Girard vs. Q. Hughes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
What point are you even trying to make? Do you think this is some sort of “Gotcha!” moment? Because what it actually is is emotionally driven incoherent drivel that fails to make any point at all.
I think they're just mocking similar type posts in the thread by Canucks fans.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Garbage irrelevant statement that has nothing to do with anything.
More relevant than this post. Colorado was a bubble team and was tied 1-1 in the series with Calgary before Makar arrived. Colorado blew Calgary out of the building after Makar arrived and have been a top team since.

Pettersson and Hughes has regressed hard. Remember when Vancouver fans said a Pettersson could be as good as MacKinnon lol?

You swap Pettersson and Hughes for MacKinnon and Makar and I bet they're at least a bubble team right now.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
More relevant than this post. Colorado was a bubble team and was tied 1-1 in the series with Calgary before Makar arrived. Colorado blew Calgary out of the building after Makar arrived and have been a top team since.

Pettersson and Hughes has regressed hard. Remember when Vancouver fans said a Pettersson could be as good as MacKinnon lol?

You swap Pettersson and Hughes for MacKinnon and Makar and I bet they're at least a bubble team right now.

The fact that you think Pettersson and Hughes have regressed hard shows you have no idea what you are talking about.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Girard has the higher PPG while being excellent defensively. How is he not better than Hughes at this moment?

If this poll was about potential the result would make sense, but its not.

Reactions: Mighty Makar

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
A slumping player isnt akin to suggesting they have regressed, and he wasn't "god awful".

He's undoubtedly regressed this season it's been more than just a slump. We can recognize that he has seen some regression in his game while still saying he's going to be just fine moving forward. We went through the same thing with MacKinnon.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Advanced stats backs that up, do you want to see them? They aren't pretty. What do you have? Your eye test?
Oh cool, you think you're Brad Pitt in Moneyball.

You earnestly think that reading spreadsheets is better than watching the games?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Oh cool, you think you're Brad Pitt in Moneyball.

You earnestly think that reading spreadsheets is better than watching the games?
I mean at this exact point in time there is nothing that Hughes does better than Girard than shoot and QB a powerplay. Defensively it's easily Girard for now. Offense and transition it's probably pretty even at this point. I mean realistically Hughes will surpass Girard as soon as next season though.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Toews thread reminded me of this thread. Avs fans with a lot of awful takes in here.
I mean last year the thread was made during what will probably be the worst season on Hughes career. And now it’s being bumped during the worst stretch of Girards career. Hughes is clearly the better player though.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Lol. I figured Huggy Bear would win. He has to win a poll sometimes, right? If I wanted it to end like I wanted it to be, Makar would be in the poll instead of Girard.

This has got to be amongst the most cringe posts I’ve seen here ever.

Last year this was a discussion, this year it isn’t close.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Me thinking Girard was close to Hughes back then :
200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $365.00