Friedman: Giroux's preference is to be traded to Florida rather than Colorado or other contenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

steierwrass

Nov 25, 2017
The Panthers don't really have a problem... They could improve on defense, but they are league average defensively while being the best offensive team by a substantial margin. People assume that because the Panthers play an attacking style, they simply trade chances all night and hope to win games 6-4. That's not the case at all.

Defense is ok without injury, but when there 5+ lines NHL forwards, there are 5 real NHL defenders and few borderline cases.

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
thats okay from Colorado's side. We will just get more bottom 6 help for the same cost, and Grioux and Florida can have fun in the dog fight out East where there are more good teams to get through

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Sanheim is reportedly also be available, I’m sure Zito is working on adding him as well if he can. No idea if it’s possible, but I think he’s still looking to improve the blue line while adding a guy who’s a monster in the playoffs.

There are no credible reports that Sanheim is available. He's their best defensemen.

Dr Amazing204

Oct 5, 2017
oh well there are other players out there for the Avalanche so either Florida or lose him for nothing in the offseson what a gamble.

Last edited:

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Defense is ok without injury, but when there 5+ lines NHL forwards, there are 5 real NHL defenders and few borderline cases.
They are still chasing a defenseman. But so far they haven't made any traction on Chychrun or Lindbohm. So they get Grioux, have by far the best forward group in the NHL, and look for a depth add on defense. The ideal scenario is they add a top 4 LD, but if that's not possible, this is an excellent plan B

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Been saying it all season. Our defense is built weirdly, and the way they're deployed makes them look worse than they are.
Weegar is capable of playing LD, but he looks a lot better leading his own pair from his strong side. Instead, he has to be Ekblad's safety valve on his off-side. Plus, those two are both terrible skaters. They aren't a good match. Then there's Forsling - Gudas who are deployed as the shutdown middle pair. Forsling is a great 3D, but Gudas is overmatched on the middle pair. He flourished more leading the bottom pair. Plus, you're wasting Forsling's offensive potential by using him as a shutdown guy. Lastly, you have the bottom pair. Montour is a solid, offensive 5D, but it isn't ideal to pair somebody as free-roaming as Montour with unproven borderline guys like Carlsson, Lindbohm, Kiersted, and formely Juolevi. Luckily, Carlsson and Lindbhom have played well on that bottom pair, but the whole thing is just a mess.

steierwrass

Nov 25, 2017
They are still chasing a defenseman. But so far they haven't made any traction on Chychrun or Lindbohm. So they get Grioux, have by far the best forward group in the NHL, and look for a depth add on defense. The ideal scenario is they add a top 4 LD, but if that's not possible, this is an excellent plan B
There isn't that much cap space. Maybe it's possible to add Giroux and defender, but it's not easy.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Hate us cause you ain't us... Typical Yank shit
More like FL is excessively crowded, hot, humid and has tons of snakes and cockroaches. Plus TFG and your gov being there leaves a lot to be desired. That’s for starters. But the good part is I wouldn’t be there so you have it to yourself even though I actually admire the Panthers.

Reactions: MaWa and Gentle Man

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
More like FL is excessively crowded, hot, humid and has tons of snakes and cockroaches. Plus TFG and your gov being there leaves a lot to be desired. That’s for starters. But the good part is I wouldn’t be there so you have it to yourself even though I actually admire the Panthers.
Lmao, I’m a native and I rarely see snakes, or cockroaches for that matter. Though, I do see them a bit more frequently. The gov is amazing, but this state isn’t for everyone, thankfully. Rather people talk shit and stay out than those that love down and talk shit. Why tf are they are here? Lol

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Meh. I've said for a few weeks now I'd rather see us address our D and go after Copp, Lehkonen esque players than go after G.

If we do land him then I'll most likely be quite excited, but I'd still rather see us solidify our bottom 6.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
He is, Friedman mentioned on 32 Thoughts that he could be, I didn’t say it was definite.

He also painted a picture in the Marek show today in which he believes Provorov might be the one to go.

He said they just signed Risto to an extension and Sanheim has been paired with Risto for most of this year so he said it wouldnt make sense to sign one and change the other.

So he said he could see a scenario where Provorov is the one to go.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Giroux family lives on the east coast and FL does make a lot of sense. Close to home and Cup contenders. AVs already filled a large need with Manson. Need is bottom 6 forward help.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Sanheim is reportedly also be available, I’m sure Zito is working on adding him as well if he can. No idea if it’s possible, but I think he’s still looking to improve the blue line while adding a guy who’s a monster in the playoffs.
No, he's not reportedly available. At least that hasn't been reported by anywhere reputable.

Mohar Ikram

Dec 27, 2021
Muadzam Shah, Pahang, Malaysia
Yeah.. Giroux will be absolute monster on Florida....

But, Florida is already monster by themselves. They are one of few team that can "do nothing" in TDL and still competing.

Cannot see a main F in 3rd or 4th line not being traded for Giroux in this case (Acciari, Vatrano, Tippett, Mamin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00