Recalled/Assigned: Glass and Kampfer recalled

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Deterence doesn't exist, we get that. Tanner Glass' prescense or wont' prevent anything. It's the RESPONSE AFTER, that matters. Showing your teammates you got their back and ****. No, I don't agree with tanner being in the lineup, they should be able to handle that amongst themselves.
This question is for anyone:

Looking back at his time so far (welp) with the Rangers, do you remember a lot of responses to liberties being taken? He's played 146 games, there should be lots if the way some people talk about him is remotely accurate.

People are getting upset about no response to Ott getting in Miller's personal bubble. There was no response to Miller getting cross-checked to the neck by Byfuglien, either, and Glass was dressed that game.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Yes, but like, even more so than the players.

The leadership.
The coaches.
The FO staff.

This is not a good look for anyone on, or employed by, the Rangers right now.

Well, look. I sort of agree. But every team has players that drive the pace of the team on the ice. This season, it's been Fast and Grabner. Both are hurt. No one stepped up to help with that role in their absence, despite having players capable of doing so (Miller, Kreider, Zibanejad). The main thing isn't that it falls squarely on the players, it's that it largely falls on them.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
If the core leadership group can't get this team ready to play, maybe it's time to remove them from the team. I think this is all a ******** excuse for the Rangers just not being good enough

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Again, if you need to bring in Tanner Glass to up your team's energy level, then your team is absolutely, positively, fundamentally flawed.

yeah we are not playing our best lately

but jeez he's the 12th forward,
IMHO there is nothing particularly telling or important about the 12th F
ever

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Does anyone know who was on the ice with Miller? I can't find anything on NHL.com anymore...

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
This question is for anyone:

Looking back at his time so far (welp) with the Rangers, do you remember a lot of responses to liberties being taken? He's played 146 games, there should be lots if the way some people talk about him is remotely accurate.

People are getting upset about no response to Ott getting in Miller's personal bubble. There was no response to Miller getting cross-checked to the neck by Byfuglien, either, and Glass was dressed that game.

I don't know, I am sure if you go back and look at the context behind some of his fights, you'll find ones where he was sticking up for a questionable hit or someone running around on a teammate(s).

Again I don't agree with this dude being in the lineup. He's just not a good hockey player.

The lack of responses to certain incidents like the Eakin one is a little alarming but this guy is indeed not the resolution.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
If the core leadership group can't get this team ready to play, maybe it's time to remove them from the team. I think this is all a ******** excuse for the Rangers just not being good enough

You ever think that those of us believing the teams energy level is too low think that it's part of the team not being good enough?

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
I highly doubt anyone says Glass playing will stop all Rangers from getting run. That would be like saying having a neighborhood cop will stop all crime.

Oh good, one goon isn't enough. We need to have goons up and down the lineup. That'll make us contenders.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Oh good, one goon isn't enough. We need to have goons up and down the lineup. That'll make us contenders.

I do not remember saying that but since you seem like such an honest poster I must have said it.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
I do not remember saying that but since you seem like such an honest poster I must have said it.

By all means, explain what you meant with your police analogy if it wasn't that we need multiple tough guys in the lineup.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
By all means, explain what you meant with your police analogy if it wasn't that we need multiple tough guys in the lineup.

Do you really not understand? Police hopefully help reduce crime but that does not mean that they prevent all crime. That is not me saying we need more police. That is me understanding the difference between reducing and eliminating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad