Girgensons: Buffalo or Rochester?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I think Girgensons is the kind of kid who thrives on facing adversity and whose confidence isn't going to be broken by playing on a ****** team or not racking up a lot of points. And I'd still vote to send him back to Rochester. His offensive game can definitely still develop more there, and probably his physical game as well. Let him get big minutes with the Amerks for a little while longer. He'll have plenty of chances to play his way back up to Buffalo this year, either when injuries strike and they need to call someone up or when we're selling off players at the deadline.

I don't think those of us advocating he goes down are saying this. And I agree with the rest of your post.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Huh? Shouldn't this be the 2nd year of his ELC because he signed a professional contract? I'm a bit confused why he'd get the ELC slide, we aren't sending him back to Jr/NCAA

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Huh? Shouldn't this be the 2nd year of his ELC because he signed a professional contract? I'm a bit confused why he'd get the ELC slide, we aren't sending him back to Jr/NCAA

A U20 players contract doesn't kick in until he plays 10 games

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+

"If a player aged 18 or 19 signs an entry-level contract with a club (with his age calculated on Sept. 15 of the year he signed the contract) but does not play in at least 10 NHL games, the contract will "slide" or be extended one year. The extension does not apply if the player turns 20 between Sept. 16 and Dec. 31 in the year he signed the contract.

Depending on the contract's structure, the player's cap hit can be affected either by an increase or a decrease. Players who sign at age 18 can have their contract extended (or "slide") two seasons.

CBA reference: Section 9.1 (d) (P. 23-24)"
http://www.capgeek.com/faq/how-does-an-entry-level-contract-slide.php

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad