Friedman: Giroux's preference is to be traded to Florida rather than Colorado or other contenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Interesting to see what the return would be if Giroux truly is stuck on one team.

Does seem a little odd that this was leaked though. This isn't Taylor Hall that didn't have an extensive history with Buffalo.

If leaked by the agent I wonder if Philly really even cares now about his 1000 games

MSL was only willing to waive for the Rags and Tampa came out with quite the haul

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Lindholm or Chychrun would be a better move to help FLA strengthen their chance of winning. The alternate approach is to try to outscore your problems, and Giroux helps with that.
The Panthers don't really have a problem... They could improve on defense, but they are league average defensively while being the best offensive team by a substantial margin. People assume that because the Panthers play an attacking style, they simply trade chances all night and hope to win games 6-4. That's not the case at all.

Reactions: Stubu

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Sanheim is reportedly also be available, I’m sure Zito is working on adding him as well if he can. No idea if it’s possible, but I think he’s still looking to improve the blue line while adding a guy who’s a monster in the playoffs.

Ehh I wouldn't go that far. He hasn't been PPG in the playoffs in a literal decade.

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
If the Panthers get Giroux I'm just gonna laugh. We need a 5th line to fit all of our players on the team.

Reactions: BernieParent

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Giroux deserves to go wherever he prefers.

This Avs fan is fine with this. Not even that disappointed.
I think Sakic can find another quality fit for the FWD group using the same assets he set aside for Giroux.
The pro-scouts have proven quite capable over the last couple years

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Giroux on Florida feels a bit like overkill at this point..

Zito be like

tumblr_mlqtejV20V1rwjqs3o1_250.gif

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Dude has an NMC. If he decides on Florida then Philly will be getting the Taylor Hall special (a 2nd).
Giroux is going to do the Flyers a solid. He's not going to make a stink saying Florida or nothing, but if his preference is Florida, it definitely gives Zito a bit of leverage.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
If Giroux told the Flyers that he wants to be traded to Florida, that gives them very little leverage unless they just decide to not trade him.

Would like to get Sanheim on a package deal if not for that pesky cap.

Reactions: kerrabria

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
This is odd to me as Florida should be shopping for a top 4 LHD imo. Sure more scoring is nice but shouldn't be the main priority here

The thread is about Giroux wanting to be in Florida, not Florida wanting Giroux. Though im sure the Panthers are interested, there's nothing that has been reported that Giroux is their main priority.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Lindholm yes

Isnt Chychrun dead for like 4 weeks? lol

2-4 weeks. But he has higher upside and also not a rental. I don’t think FLA will want to pay what it would take to get him or they would have already a few months ago. That’s why Lindholm is more likely.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
2-4 weeks. But he has higher upside and also not a rental. I don’t think FLA will want to pay what it would take to get him or they would have already a few months ago. That’s why Lindholm is more likely.
giphy.gif

Maybe he comes back to life at the draft :laugh:

In all seriousness, allegedly Zito made an offer for Chych in January. He might have walked away for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad