Giroux is quite possibly the worst player in the NHL

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Giroux may have overachieved a bit last year, but he's the last guy I'd be concerned about long term. There's clearly something going on with him; the "neck" injury he got playing in Europe is my bet.

Dude's last play as a Flyer was a diving attempt to stop an empty netter in the dying seconds of a sunk playoff series.

While playing with a wrist that needed surgery and pneumonia.

There will be none of that. The guy was nothing but a party animal who didn't give a damn about his game or his team. Clearly.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
While playing with a wrist that needed surgery and pneumonia.

I don't ever remember hearing about the pneumonia part.

I don't think Mike Richards was traded because of the type of hockey player he was, he was traded because of the type of person he was becoming. Holmgren clearly ws pained in trading them, but felt like they needed a change of scenery to get themselves in order. Richards was a great player, but like all things, it had to come to an end. We really should just let him and that trade go, there isn't anything we can do about it two years after the fact. I have moved on from the trades. I was pissed when they happened, but what can I do? Also we don't know of any of the things going on behind the scenes.

Terence Peterman

Sep 17, 2007
I don't ever remember hearing about the pneumonia part.

I don't think Mike Richards was traded because of the type of hockey player he was, he was traded because of the type of person he was becoming. Holmgren clearly ws pained in trading them, but felt like they needed a change of scenery to get themselves in order. Richards was a great player, but like all things, it had to come to an end. We really should just let him and that trade go, there isn't anything we can do about it two years after the fact. I have moved on from the trades. I was pissed when they happened, but what can I do? Also we don't know of any of the things going on behind the scenes.

He didn't get brought up because someone was clinging onto him. He got brought up because someone felt the need to write some revisionist history about his time here.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
He didn't get brought up because someone was clinging onto him. He got brought up because someone felt the need to write some revisionist history about his time here.

I gotcha, I figured once Richards was brought into the mix of this thread it was just down hill... so didn't really check it all out. I don't really know how anyone can question what Richy brought on the ice really, he was everything you asked for. He never took a shift off and worked his tail off on the ice. Lead by example type of player like Iggy in Calgary. Off the ice is a whole different issue(not talking about partying either) and has been beaten to death on this board. Giroux doesn't take games or shifts off either, but I strongly believe Giroux is hurting somewhere.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I don't think Richards ever didn't give a crap when he was on the ice. He may have had off-ice priorities that didn't align with what you might think a Captain's priorities look like, but that is all rumor and innuendo. I never watched Richie play and thought he was dogging it at all. That being said, I think the rumor and innuendo about the locker room issues and his work ethic off the ice probably have some truth to them...how much we may never know.

That's what I'm talking about...on the ice I rarely had a gripe with him but his off ice issues whatever they were despite people wanting to REVISE or downplay them was starting to effect his commitment to the team. He got traded for a reason(s) and all the sensitive people on here can apologize and deny all they want but there were issues with him that required him to need a change a scenery. I don't see that with Giroux..that is the point I'm trying to make but people get all bent out of shape when Richards and Carter get brought up. It's frankly ridiculous. No other two players get the same reaction on this board as those two....seriously and it's the same people.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

Because you know everything about him and his history right? You have inside info yourself and can claim to be the authority on his history. Seriously give it up ..you hate this board anyway so why feel the need to respond to it...

Terence Peterman

Sep 17, 2007
Because you know everything about him and his history right? You have inside info yourself and can claim to be the authority on his history. Seriously give it up ..you hate this board anyway so why feel the need to respond to it...

Because you have inside info yourself and can claim to be the authority on why I don't post all that much anymore, right?

You're the one that brought the slander aspect to the thread, then back pedaled and had to clarify that you only meant his off-ice actions, which you don't know, either, and are only buying into what our questionable media people have to say. I guess you just figured it wasn't worth clarifying that stuff before talking about the end of his time here.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Only in Philadelphia do we ****ing worry about a player having a couple of beers after a game.
Un ****ing believable.
Richards gave everything he had to this organization. He wasnt the reason they didnt win a Cup here, despite what a certian few think.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Because you have inside info yourself and can claim to be the authority on why I don't post all that much anymore, right?

You're the one that brought the slander aspect to the thread, then back pedaled and had to clarify that you only meant his off-ice actions, which you don't know, either, and are only buying into what our questionable media people have to say. I guess you just figured it wasn't worth clarifying that stuff before talking about the end of his time here.

What was slanderous about my initial comment? Tell me? Just b/c it was a CRITICISM questioning his commitment to the team. There was no backpedaling. I clarified my statement. You are the one inferring some kind of unreasonable hate based on absolutely nothing. Only blind apologists don't want to admit that Richards had any issues most notably with the coach that lead to his being traded among other off-ice issues we still don't know but can only infer through various sources. Not all of them were bogus...

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Only in Philadelphia do we ****ing worry about a player having a couple of beers after a game.
Un ****ing believable.
Richards gave everything he had to this organization. He wasnt the reason they didnt win a Cup here, despite what a certian few think.

Who said anything about beer?

Richards was brought up in this thread as a comparison since he was the last Captain basically (Pronger's stint too short) and we're comparing G's stint as Captain thus far and what might be wrong. Heck ....maybe it's the same thing with Richards and Lavi ..not seeing eye to eye which wasn't some invented thing. I mean Brind'amour basically lead an insurrection against Lavi and he's not exactly some loose canon.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

Richards was brought up in this thread as a comparison since he was the last Captain basically (Pronger's stint too short) and we're comparing G's stint as Captain thus far and what might be wrong. Heck ....maybe it's the same thing with Richards and Lavi ..not seeing eye to eye which wasn't some invented thing. I mean Brind'amour basically lead an insurrection against Lavi and he's not exactly some loose canon.

people whining about his "off ice activities" along with Carter. What else can that mean? LOL

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
people whining about his "off ice activities" along with Carter. What else can that mean? LOL

It can mean a lot more than your red herring inference. But that's ok keep using it to discount the fact that he got traded for many extenuating circumstances which include not seeing eye to eye with Lavi, tweeting wars with the media like a teen which Meltzer even said the team was not happy about, not to mention going AWOL after the team lost badly to Boston where he was even called out by the likes of Tocchet for needing to show more. Once again he didn't get traded for doing everything right on his part..lol

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
It can mean a lot more than your red herring inference. But that's ok keep using it to discount the fact that he got traded for many extenuating circumstances which include not seeing eye to eye with Lavi, tweeting wars with the media like a teen which Meltzer even said the team was not happy about, not to mention going AWOL after the team lost badly to Boston where he was even called out by the likes of Tocchet for needing to show more. Once again he didn't get traded for doing everything right on his part..lol
Exactly...neither carter or richy were moved because of their contracts, needing cap, space, or on ice play.

The organization will NEVER admit to that though.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Exactly...neither carter or richy were moved because of their contracts, needing cap, space, or on ice play.

The organization will NEVER admit to that though.

Carter to me was more of a hockey trade.....so yeah. Richards was a whole lot of stuff ..hockey and not hockey related.

Anyway...again the only reason I even brought Richards up was in the captain context and yeah there is no slander b/c the fact was that his commitment was waning ...the reasons can be debated but it's futile with some.

Terence Peterman

Sep 17, 2007
What was slanderous about my initial comment? Tell me? Just b/c it was a CRITICISM questioning his commitment to the team. There was no backpedaling. I clarified my statement. You are the one inferring some kind of unreasonable hate based on absolutely nothing. Only blind apologists don't want to admit that Richards had any issues most notably with the coach that lead to his being traded among other off-ice issues we still don't know but can only infer through various sources. Not all of them were bogus...

First, good work side stepping the question about why I don't post here much anymore.

Second, it's slanderous to say he started not giving a ****, and entirely unrelated to an issue with the coach.

...and good work apparently clarifying another statement here. You're leading with your statements and not liking people filling in holes you won't. You're talking about red herring inferences (is that your favorite word?) when you can't speak to the specifics of the off-ice issues. You're building steps in a conversation that lead to nowhere and not liking it when people don't want to end up in your corner.

Terence Peterman

Sep 17, 2007
Carter to me was more of a hockey trade.....so yeah. Richards was a whole lot of stuff ..hockey and not hockey related.

Anyway...again the only reason I even brought Richards up was in the captain context and yeah there is no slander b/c the fact was that his commitment was waning ...the reasons can be debated but it's futile with some.

How? How is that possibly a fact?

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
First, good work side stepping the question about why I don't post here much anymore.

Second, it's slanderous to say he started not giving a ****, and entirely unrelated to an issue with the coach.

...and good work apparently clarifying another statement here. You're leading with your statements and not liking people filling in holes you won't. You're talking about red herring inferences (is that your favorite word?) when you can't speak to the specifics of the off-ice issues. You're building steps in a conversation that lead to nowhere and not liking it when people don't want to end up in your corner.

Seriously..not worth debating with you. Go to your echo chamber now.....

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Intangibles are always a stupid topic. Nobody can prove a player is a certain way without knowing them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad