Recalled/Assigned: Glass and Kampfer recalled

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
LOL do I really have to read a "study" by a writer named Skinny Fish? That made my day. Let me get back to you. I heard Fat Whale has a good study that I would like to read first. :D

All whales are fat and therefore your argument is invalid.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
So AV finally has his boy in the lineup. From here on out, it won't matter if Glass is good or awful, he will "bring that element" that AV wants and his place in the lineup will guaranteed.

This will eventually lead to Buchnevich being scratched and AV running:

Kreider-Stepan-Zucc
Vesey-Zib-Nash
Grabner-Hayes-Miller
Glass-Lindberg-Fast

Glass will be an automatic on that 4th line because AV will say he fits that role better than Pavel.

Completely abandoning the style that made this team good in the beginning of the season: having 4 skilled and dangerous lines. Doesn't matter if PB or Pirri doesn't fit the mold of a typical 4th liner, they bring skill and can score. This creates matchup problems and allows the coach to roll 4 lines all capable of scoring, which last time I checked, is the ultimate goal in hockey: score more than the other team.

I feel like it's Groundhog Day, making these same points again. I've been posting an iteration of this same post continually since 2015 in regards to Glass. I thought AV turned the corner, but no. Game 65, he's back to his old reliable.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
He has been down in the AHL for how long?

I understand the 'fear' of Tanner staying up with the team (which I couldn't care less if he stays with the team as long as he doesn't play) but I just don't see it as a realistic scenario.

Maybe I'm naive?

You aren't naive. The same people thought that Glass was going to end up on the roster at the beginning of this season.

There isn't exactly a lot of variability in quality when you're talking about 14th and lower on the healthy depth chart. The way Pirri has been playing for a month or more now, he's not an NHL player either. But when the whole team is healthy, he's not in the lineup either.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015

I dont think he will make us better at all but he is a likable guy off the ice. Hopefully he can contribute in some way for us. Im not even mad about it because i just dont think its realistic for us to go very deep in the playoffs anyway. With or without Glass.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

I dont think he will make us better at all but he is a likable guy off the ice. Hopefully he can contribute in some way for us. Im not even mad about it because i just dont think its realistic for us to go very deep in the playoffs anyway. With or without Glass.

In theory, it seems like Glass-Lindberg-Pirri line could be a decent 4th line.

Glass to bang bodies and jar pucks loose on the forecheck, Lindberg as the all around support guy, Pirri as the finisher.

Clearly, Fast >> Glass and Fast > anyone on the 4th line but it would be nice to see him have success on the 4th line until Fast comes back.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Kampfer has looked more competent at both ends of the ice in his two games with the big club than he has all season with Hartford. Which pisses me off, because there's a trend in Hartford where the NHL veterans​ that are down there generally underperform and loaf around, and Company Man Ken seems to be okay with it.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Kampfer has looked more competent at both ends of the ice in his two games with the big club than he has all season with Hartford. Which pisses me off, because there's a trend in Hartford where the NHL veterans​ that are down there generally underperform and loaf around, and Company Man Ken seems to be okay with it.

Agreed. He has looked pretty solid back there. A bit undersized but strong on his skates, good skater, handles the puck well, makes smart plays in the offensive zone and plays a surprisingly feisty game. On top of all of that his mobility on the back end really fits this team well and he's a RD.

Color me impressed at this point. If he can continue to play like this and I'm Gorton I try and re-sign him for next year. He's a nice depth piece and should be inexpensive. No downside.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Curious to see his advanced stats as far as shots allowed, scoring chances, anything important in the Florida games…anyone not half as ignant as I care to help and post?

He looked pretty good to me, wanna know how it translates...

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Curious to see his advanced stats as far as shots allowed, scoring chances, anything important in the Florida games…anyone not half as ignant as I care to help and post?

He looked pretty good to me, wanna know how it translates...

14 for
13 against

+1
14/(14+13)=52% CF%

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY

Hopefully he can contribute......year 3. He's sucked his whole career and that won't change as he gets older. 1 career best game doesn't change that.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Agreed. He has looked pretty solid back there. A bit undersized but strong on his skates, good skater, handles the puck well, makes smart plays in the offensive zone and plays a surprisingly feisty game. On top of all of that his mobility on the back end really fits this team well and he's a RD.

Color me impressed at this point. If he can continue to play like this and I'm Gorton I try and re-sign him for next year. He's a nice depth piece and should be inexpensive. No downside.

Keep Kampfer and Clendo

Throw Girardi into the sun

Do who cares with Holden and Klein

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad