Girard vs. Q. Hughes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASAP Surg

Nov 26, 2009
Vancouver
Okay let's see these 5 threads then because I only see this one on the first 10 pages of the poll threads.

I don’t want to get too into it because I have my own biases as a Canucks fan, but there’s definitely some Avs fans (such as the OP) who really seems like they’re rubbing in Hughes’ struggles this year.

On the flipside, there’s one Canucks Fan that seems to be going around anything Avs-related right now to bash them, which is just as obnoxious.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I don’t want to get too into it because I have my own biases as a Canucks fan, but there’s definitely some Avs fans (such as the OP) who really seems like they’re rubbing in Hughes’ struggles this year.

On the flipside, there’s one Canucks Fan that seems to be going around anything Avs-related right now to bash them, which is just as obnoxious.

I mean Avs fans don't have much of a leg to stand on if they wanna go down that road anyway. Makar hasn't been able to stay healthy enough to realistically make the comp to Hughes anyway.

Hughes will be just fine.

Reactions: Dust Bucket

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I mean Avs fans don't have much of a leg to stand on if they wanna go down that road anyway. Makar hasn't been able to stay healthy enough to realistically make the comp to Hughes anyway.

Hughes will be just fine.

Well... he has been a lot better than Hughes. So, I’ll certainly make that argument.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm not really surprised by some of the responses in here, a lot of Avs fans tend to think that they have the best player at ever position, "Girard is arguably the best defenceman at transition" LOL. That being said its probably Girard right now but Hughes long term by a decent margin.
It comes from an Athletic article like 2 years ago where he was literally declared THE best defenseman in the NHL in transition. Given how much he’s improved since then you’d have to think he’s still up there.

You can “LOL” all you want but that won’t change the fact that Girard is one of the best transition defenseman in the league.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
It comes from an Athletic article like 2 years ago where he was literally declared THE best defenseman in the NHL in transition. Given how much he’s improved since then you’d have to think he’s still up there.

You can “LOL” all you want but that won’t change the fact that Girard is one of the best transition defenseman in the league.
One of sure, not THE best. I just hear that too many times from too many Avs fans on HF about all their players. Sounds like Leafs fans honestly.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
One of sure, not THE best. I just hear that too many times from too many Avs fans on HF about all their players. Sounds like Leafs fans honestly.
I said “arguably” the best. How do you debate that. Is he not?

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012

Being good in transition is different than being good defensively

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm not really surprised by some of the responses in here, a lot of Avs fans tend to think that they have the best player at ever position, "Girard is arguably the best defenceman at transition" LOL. That being said its probably Girard right now but Hughes long term by a decent margin.
I mean statistically he is the best transition dman in the league... sooo

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Girard today, as the defensive edge is bigger than the offensive edge, however Hughes ends up better long term.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Would love to see how Girard would do on one of the worst teams in the league opposed to being on the best team in the league. The environment surrounding these two players couldnt be more different.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Would love to see how Girard would do on one of the worst teams in the league opposed to being on the best team in the league. The environment surrounding these two players couldnt be more different.
I think Nucks would do better defensively with him but his offensive numbers would go down IMO.

Avs have the best everything. Its crazy. How many cups are they gonna win? 10?
Anything less than 9 in the next decade should be considered a disappointment !

Reactions: missionAvs

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Maybe Hughes should play better so he's team isn't one of the worst in the league? Funny with how much Vancouver fans talk up Pettersson and Hughes you'd think they wouldn't be a bottom feeder.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Again... no avs player is good they just play on a good team... got it!

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I seem to remember a lot of Canuck fans telling me last season that the main reason they did so well was ‘cause of Hughes. They suck this season. I’m guessing it’s not Hughes’ fault...

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
If we're using 20ish games stretches Nathan Mackinnon isn't even a top 10 centre. girard needs to prove he can bring this offence consistently.

Girard is also due for offensive regression.
EwtmH-BWEAoI2bi

Aves overcount shots at home. They credit shots on goal for dump ins and icings. Girard's "true" shots on goal is even lower. So his real shooting percentage this season might even be 14% or more. The regression will be even bigger.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I seem to remember a lot of Canuck fans telling me last season that the main reason they did so well was ‘cause of Hughes. They suck this season. I’m guessing it’s not Hughes’ fault...

What point are you even trying to make? Do you think this is some sort of “Gotcha!” moment? Because what it actually is is emotionally driven incoherent drivel that fails to make any point at all.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Avs have the best everything. Its crazy. How many cups are they gonna win? 10?
So what does that make Pettersson and Hughes? Must be plugs since Vancouver is a dumpster fire. Avs are one of the top teams in the league and Makar is the best defenseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad