Girard vs. Q. Hughes

Girard vs. Q. Hughes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Once hughes is in his 4th NHL season and gained experience Girard has this will probably be clearly hughes.

Reactions: LurkerMcgee

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
Although he’s not having a similar year to next year he’s still the better player. His potential is way higher too. No knock on girad but Quinn Hughes is the type of guy everyone wants on their team

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Not a single vote for Girard, This isn't going to end like the OP thought
Lol. I figured Huggy Bear would win. He has to win a poll sometimes, right? If I wanted it to end like I wanted it to be, Makar would be in the poll instead of Girard.

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I wasn't over the the moon for Girard to start the year but it's been quite the year. And he's only 1 year and half older than Hughes. This is just name recognition evaluations right?

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
If we're using 20ish games stretches Nathan Mackinnon isn't even a top 10 centre. girard needs to prove he can bring this offence consistently.

Girard is also due for offensive regression.
EwtmH-BWEAoI2bi

Last edited:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Girard is having a really good year, and Hughes' play has been frustrating to say the least, but Hughes is also the better talent, and I wonder what he'd be like with more support and with a competent coach. I don't know if Girard is better in a vacuum, but he's been more effective this year.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
If we're using 20ish games stretches Nathan Mackinnon isn't even a top 10 centre. girard needs to prove he can bring this offence consistently.

Girard is also due for offensive regression.
EwtmH-BWEAoI2bi

The goals per game will definitely drop and probably the points per game too, but that’s not really even Girard’s calling card.

His transition ability and 2-way game is more what he’s known for. I don’t think there’s any doubt that Hughes is superior offensively and will continue to be moving forward.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Right now it's Girard and it really isn't close.

But once Hughes gets some more time in the league and the opportunity to adjust his game a little, he should at the very least close the gap significantly and may be the better player.

But ya, this poll honestly just continues to show how underrated Girard is. Playing 25+ minutes a night right now on one of the best teams in the league right now, dominating both ends of the ice. Killing Penalties, Playing Power Play.

There's honestly nothing more you could ask for from your #1D. Girard is doing it all and doing extremely well in the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad