing when our goalie got headshotted and no one did a damn thing when our lead scorer got molested by a goon.

inb4 Vignuts doesn't allow players to retaliate and stand up for one another.
You and I have different standards for molestation.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Why didn't Miller stick up for himself? I don't think this is an inappropriate question to ask.

Also, if you get an instigator penalty with less than 5 minutes to go in the third, isn't that an automatic one-game suspension?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
You and I have different standards for molestation.

lets not detract from the point that if that was any other team, a teammate would have stepped in and confronted Ott (like they should have)

(im not in the locker room/office but I assume) that's the main reason why this dude was called up

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Why didn't Miller stick up for himself? I don't think this is an inappropriate question to ask.

Also, if you get an instigator penalty with less than 5 minutes to go in the third, isn't that an automatic one-game suspension?

He's a star player and Ott is a fighter?

As for the bolded, team got dominated and embarassed at home and up 4-1 an enforcer goons it up against the teams leading scorer, you really think this was/should have been on anyones mind?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
lets not detract from the point that if that was any other team, a teammate would have stepped in and confronted Ott (like they should have)

(im not in the locker room/office but I assume) that's the main reason why this dude was called up
Who was on the ice with him? Sincerely asking, I don't know.

I think there's definitely some players who would have, and I think anyone should have (though Ott talking to Miller isn't the worst thing that's happened to this team). But I'm having a tough time seeing how 8 minutes of Tanner prevents this.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Who was on the ice with him? Sincerely asking, I don't know.

I think there's definitely some players who would have, and I think anyone should have (though Ott talking to Miller isn't the worst thing that's happened to this team). But I'm having a tough time seeing how 8 minutes of Tanner prevents this.

Can't wait for the excuses if somebody on the Rangers gets run tonight with Glass playing.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

Thought so.

He's a star player and Ott is a fighter?

As for the bolded, team got dominated and embarassed at home and up 4-1 an enforcer goons it up against the teams leading scorer, you really think this was/should have been on anyones mind?

Sure, but has Miller ever shied away from anyone? I'm not blaming JT, but his conscious decision to do nothing was the same as the other 4 skaters on the ice in that moment.

Yes, I do think that was on the players' minds. And it likely should be, too. What good are you doing your team getting yourself suspended for a game when you're losing 4-1 and there's thirty seconds left? That's why the rule is in place.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Deterence doesn't exist, we get that. Tanner Glass' prescense or wont' prevent anything. It's the RESPONSE AFTER, that matters. Showing your teammates you got their back and ****. No, I don't agree with tanner being in the lineup, they should be able to handle that amongst themselves.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Thought so.

Sure, but has Miller ever shied away from anyone? I'm not blaming JT, but his conscious decision to do nothing was the same as the other 4 skaters on the ice in that moment.

Yes, I do think that was on the players' minds. And it likely should be, too. What good are you doing your team getting yourself suspended for a game when you're losing 4-1 and there's thirty seconds left? That's why the rule is in place.

Ott was out for blood and would have dropped the gloves before or right with the prospective 'instigator' even would have. So it woulnd't have been a penalty?

asking seriously because I don't know the specifics of the rule.

Maybe not according to the rule, but Ott literally was the 'instigator' trying to start a fight with JT or anyone who might respond on his behalf.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Ott was out for blood and would have dropped the gloves before or right with the prospective 'instigator' even would have. So it woulnd't have been a penalty?

No idea. Probably at the discretion of the refs. I'd imagine that if Ott and Miller were tangled up a bit, as they were, and a third guy came in, that an NHL official would have no reason not to give that third player an instigator.

But this is hilarious, really. Calling up Glass has removed all of the narrative that should've been on that game (ie. the Rangers being ****ing terrible and AV getting outcoached, again), and put it all on "team toughness".

This team is straight up broken, and we're calling up Tanner Glass, and playing Kampfer over Clendening.

Is this real life?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
This team has been having some issues with energy level over the past little while. Sometimes seeing a teammate going all out can charge a team up. Hope it works for the short-term because they are not playing well.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

Instigator in the last 5 min is (basically) an automatic 1 game. Likely would not have called an instigator in that situation unless Ott had straight up jumped Miller. If Miller drops first it's just a fight.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Can't wait for the excuses if somebody on the Rangers gets run tonight with Glass playing.

I highly doubt anyone says Glass playing will stop all Rangers from getting run. That would be like saying having a neighborhood cop will stop all crime.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Instigator in the last 5 min is (basically) an automatic 1 game. Likely would not have called an instigator in that situation unless Ott had straight up jumped Miller. If Miller drops first it's just a fight.

Not for Ott/Miller, but a third Ranger jumping in there. Wouldn't be a third-man-in because not a fight. Could be an instigator, though.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
No idea. Probably at the discretion of the refs. I'd imagine that if Ott and Miller were tangled up a bit, as they were, and a third guy came in, that an NHL official would have no reason not to give that third player an instigator.

But this is hilarious, really. Calling up Glass has removed all of the narrative that should've been on that game (ie. the Rangers being ****ing terrible and AV getting outcoached, again), and put it all on "team toughness".

This team is straight up broken, and we're calling up Tanner Glass, and playing Kampfer over Clendening.

Is this real life?

The latter is the real tragedy. A 4th liner who sees the ice for a 7-8 minutes won't hurt you as much as a defenseman who needs to step into an already depleted dcore.

As much hate as TG gets, I would like to see him succeed even if thats a near impossibllity. Seems like lots of posters want him to fail regardless of being an impact player or not.

Hrivik should have been called up and Pirri should have been scrated. Inb4 Tanner pots a G and gets a few more games (read: whole rest of season)

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

Is this real life?

Plenty of people in this thread making the point that it's less about toughness than it is about energy level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad