Injury Report: Girardi - Swollen Knee (DTD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
If they have the luxury of doing this, they should give Girardi and Staal some extended time off if they are concerned with the playoff mileage on them

They played an entire season's worth of extra hockey over the last for seasons.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
According to reporters at practice, the swelling is due to a blocked shot in Vancouver. Probably got worse in the EDM/CGY games.

No surprise.

Stoll got waived partially because of this, I bet. Partially because of his play on the EDM GWG...

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Injuries are bad, but this could open up a huge oppurtunity for McIlrath. Play him 20+ mins for the first time this season vs. EDM and see how it goes. Can't be any worse than the display Girardi had when the two teams last met.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
According to reporters at practice, the swelling is due to a blocked shot in Vancouver. Probably got worse in the EDM/CGY games.

No surprise.

Stoll got waived partially because of this, I bet. Partially because of his play on the EDM GWG...

Not to keep harping on this but it makes even less sense to bring an extra forward (Glass) on the trip now. They had no cap space to bring an extra dman in case someone got hurt.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Even more importantly, AV said Stepan and Klein are "day-to-day." We need them back badly.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'd love to see them call up Skjei, but I have a feeling it'll be Bodie.

McDonagh-Boyle
Yandle-McIlrath
Staal-Bodie

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I'm not a big fan of putting a guy in his first NHL game on a pairing with a rookie still finding his way, albeit improving game-to-game.

Staal - McDonagh
Yandle - McIlrath
Skjei - Boyle

Think that's what I'd go with. Don't break up the Yandle - McIlrath pairing, pair Boyle with Skjei and they get the much easier assignments for the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad