Friedman: Giroux's preference is to be traded to Florida rather than Colorado or other contenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
More like FL is excessively crowded, hot, humid and has tons of snakes and cockroaches. Plus TFG and your gov being there leaves a lot to be desired. That’s for starters. But the good part is I wouldn’t be there so you have it to yourself even though I actually admire the Panthers.
That's why the mass influx of people moving there and THE vacation destination in the US, huh? lol cracks me up.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
If they aren't getting offers he really shouldn't be this picky. As long as they are a contender he should be content. If not just rot in Philly.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
No, he's not reportedly available. At least that hasn't been reported by anywhere reputable.
He also painted a picture in the Marek show today in which he believes Provorov might be the one to go.

He said they just signed Risto to an extension and Sanheim has been paired with Risto for most of this year so he said it wouldnt make sense to sign one and change the other.

So he said he could see a scenario where Provorov is the one to go.

Perhaps I misheard, but on the previous 32 Thoughts he mentioned Sanheim may be available due to Philly reworking the D again, which it was reported the Risto signing would signal. He's said that Provorov would likely be on the move. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, not like it'll have any bearing on reality anyway. Point still stands, overall. Zito will look into every option available to improve the team heading into the playoffs.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Perhaps I misheard, but on the previous 32 Thoughts he mentioned Sanheim may be available due to Philly reworking the D again, which it was reported the Risto signing would signal. He's said that Provorov would likely be on the move. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, not like it'll have any bearing on reality anyway. Point still stands, overall. Zito will look into every option available to improve the team heading into the playoffs.
That was all speculation and musing. I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually happens, but I wouldn't take it as them being available and shopped right now. They'd cost you more than Giroux would.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
That was all speculation and musing. I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually happens, but I wouldn't take it as them being available and shopped right now. They'd cost you more than Giroux would.
I agree, he would cost more. Only said reportedly because it was mentioned by him. Agree it’s speculation, didn’t mean to say he is…only that if he remotely is, Zito is looking into acquiring him. I really don’t expect anything in terms of him.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
As an Avs fan I’m still optimistic. I’m not sure the exact quote, but it sounds like the rumor is he’d like to go to Florida. So he’s not ruling out any trade destinations or even suggesting he might not waive for them. Unlike the recent Manson quote where he said he would rather not go to Toronto.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Disagree. I think the Flyers hold onto him if they don't get a significant return.

And I think the teams that are seriously interested him would rather have him than play hardball and risk a competitor getting him instead.
I can see Giroux signing with the Flyers after this season so I would guess they would be fine with getting any sort of assets for him as a rental if they know he will come back

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If they aren't getting offers he really shouldn't be this picky. As long as they are a contender he should be content. If not just rot in Philly.

Keep in mind that we don't really know what Giroux is thinking. This time of year media throws a lot of shit out there. My guess is there are 3-4 teams he would be fine going to and that he has an order of preference. Not abnormal for a guy with a NMC about to play his 1000th game for the same team.
Your GM is complete ass though. 2 days after that Risto contract and you think he'll get that return?
Big time facts right here. With Benning fired, Fletcher is now the worst GM in the league. Only Holland is in competition. This is a man that gave Arizona a 2nd and 7th to take Ghost then turned around and used that cap space by trading a 1st, 2nd, and Hagg for Ristolainen; who they then double-downed on with a 5 year, $25 million contract despite his horrid play and the franchise doubling their analytics department. That will go down in the pantheon of all-time worst asset management on par with Milbury's shenanigans in Long Island.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Makes sense. Most players would probably prefer Florida. Besides being a power house this season, the location and weather makes it pretty desirable.

& a spot next to Barkov

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Sanheim is reportedly also be available, I’m sure Zito is working on adding him as well if he can. No idea if it’s possible, but I think he’s still looking to improve the blue line while adding a guy who’s a monster in the playoffs.

The Sanheim thing is unsubstantiated by any reputable sources. It was based on pure speculation stemming from the Risto signing. In fact, it’s much more likely Sanheim stays because him and Risto have been paired together for almost the entire season and Sanheim is the guy that keeps Risto from being an even bigger disaster than he has been. Provorov is the more likely of the two to be dealt IMO as he has regressed tremendously the past few seasons.

Reactions: Rebels57

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Been saying it all season. Our defense is built weirdly, and the way they're deployed makes them look worse than they are.
Weegar is capable of playing LD, but he looks a lot better leading his own pair from his strong side. Instead, he has to be Ekblad's safety valve on his off-side. Plus, those two are both terrible skaters. They aren't a good match. Then there's Forsling - Gudas who are deployed as the shutdown middle pair. Forsling is a great 3D, but Gudas is overmatched on the middle pair. He flourished more leading the bottom pair. Plus, you're wasting Forsling's offensive potential by using him as a shutdown guy. Lastly, you have the bottom pair. Montour is a solid, offensive 5D, but it isn't ideal to pair somebody as free-roaming as Montour with unproven borderline guys like Carlsson, Lindbohm, Kiersted, and formely Juolevi. Luckily, Carlsson and Lindbhom have played well on that bottom pair, but the whole thing is just a mess.
Appreciate the breakdown. Amazing what a difference deployment can make!

Regarding the bolded, I thought one of Weegar's biggest strengths was his skating? Is it something like his balance sucks, or do I misunderstand you?

Reactions: kerrabria

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Appreciate the breakdown. Amazing what a difference deployment can make!

Regarding the bolded, I thought one of Weegar's biggest strengths was his skating? Is it something like his balance sucks, or do I misunderstand you?
Nah, skating is Weegar's biggest weakness, and everything about it is below average. Most noticeable thing is his lack of foot speed though.

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Dude has an NMC. If he decides on Florida then Philly will be getting the Taylor Hall special (a 2nd).
Obviously, I do not know him personally, but I would like to think he wouldn't handcuff the Flyers like that.

But then again, what have the Flyers done for Giroux? They spent his whole career never icing a truly competitive team. And Chuck Fletcher is GM......f***!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad