Injury Report: Girardi - Swollen Knee (DTD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Graves has outplayed Skjei in Hartford. He should get the call if anything.

I'm glad Graves is succeeding, but I'd rather go with the guy who made a deep playoff run in the AHL last year, has substantially more pro experience and NCAA before that. Not a knock on Graves, or even meant to disagree. I just think it's more likely for Skjei to step in more smoothly given his age and experience.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Graves has outplayed Skjei in Hartford. He should get the call if anything.

From what I've been reading from the Hartford thread (I believe you are the poster there?) Graves has been the best dman down there. perhaps they don't want to stunt his development or something...

But either way if Skjei gets the call up, I presume we're seeing:

Staal-McDonagh
Yandle-McIlrath
Skjei-Boyle

Staal might actually flourish with someone like McDonagh.

This could be VERY good.

McDonagh-McIlrath
Skeij-Yandle
Staal-Boyle

Hungry for a double big-mac anyone?

I actually would LOVE to see that...

but its tough breaking up Yandle-McI... they're such a beastly pairing

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I think they'd ice something like this:

Yandle - McD
Staal - Boyle
Whomever - McIlrath

Then just play the hell out of the top two pairings all night.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I think they'd ice something like this:

Yandle - McD
Staal - Boyle
Whomever - McIlrath

Then just play the hell out of the top two pairings all night.

Don't see any reason to not give McI big minutes when G is out. I really want to see people start to be clearly rewarded for their play. McI deserves minutes more than anyone, a whole lot more than either Staal or Boyle.

Hoping Skjei or Graves gets this game. Don't care too much which one.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Don't see any reason to not give McI big minutes when G is out. I really want to see people start to be clearly rewarded for their play. McI deserves minutes more than anyone, a whole lot more than either Staal or Boyle.

Hoping Skjei or Graves gets this game. Don't care too much which one.

I don't see any reason not to either. I'm just saying I think that's what AV will ice.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Does Hartford play tonight? Strange no decision has been made yet. Would imagine they would want that body on their way to join the team.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I just don't see the point in separating Yandle and McIlrath right now, especially when the pairings tomorrow will only be together for a game or two at most.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Does Hartford play tonight? Strange no decision has been made yet. Would imagine they would want that body on their way to join the team.

They play at MSG tomorrow night, no rush in needing to get him down here. HFD doesn't play again till Friday night.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
They play at MSG tomorrow night, no rush in needing to get him down here. HFD doesn't play again till Friday night.

They've very likely figured out who they're calling up. Might be waiting until tomorrow to make it official to save a day on the cap. Every dollar counts.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
McDonagh-McIlrath

giphy.gif

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Coach should tell Dylan he's going to be the top-dog alongside his Captain for the game versus the Oil and to relish such an opportunity being down our top 2 RHD.

The impact it could potentially make on his development would trump what he's doing with Yandle.

I'm talking big minutes versus Drai + Hall and Nuge + Ebs lines and eating those heavy DZone starts versus those guys, 1st PK Unit, tying/prevent situations etc. Even give him a look on 2nd PP unit. See if he can get that shot through.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Coach should tell Dylan he's going to be the top-dog alongside his Captain for the game versus the Oil and to relish such an opportunity being down our top 2 RHD.

The impact it could potentially make on his development would trump what he's doing with Yandle.

I'm talking big minutes versus Drai + Hall and Nuge + Ebs lines and eating those heavy DZone starts versus those guys, 1st PK Unit, tying/prevent situations etc. Even give him a look on 2nd PP unit. See if he can get that shot through.

I'd love to see that...

a top 4 of McDonagh-McIlrath and yandle-Klein trumps all the **** we've been trotting out.

Then you do an alternation of Staal/Boyle/Diaz/Girardi for the bottom pair.

No more of this "see what happens" bs. we're 30 games in--decisions need to be made NOW on this roster

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
I don't want handle-McI to be broken up, so i'd go with either one or two things..

If it isn't broken up, I go with this:

Handle-McI
Skjei - McD
Staal - Boyle

If it is broken up, I go with this:

McD - McI
Skjei - Handle
Staal - Boyle

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I'd love to see that...

a top 4 of McDonagh-McIlrath and yandle-Klein trumps all the **** we've been trotting out.

Then you do an alternation of Staal/Boyle/Diaz/Girardi for the bottom pair.

No more of this "see what happens" bs. we're 30 games in--decisions need to be made NOW on this roster

Yeah, we need to start winning games again and such a lineup should help in that regard, but you also need to develop and challenge your players throughout the season.

I guess there is a compromise in 'best chance for the team to win' versus 'best for this player's future' and the coach is responsible for compromising accordingly.

It's a nice opportunity to try and do this. Imagine the confidence and experience it would give him if he flourished in such a role, and dare I say scored his first goal or something.

He's proven he can play in this league without much maintenance thus far. If I am the coach, I brake up him and #93 for this game and hand him the keys to the top-pair and tell em it's all his.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Yeah, we need to start winning games again and such a lineup should help in that regard, but you also need to develop and challenge your players throughout the season.

I guess there is a compromise in 'best chance for the team to win' versus 'best for this player's future' and the coach is responsible for compromising accordingly.

It's a nice opportunity to try and do this. Imagine the confidence and experience it would give him if he flourished in such a role, and dare I say scored his first goal or something.

He's proven he can play in this league without much maintenance thus far. If I am the coach, I brake up him and #93 for this game and hand him the keys to the top-pair and tell em it's all his.

I'm not against it by any means. if he's playing that well, then it's possible he can pick McD's game up and maybe help jump start our D like we've needed.

Any combination of McDonagh/Yandle with Klein/McIlrath will make for a very complete pairing.

Diaz holds a better hand than the other defensemen because he can play lefty and right... so you bet your ass you're going to see Diaz-Girardi and Staal-Boyle...

That's what needs to be done.

After Tanner is sent down, of course. The team will bounce back and he'll regress to the terrible player he's always been. Right now he's an asset that is using effort to jump start the team. let's just hope Gorton has the balls to send him down

McDonagh27

Aug 3, 2005
Canada
Ugh. I hope it's not Summers again. Experience doesn't mean squat if you stink. How much worse could Graves or Skjei be?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I wouldn't put it past management and PR that this is an opportunity to 'sit' Girardi without embarrassing him or looking desperate. Using the guise of a knee injury and allowing Skjei to step in for a couple games for a serious look.

It's very possible he is actually banged up and needs a couple games off, but you have to question all theories especially after how brutal he has been for a long stretch of this season.

Coaches and teams do not lie about injuries to bench or play people. So no probably not. AV always gives it to us straight.

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad